What's new

The House of El : (1.06) Superman General Discussion Thread

Hades

Noob
superman tends to struggle against true zoners (like the ones you mentioned). They are not unwinnable by any stretch however, just know that these matches tend to be tough. Raven and Sinestro you can even out the match if you take them to the corner and contain them. You cannot contain Zatanna however, this match is more difficult.
Oh ok, cheers for the reply man i appreciate it. I suppose now its just time to learn his bnb's and set ups so i dont drop them all the time and start learning match ups too.

Hades

Noob
Hey guys im having a little bit of trouble with opening people up who just constantly block low and bait out jump ins. What do you guys use as an overhead to open people up who play very patiently?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Hey guys im having a little bit of trouble with opening people up who just constantly block low and bait out jump ins. What do you guys use as an overhead to open people up who play very patiently?
Well honestly that doesn't happen till the corner as you can f3 them if you think they are scared. As for midscreen, and if you are willing to spend the bar, MB eye laser puts you at +11 and is an overhead or you can do MB Super Punch but you are at -6 so don't swing. What you should be doing is f2xxtrait or 3xxtrait. F2 puts at +6 so you can go for a throw, a neutral jump 2/IA j2, while 3 puts you at +22 for a guaranteed f3 (unless they backdash in which case you forward dash on read and if you do an empty dash it still pushes them into the corner), once your opponent starts teching your 15% throws, you can open them up with a f23, MBf3, or any neutral jump normal. Don't forget if they block a heat zap, you get two dashes in as well and can frame trap them. Hope this helped! :)

DarksydeDash

Anyone else notice the insane hard knockdown properties of 112 in the air? You get some crazy stuff in the corner.

DarksydeDash

I would appreciate someones opinion on this. Is it worth it in the corner to use trait for one big combo or should it be saved for divebomb reset?
It depends on if you can get the kill. I try to go for the dive bomb reset with it, that way I can get max damage. Also if there is an interactable and you land the reset, it can TOD in the corner with trait. Of course
it costs you losing your corner placement so I recommend to do it against certain matchups like Grundy or when your opponent is at their second health bar.

-My usual 100% with interactables
f23, 3xx Heat Zap, 3, low scoop, nj2xxdelayed divebomb, 3xx trait, 3xx low scoop, 3xx MB breath, crossup j3, 3xx intereactable.

-My usual 100% without interactables
f23, 3xx Heat Zap, 3xx trait, 3xx low scoop, Nj2xx delayed divebomb, 11, 3xx MB breath, j3, 3xx low scoop, 3xxRGHV

These are my go-to resets, but all the other Supes players have their own they prefer. Try experimenting to find one you like the most. Also keep an eye out for the d2 quickstand thread, I will show off 100% resets with those as well.
Hope this helped!

It depends on if you can get the kill. I try to go for the dive bomb reset with it, that way I can get max damage. Also if there is an interactable and you land the reset, it can TOD in the corner with trait. Of course
it costs you losing your corner placement so I recommend to do it against certain matchups like Grundy or when your opponent is at their second health bar.

-My usual 100% with interactables
f23, 3xx Heat Zap, 3, low scoop, nj2xxdelayed divebomb, 3xx trait, 3xx low scoop, 3xx MB breath, crossup j3, 3xx intereactable.

-My usual 100% without interactables
f23, 3xx Heat Zap, 3xx trait, 3xx low scoop, Nj2xx delayed divebomb, 11, 3xx MB breath, j3, 3xx low scoop, 3xxRGHV

These are my go-to resets, but all the other Supes players have their own they prefer. Try experimenting to find one you like the most. Also keep an eye out for the d2 quickstand thread, I will show off 100% resets with those as well.
Hope this helped!
Thank you, this was very informative answer. If there is no interactable i have usually went for f23, 3xx Heat Zap, 3 xxtrait, instant/delayed divebomb, 3xx MB breath, Nj2, 223, 11xx Scoop, 3xx breath. Its bit more online friendly but does not hit 100 %. Cant remember how much it does, but i try those resets that you mentioned, they are way better optimized. Quickstand reset with Supes sounds pretty dirty. Cant wait to see how much better use Supes can make of them compared to Joker.

DarksydeDash

Ok real talk, is there any point to using f2d13 as an ender? You can't otg dive-bomb without delaying it to the point your opponent can wake up and its not very good midscreen either. So what is its use? >.<
Edit: Yes I know it can be used to reverse wakeups.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Ok real talk, is there any point to using f2d13 as an ender? You can't otg dive-bomb without delaying it to the point your opponent can wake up and its not very good midscreen either. So what is its use? >.<
Edit: Yes I know it can be used to reverse wakeups.

Setups and free lasers.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Lol maybe pre-patch the lasers might have been free.

Easy as shit in 1.06 to dodge or block. You can see the startup frames easy peasy.

DarksydeDash

Lol maybe pre-patch the lasers might have been free.

Easy as shit in 1.06 to dodge or block. You can see the startup frames easy peasy.
Exactly! So when I see someone complain about lasers when they are batman or Bane, they don't know what they are talking about. :\

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Where are you playing at that all these people are whining? Online? Superman is way more free now than pre-patch. His setups and resets have been downloaded by everyone. Only a few day 1 players that still use him hold their own.

DarksydeDash

Where are you playing at that all these people are whining? Online? Superman is way more free now than pre-patch. His setups and resets have been downloaded by everyone. Only a few day 1 players that still use him hold their own.
Yeah online, there are no locals or tournaments near me so I just body scrubs online. :p Also that is why I go for the Corner vortex.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Are you referring to meaty heat zaps by "free lasers?" Also what setups? The day 1 KDZ reset or the Frantastic crossup dive-bomb?

I was talking ground lasers, since it's a hard knockdown the wakeup has to come out in a smaller window so wakeups, even invincible ones, can be blown up by MB lasers. At best it's a hit, at worst it forces the opponent to block.

As for setups you can get some ambiguous/weird stuff with NJ3/divebomb Edit: in the corner.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

Anyone know why KDZ is doing f2 breath now on block? I know it prevents your opponent jumping out of pressure but does it actually give you slightly more advantage over them? I am also aware that f2 into MB breath is unclashable damage.

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Hey I have a quick question. Do you know if hit stun deterioration affects the advantage on hit of certain combinations? For example with superman I do his F23xxbreath, j.2 into his standing 1, and in the frame data it says standing 1 on hit is +18, but i don't know if its less advantageous. If so i think I have a killer reset to post.

EDIT: Anyone wants to rate my superman on psn? I NEED HELP. lol. PSN:SupaSapien3

Last edited:

AlanC

Noob
Anyone know why KDZ is doing f2 breath now on block? I know it prevents your opponent jumping out of pressure but does it actually give you slightly more advantage over them? I am also aware that f2 into MB breath is unclashable damage.
Keeps superman closer than doing f23 breath