What's new

The Green Will Humble You - Swamp Thing Combo Thread

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
Current one meter combo i have been using on hit confirm: F23xxDB3,F2xxDB3,B23xxDF2,3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
Current one meter combo i have been using on hit confirm: F23xxDB3,F2xxDB3,B23xxDF2,3

I have also been using the end of this combo after a meterburn F3, and meaty D2.

I'm looking to pick up Swamp Thing. But one thing I've noticed is that his meterless combos are hard to connect consistently. I understand that its a timing thing. But it seems like we're working with 1 frame links here.

B223, F23 Has to be a 1 or 2 frame link. Extremely hard to pull off consistently, and almost not worth it.

F233, F23 Is definitely a 1 frame link. Hell, it feels even more strict than that. This is borderline impossible.

Are these really is best meterless BnB combo starters? If so then I'm really disappointed.

Also heres my take at the cambo videos stuff

@Bad Genez maybe get back in the thread and update the freakin op!!!!!!!!

bnb meterless

anti air 11, upvine
b12/f23/21/b232 log
b223, upvine
b223, f23, clone, 11, vinethrow (tight link, don't work on females)
f233, f23, clone, 11, vinethrow (tight link, don't work on females)
b12/f23/21/b232 clone(reset)
b3, j3(deep), f23, clone, 1, greenthumb 3
f3, f23, 11, vinegrab
(corner only)
f233, d2, clone, 11 vine
b223 clone, 1, 11, thumb or vine

bnb metered

d1 ex tree, f23 clone, 1 thumb 3
b12/f23/21/b232, ex bayou, f23, 11, close vine
b223 ex bayou, f23 clone, 1, thumb 3
b223, ex bayou, b3, j2, f23 clone 1 thumb 3 (practically impossible)
(corner)
b11/b232/21, ex tree, 1 clone, 11 vine

CORNER TRAIT GUARANTEE

b12/f23/21/b232 ex tree, d2, b2 trait, covers both sides.
Also heres my take at the cambo videos stuff

@Bad Genez maybe get back in the thread and update the freakin op!!!!!!!!

bnb meterless

anti air 11, upvine
b12/f23/21/b232 log
b223, upvine
b223, f23, clone, 11, vinethrow (tight link, don't work on females)
f233, f23, clone, 11, vinethrow (tight link, don't work on females)
b12/f23/21/b232 clone(reset)
b3, j3(deep), f23, clone, 1, greenthumb 3
f3, f23, 11, vinegrab
(corner only)
f233, d2, clone, 11 vine
b223 clone, 1, 11, thumb or vine

bnb metered

d1 ex tree, f23 clone, 1 thumb 3
b12/f23/21/b232, ex bayou, f23, 11, close vine
b223 ex bayou, f23 clone, 1, thumb 3
b223, ex bayou, b3, j2, f23 clone 1 thumb 3 (practically impossible)
(corner)
b11/b232/21, ex tree, 1 clone, 11 vine

CORNER TRAIT GUARANTEE

b12/f23/21/b232 ex tree, d2, b2 trait, covers both sides.
That corner trait guarantee is exactly what I've been looking for but hadn't figured out yet. Nice find. I will be using that a lot I think.

Does B223, F23 and F233, F23 not work on female hitboxes?

Edit:

Just read through the thread. Yeah, this kinda sucks. Maybe NRS will make his BnBs easier in a patch? I mean, they don't have to be potato. But at least add like 5 frames to make them more possible online. I'm still gonna study and learn ST. But I really hope he gets some love soon

Last edited:

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's

Edit:

Just read through the thread. Yeah, this kinda sucks. Maybe NRS will make his BnBs easier in a patch? I mean, they don't have to be potato. But at least add like 5 frames to make them more possible online. I'm still gonna study and learn ST. But I really hope he gets some love soon
Yeah.... he's really not going to be viable until they do

Yeah.... he's really not going to be viable until they do
I'm still gonna use him for a while Though. I've only spent a few minutes here and with him in the lab testing shit. He definitely has some issues. Maybe not major issues. But a few things that I'd like to see addressed. Like making his D1 7 frames. I dunno. We'll see what happens.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter

Edit:

They do not work on females.

Its my only real gripe with i2 right now I guess. sf5 with the 3f buffer effectively killed the concept of the 1f link. Then i2 comes out and boom two of the characters I wanna try, swampers and wonder woman have em in main BnB combos(ok ww might be 2f actually though).

They do not work on females.

