What's new

The Green Will Humble You - Swamp Thing Combo Thread

FrogFGC

Lover of Large Fists
Haven't seen anyone mention it so far, but you can actually hit a B3 after B2,2,3 into EX B3. I think this is probably optimal damage if it is reliable. I couldn't hit it consistently at all, but maybe someone better than me can.
Are you sure? Like this must be a 1 frame link because I am nowhere even near hitting it? Got a clip?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Are you sure? Like this must be a 1 frame link because I am nowhere even near hitting it? Got a clip?
I really doubt its possible, its already prohibitively hard to get f2 after b223 and b3 is 19 frames longer.

If f2 after b223 was a 20 frame link, it would be party town.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
yep with the ex bf3 it totally works just did it myself

*ed*

just like all swamp thing stuff its more difficult than it needs to be though.

As you can see when I finally hit it I was so surprised I dropped the rest of the combo, but it can be done. It's just not one I will be using as a bnb unless they make it easier.

Swoops

Noob
^^ definitely worth learning. This damage feels ridiculous for one bar. Good find.

B223xxbf3 MB, B3, ji3, 11 xxdf1 621 damage

It feels like you may be able to get trait after the b3 and still combo after. Working on it now

D. R.

Noob
^^ definitely worth learning. This damage feels ridiculous for one bar. Good find.

B223xxbf3 MB, B3, ji3, 11 xxdf1 621 damage

It feels like you may be able to get trait after the b3 and still combo after. Working on it now
Try working on having COMPETITIVE MODE on first...

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Is it just me or is the timing for all Swamp Thing's BnBs incredibly awkward? Like, I'm trying to basic shit like B+2,2,3, F+2,3xxBF+3 and this feels like it should be really easy. The timing just seems unreasonably tight compared to other characters basic BnBs.

It sucks that no one seems to be playing this character. I haven't faced one yet in the 150 or so matches I've played online so far.

Is it just me or is the timing for all Swamp Thing's BnBs incredibly awkward? Like, I'm trying to basic shit like B+2,2,3, F+2,3xxBF+3 and this feels like it should be really easy. The timing just seems unreasonably tight compared to other characters basic BnBs.

It sucks that no one seems to be playing this character. I haven't faced one yet in the 150 or so matches I've played online so far.
The timing of that string is ultra tight, I don't even really go for it.

I usually go for, B+2,2,3 xx BF3 MB, D2 xx DB3, F2+3 xx Vine or Log.

FrogFGC

Lover of Large Fists
The BnB's that I find myself going for seem to be (all damage is on superman in comp):

F223, F23 xx DB3, 11 xx DF1 B (370.03) - Yes its a mad tight link but after you get the feel it's not that hard (I equiped a nice bright colour on the mace so I can use visual cues).

F223, F23 xx BF3 MB, D2 DB3, 11 xx DF1 B (373.32)

B12 xx BF3 MB, F23 xx DB3, 11 DF1 B (380.33)

F23 xx DF3 MB, F23 xx DB3, 11 xx DF1 B (392.23)

11 xx DF3 MB, F23 xx DB3, 11 xx DF1 B (368.99)

B232 xx DF3 MB, F23 xx DB3, 11 xx DF1 B (384.54)

Also been trying the B223 xx BF3 MB, B3, JI3, 11 xx DF1 B (406.17)

This character is by far one of the clunkiest I've played in the game

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Has anyone been able to hit F223, F23 on supergirl? Seems like it whiffs on some females.

Last edited:

D. R.

Noob
ST b3 MB at the wall is pretty damn good for wake up happy opponents who do not want to be about his trait set ups. The combo I do is as follows (against Dr. Fate):

b3 MB, clone, f21xxclone, 1xxdf2~2 = 478.70 if untouched, 409.44 if armor ticked.

Add in trait damage with it and the damage goes up by about 15-20 points.

It's also +2 so if they block you can 11 check from a fairly safe distance.

It's something.

D. R.

Noob
Nice! I've just been doing mbf3 but this is infantly more swaggy!
I was using MB f3 for advancing wake ups but I now prefer this in virtually every situation since it's +2 and puts him at optimal range on block. For advancing wake ups just leave out the first clone. Everything else stays the same.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero

Yeah same with Scarecrow. but good to know that you haven't seen a swamp thing, makes me want to learn him even more.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I guess f233 and b223 into f223 don't work on females yeah. I am trying on harley and I can't get it to hit at all.

I wish those stupid combos didn't exist and then I could just play swampy in peace. But the way my brain is wired knowing its there and im too shitty to do it consistently drives me off :(

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So I didn't see it mentioned, but b.22xd.f.1.b on block is uber stupid good.

Cn't be jumped out of, cant be ducked, but it can be armored (