What's new

The Herd of Console Sheep

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You are 100% correct. From what I see, we are not allowed to back ourselves up when called out on a topic. Someone provided a "read it and weep" list of PC parts so I checked him on it. It was all because I said that you have to throw some dough at a decent PC build.

No matter the logic, it just escaped them. On the flip side, I totally got their point of what you could build for that cost. They failed to acknowledge my point of, if you're going to do the work to build a PC, why not build one that really makes the case for "way better than console?"

It will take more than $400.00 to achieve that. That was all I was trying to say.
Hey @God Confirm, are your pronouns “they”, “their” and “them”? Just curious.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
take that wannabe tough guy shit off the MK fansite please, we get it, you're a director of engineering with unmatched experience with computers, but you still somehow got it wrong

move on and let the meme thread go back to memeing my guy

Last edited:

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
take that gagworthy wannabe tough guy shit off the MK fansite please, we get it, you're a director of engineering with unmatched experience with computers, but you still somehow got it wrong

move on and let the meme thread go back to memeing my guy, not sure what sort of person would take a comment like that ultra serious to begin with
Ok, what is wrong with you? You just told me that you are my boss.. Out of pure respect, I would not do that to you or anyone else. I'm not acting like a tough guy. What is really going on here?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Apparently you do care, which is why you remembered what I do for a living and why you mentioned it. I actually don't care what you do for a living either. I only mentioned it to show some credentials but whatever.

If you told me you can remodel kitchens and stated that you own a home improvement business, I'll be more inclined to hear your recommendations. I'm just being honest. By the way, I never called anyone here out of their names like you just did with that quote. I guess I'm an asshole for that.

I'm not stopping you or anyone from having fun. Do what you like.
Btw, that’s the “argument from authoritiy” logical fallacy. An argument should be taken at face value. Two people saying the same thing is the same thing regardless of which one is more “qualified” to say it.
its xe, xem and xyr, just for clarity
Not sure if serious or not.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
My first experience with PC gaming years ago: went to go start Vampire the Masquerade, got an immediate crash. Searched through the Steam forums for a fix, found out there is an unofficial patch you need. Downloaded a patch, turns out that was the wrong unofficial patch, you actually needed this other unofficial patch, so I had to delete the whole thing and reinstall. To get this information, I also had to dig through several topics of people jerking themselves off to their hardware specs instead of being helpful.

And the thing about price people seem to look over now is that it isn't 2015. The PS4 slim routinely goes on sale for $200-250. I can play SCVI right now and don't have to worry whether or not the cheap parts I got for my PC can do the job or any random issues that might pop up because I used the wrong parts from the wrong company.

please speak up it's difficult to hear you

Please understand that not everyone gives a crap about the above. And as a gamer who's played on both platforms, I can honestly say that consoles also have smooth gameplay, HD Textures, 1080p, and exclusive titles.

Consoles don't have Steam, but they have something PC's likely will never have: a unified online platform. That's actually one of the biggest things consoles have over PC's, yet I find it interesting that no one brings that up often.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Btw, that’s the “argument from authoritiy” logical fallacy. An argument should be taken at face value. Two people saying the same thing is the same thing regardless of which one is more “qualified” to say it
Point taken.

I figured out what's happening here. Both of these guys that have been jumping on my case are at a point in their lives where no matter what logical explanations they get, they don't care and stick to what they believe. That's Ok, it's within their rights. I have a 24 year old niece that acted like that when my own brother told her what she had done wrong.

I totally got their point with the $400.00 PC build. I even acknowledged it. They jumped on me for talking about a driver issue that I brought up. Basically said "When did this happen? 15 years ago?", when that literally happened 2 months ago. They tried to discredit what happened to me but whatever.

I was responded to with a "read it and weep" spec list to prove that you could build a gaming rig with $400.00. That list was petty bad for a gaming rig. I had to check him on that. When I reply to you, you get what you give. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what I or anyone else does for a living. It adds credibility but that guy is correct, it does not matter at the end of the day.

What does matter is if you respond to someone with something that may provoke a response that you don't like, don't reply with that response lol! I have to admit, there are some very off the wall responses that I got.

Peace.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
*Looks at thread* What a fucking shit storm YOU guys caused in here! Welp, Uncle JBeezY aint cleaning this up. You kids just have fun :DOGE

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I honestly can't figure out how this topic was even allowed to live. The very title of it is baiting, and serves no purpose other than to start arguments, not discussions. Very strange that mods let this ride out, but bring the mallet down on less egregious conversation.
So, I have patiently reported all of you who have posted here. Including myself. I suggest you all do the same.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I honestly can't figure out how this topic was even allowed to live. The very title of it is baiting, and serves no purpose other than to start arguments, not discussions. Very strange that mods let this ride out, but bring the mallet down on less egregious conversation.
So, I have patiently reported all of you who have posted here. Including myself. I suggest you all do the same.
True, but then again there hasn't been any shit threads to be entertained by for a LOOOOONG time! And if this is the type of shit that people enjoy, why kill their fun? Let it live its course until it gets out of hand of course ;)

Last edited:

God Confirm

Both of these guys that have been jumping on my case are at a point in their lives where no matter what logical explanations they get, they don't care and stick to what they believe. That's Ok, it's within their rights. I have a 24 year old niece that acted like that when my own brother told her what she had done wrong.

