What's new

THE GREAT DEBATE! MARVEL VS DC! WHO WILL WIN?!?!

Who Will Win?

• Total voters

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Sure. But look at the dual causality here. The MCU took off because they had more than one team that was well known, and thus made their multiple teams more well-known. DC has had it's cinematic universe really struggle to take off--but they also only have 1 team they would ever consider putting on-screen. X-Men and Fantastic 4 came out WAY before Avengers.

Marvel is simply much less decentralized. DC revolves around JL. When you're diversified, you can have varying powers and even it out. When you've only got one money-maker and you do the same thing with them for 75 years and keep retconning the same shit.... they're gonna get overpowered and stale. That's all.
Word. I do think a Justice Society or Teen Titans flick or something could take off if DC tried. Hourman's getting a TV show, that's a start.

And then you basically have an opinion with no basis in fact. If you're going to debate something against someone, you can't debate an opinion. You can have one, you can't debate one. You need some basis to hold ground on, otherwise you'll just be spitting words. As far as OBD goes, yes a majority of them aren't good just like anything, however there is no denying their database is the most complete storage of calcs and feats.
Look, dude. You really misunderstand my main point - it isn't that we shouldn't debate. It is that in some cases there aren't enough basis in fact in the story itself. And when people clash some characters with OP powersets they start to talk about it like they know for sure what reality warping is and how it is compared to moving faster than the speed of light. We haven't seen it in a story. If we base our statement on logic - moving faster than the speed of light from the physics stand point means your breach the fabric of spacetime, and probably oblitarate the universe around you. And that is just a theory too, just the most accepted one by the physics of the world. And even the smartest of physics don't go around claiming that there theory is the only true one. Because they understand that for a human being this things are like a TV for a fly. That is a reason why I called superpowers like moving a planet for a being the size of a human an outlier in that case. It just won't work in a real world. If superman tried that he would just push through a planet - and he would have the density of a black hole which means his presents alone would destroy our galaxy. This things are adjusted in the story so that it kind of make sense the same way powersets of OP characters are adjusted for them to effectively interact with not so OP characters.
This debates are created for fun. One thing is when people don't know shit about comic book characters in a discussion and say ridiculous things because they just don't know. And we can say for sure that Superman would kick Batmans ass before Batman would even start thinking about a plan for their fight. But there more complicated cases. I at least know most of the DC and Marvel stuff. And when I see people saying than one omnipotent being beats another I go like "WTF dude, how can it be determined???" Omnipotent means can do anything. There can't even be two omnipotent beings according to logic - because it would create a paradox if the actions of two omnipotent beings contredict each other (which a battle between them would essentially mean).
OBD does have the best storage for feats. And that is a good thing because it shows what character has actually done in the story according to authors (although even feats may contradict each other depending on the author of the story). But I personally do not agree with some conclusions people there come to based on these feats. And sometimes these doubtful conclusions would later be represented as facts and that just stupid.
Again this debates are just fun. But when you shove you opinion down peoples throats it isn't fun anymore. And if on top of that you can never be 100% sure about some "facts" - you come off sounding like a nerdy person lacking social skills refusing to see something that is outside of your point of view.
I just realized that I have spent too much time on this stupid thread...

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Not really, I mean yeah I'm arguing with Doombawkz kinda, but on the thing I replied you on I was more curious as to why you thought that. I think DC is more mainstream just because... well.. Batman and Superman are more iconic than anything Marvel has, and they kinda build a lot of their stuff around it. I'd say Marvel takes more risks and sometimes pulls out some incredible books about lesser known characters, but then they get some duds as well.

I've been reading both forever and definitely can't pick between the two.
Stan Lee

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Wait so how is be saying that Batman get's shitted on bias? Do you even know what the word means? Just because I said he isn't the best, means that I have a bias against Batman now? What're you talking about exactly? And like I said he barely makes top 10. I didn't say he wasn't on it. And Batman is a human, he isn't powerful as the other heroes. That's why he needs his gadgets, prep-time, and intellect. He doesn't need to be as powerful as the other heroes, to get the job done. That's what makes him, him. He's a human, "normal", person going up against people that would bop him easily.