Its my only real gripe with i2 right now I guess. sf5 with the 3f buffer effectively killed the concept of the 1f link. Then i2 comes out and boom two of the characters I wanna try, swampers and wonder woman have em in main BnB combos(ok ww might be 2f actually though).
Eh, I mean honestly, if the combo worked on both males and females AND was a 1-2 frame link, I think I might have been okay with it. I dunno. It just pisses me off that it's a hard combo for not much reward and it only works with part of the cast. It just seems shitty to me. Hopefully they'll address it in a patch.

I'm gonna use Swamp Thing for a month. Sorta like a 30 day trial. See where all his errors are and what could be improved. After those 30 days I'll make a detailed thread discussing everything. Even go as far as possible nerfs to go along with said buffs. I just hope I don't hate the character by then, as well as the game if NRS decides to overlook any of his glaring flaws by the time Inj2 does get a balance patch.

Hey guys, is there any way to land B223, F23 etc. consistently?
Maybe it`s because I`m training vs P.Ivy, but the F23 part after the B223 starter is very difficult to land with a very specific timing.
Thanks

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I really hope NRS patches swamp to make the combo windows larger for his bnbs. It feels like a one frame link and it is extremely discouraging
While I see your point

Combing off a just frame in a Bnb is a legit thing and can be done consistently, the shitty part is it's hurtbox dependent

Anyone wanna help optimize this? You can get a B3 off of B223~BF3*MB. This can lead to big damage. But it only works on males and a few females and is a 1 frame link.

I'm testing something like this:

B223~BF3*MB, B3, JI2, F23~DB3, D1~DF2

I was able to get the D1 to connect once. But I forget to do DB2 and never got to see the possible damage. This combo is hard. But so is a lot of swamp's good BnBs.

Ant perez

PerezGomez
Anyone wanna help optimize this? You can get a B3 off of B223~BF3*MB. This can lead to big damage. But it only works on males and a few females and is a 1 frame link.

I'm testing something like this:

B223~BF3*MB, B3, JI2, F23~DB3, D1~DF2

I was able to get the D1 to connect once. But I forget to do DB2 and never got to see the possible damage. This combo is hard. But so is a lot of swamp's good BnBs.
The command grab whiffs after the d1 man,doesn't seem possible

What I could get consistently was b223xExbf3,b3,ji2,f23xcommand grab for about 383.69 damage
That's kinda disappointing honestly. For such a tight link the damage should be a little higher. Maybe there's something more optimal. I'll keep labbing. Thanks.

So far ive gotten good meterless and consistant with b223 f23 xx db3 11 close vine grab. 353 damage. Still labbing!

Also notice d3 is 2 hits and u can cancel it!

Not consistent on all characters
Apparently Robin has a small hitbox. Was labbing and decided to check Robin out. None of Swamp's 1 frame link BnBs connect.

Please NRS. I don't care if Swamp's optimal BnBs revolve around 1 frame links. Just make them work on the whole cast. And buff his combo damage by 5%. It's rediculous how much resources and execution is required for average damage as best.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Sorry this version of Swamp Thing just isn't worth maining. I'm messing with Cheetah atm. Hopefully Swampy gets some adjustments to make him better. For now I'm putting him on the back burner as a side character.

Apparently Robin has a small hitbox. Was labbing and decided to check Robin out. None of Swamp's 1 frame link BnBs connect.

Please NRS. I don't care if Swamp's optimal BnBs revolve around 1 frame links. Just make them work on the whole cast. And buff his combo damage by 5%. It's rediculous how much resources and execution is required for average damage as best.
His damage isnt bad for the tools he has. You just have to rely on meter. One bar gets me at least 320 or more damage

None of Swamp's 1FLs work on Cyborg. Yeah, I think I'm done with this character. FFS NRS! I mean really?! Who the fuck designed this character?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
None of Swamp's 1FLs work on Cyborg. Yeah, I think I'm done with this character. FFS NRS! I mean really?! Who the fuck designed this character?
1FLs??

but jesus 2 people declaring they distancing themselves from swampy within hour of eachother in a combo thread, were going to be inj1 bane/flash in a few months by the looks of it haha

on the designed thing, i thought it bit of red flag that guy was showing him was like "ok guys swamp thing is build around side switching" was like thats his "gimmick" something 99% of character in any fighting game can do. sounds broke :/

im not a comic book guy but swamp thing is only dc char i actually have affection for so im not going anywhere anytime soon :)