I totally got their point with the $400.00 PC build. I even acknowledged it. They jumped on me for talking about a driver issue that I brought up. Basically said "When did this happen? 15 years ago?", when that literally happened 2 months ago. They tried to discredit what happened to me but whatever.

I was responded to with a "read it and weep" spec list to prove that you could build a gaming rig with $400.00. That list was petty bad for a gaming rig. I had to check him on that. When I reply to you, you get what you give. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what I or anyone else does for a living. It adds credibility but that guy is correct, it does not matter at the end of the day.

What does matter is if you respond to someone with something that may provoke a response that you don't like, don't reply with that response lol! I have to admit, there are some very off the wall responses that I got.

Peace.
MY man you literally said "Also, to get some nicer visuals than the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X, you need to shell out some dough. A good gaming PC is not made for under $500.00 U.S." . When the comparison is to a console, that's factually incorrect. Nobody said it was $2k high end PC, just that it has higher visuals than a console for cheaper, defeating the idiotic point you were trying to make. You then threw the goalposts over to tahiti and made it something about "there's no possible reason someone would want to spend only $400 on a PC capable of playing everything a console does but better and cheaper" and that's when @Sage Leviathan started pointing out how stupid that statement is too. Post some memes or something next time, cause this time you posted literal tech misinformation in a meme thread and got pulled on it, just one time for each statement, and then you took it to the place it's at right now. In here whining that people are jumping all over you, I literally gave my last serious post to you back on page 2, now here you are with literally SIXTEEN MORE POSTS about it still talking about me on page 4 lol ??? Everyone else isn't being the stubborn ones here lol, I genuinely don't get how someone can lack this much self awareness. You keep posting bout us and fuckin PM'ing me too, while I'm just trying to have a friendly old meme off in here. You were wrong, I can understand that can be a difficult pill for a DiReCtOr oF EnGiNeErInG like yourself to swallow, but it's time to let it go

PC MUSTARD RECE

thats PC MUSTARD RICE to you

Please understand that not everyone gives a crap about the above. And as a gamer who's played on both platforms, I can honestly say that consoles also have smooth gameplay, HD Textures, 1080p, and exclusive titles.

Consoles don't have Steam, but they have something PC's likely will never have: a unified online platform. That's actually one of the biggest things consoles have over PC's, yet I find it interesting that no one brings that up often.

God Confirm

@God Confirm You sure have cute memes down, no one's going to disagree on that. Shame they don't actually address anything and typically work against your points.
I've made literally no other point in here than the one I made about building a very capable PC for the price of a console, that's just hardware facts, literally everything else I posted was a meme

What points are you referring to that they work against?

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
MY man you literally said "Also, to get some nicer visuals than the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X, you need to shell out some dough. A good gaming PC is not made for under $500.00 U.S." . When the comparison is to a console, that's factually incorrect. Nobody said it was $2k high end PC, just that it has higher visuals than a console for cheaper, defeating the idiotic point you were trying to make. You then threw the goalposts over to tahiti and made it something about "there's no possible reason someone would want to spend only $400 on a PC capable of playing everything a console does but better and cheaper" and that's when @Sage Leviathan started pointing out how stupid that statement is too. Post some memes or something next time, cause this time you posted literal tech misinformation in a meme thread and got pulled on it, just one time for each statement, and then you took it to the place it's at right now. In here whining that people are jumping all over you, I literally gave my last serious post to you back on page 2, now here you are with literally SIXTEEN MORE POSTS about it still talking about me on page 4 lol ??? Everyone else isn't being the stubborn ones here lol, I genuinely don't get how someone can lack this much self awareness. You keep posting bout us and fuckin PM'ing me too, while I'm just trying to have a friendly old meme off in here. You were wrong, I can understand that can be a difficult pill for a DiReCtOr oF EnGiNeErInG like yourself to swallow, but it's time to let it go

thats PC MUSTARD RICE to you

I pm'ed you because I was literally trying to be cool with you. I tried to sqaure things up. What did you do? Accused me of threatening you and continue to carry on like you don't have any damn sense. Whatever, man. Just look at the stuff you're writing. If you can't carry on an adult conversion with someone who was clearly trying to make things right, that's on you and will be a life lesson for you to learn someday. I'm done. Don't quote me anymore on this thread. I'll give you the same respect so I won't quote you either.

Learn to recognize when someone is trying to make things right.

For the record, those videos that I posted, the ones you didn't watch, actually proved me right.

Last edited:

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
My apologies to everyone for derailing This thread. I did not see that it was supposed to be about memes. It will never happen again.

God Confirm

I pm'ed you because I was literally trying to be cool with you. I tried to sqaure things up. What did you do? Accused me of threatening you and continue to carry on like you don't have any damn sense. Whatever, man. Just look at the stuff you're writing. If you can't carry on an adult conversion with someone who was clearly trying to make things right, that's on you and will be a life lesson for you to learn someday. I'm done. Don't quote me anymore on this thread. I'll give you the same respect so I won't quote you either.

Learn to recognize when someone is trying to make things right.
why do you need to square up anything lol? you posted tech knowledge that was wrong and got corrected. It's really not that serious. you wanted to live chat with me over it lol you care wayyy too much bout this, let's Keep It Moving brother, thanks for the life lessons, hopefully one day I'll get to be a director of engineering too

God Confirm

My apologies to everyone for derailing This thread. I did not see that it was supposed to be about memes. It will never happen again.
thats ok man you can make it for it by posting 1 meme for each shitpost you made so far