You sound like one of those Batman fans that get offended whenever someone disagrees with your opinion of him, and you automatically call them a Batman hater, or bias for some reason. What's the point in that?

In no order.

Karate Kid
Richard Dragon
Lady Shiva
Sensei(Better at hand to hand but has no endurance)
Constantine Drakon
Batman One Million(*Since he's strong as fuck he's an ehh)
Cassandra Cain
Deathstroke
lol, you sound like you were crying in your first paragraph. I read that in a traumatic voice.

First of all, I can tell you have no idea what the hell you're talking about when you say

"Batman is just a human"

Batman is beyond peak human.

Each side weighs 500 lbs, making this lifting feat 1,000 lbs. The world record in weight lifting is just over 1k, and they required a harness to meet that. The world record without the harness is around 700 lbs. Batman is lifting 1,000 lbs without a harness.

So, yeah, Batman is beyond peak human. Sorry to ruin your idea of that you actually fit in a comic book discussion.

You got fools like doombawks trying to downplay villains without even knowing major events in DC history. Theres too many amateurs in this thread. You need to read more books if you think Batman gets "bopped" easily"

As for naming Lady Shiva to Deathstroke, I never said Batman can beat them. Batman isn't the best fighter, just one of the best. I was mentioning to the noob doombawks that Batman doesn't fight weak villains all the time. You naming those villains proves nothing.

Batman has won two times IIRC against Slade Wilson. One Batman KO'ed Slade with the but of a rifle as Slade had his sword. The second Batman used a surprise attack and kicked Slade out via a surprise kick and tied him up. Other street level characters like Nightwing have done very well but Slade usually gets the advantage on them. Even in there first fight where Slade won. Slade was hurt very bad afterwards. In a rematch, Slade will win easier but it's not even a stoppage.

Everyone losses in comics, even Superman. Lady Shiva is known as the best but she lost to her daughter, David Cain, Richard Dragon and even Tim Drake. When you say Bruce Wayne "gets bopped" easily, you just sound like a straight up dumbass.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
And then you basically have an opinion with no basis in fact. If you're going to debate something against someone, you can't debate an opinion. You can have one, you can't debate one. You need some basis to hold ground on, otherwise you'll just be spitting words. As far as OBD goes, yes a majority of them aren't good just like anything, however there is no denying their database is the most complete storage of calcs and feats.

lol....yo kid, please spare us and share these based comic books facts that we lack right now. I've been waiting for you to talk to me about Infinity Crisis.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
lol, you sound like you were crying in your first paragraph. I read that in a traumatic voice.

First of all, I can tell you have no idea what the hell you're talking about when you say

"Batman is just a human"

Each side weighs 500 lbs, making this lifting feat 1,000 lbs. The world record in weight lifting is just over 1k, and they required a harness to meet that. The world record without the harness is around 700 lbs. Batman is lifting 1,000 lbs without a harness.

So, yeah, Batman is beyond peak human. Sorry to ruin your idea of that you actually fit in a comic book discussion.

You got fools like doombawks trying to downplay villains without even knowing major events in DC history. Theres too many amateurs in this thread. You need to read more books if you think Batman gets "bopped" easily"

As for naming Lady Shiva to Deathstroke, I never said Batman can beat them. Batman isn't the best fighter, just one of the best. I was mentioning to the noob doombawks that Batman doesn't fight weak villains all the time. You naming those villains proves nothing.

Batman has won two times IIRC against Slade Wilson. One Batman KO'ed Slade with the but of a rifle as Slade had his sword. The second Batman used a surprise attack and kicked Slade out via a surprise kick and tied him up. Other street level characters like Nightwing have done very well but Slade usually gets the advantage on them. Even in there first fight where Slade won. Slade was hurt very bad afterwards. In a rematch, Slade will win easier but it's not even a stoppage.

Everyone losses in comics, even Superman. Lady Shiva is known as the best but she lost to her daughter, David Cain, Richard Dragon and even Tim Drake. When you say Bruce Wayne "gets bopped" easily, you just sound like a straight up dumbass.
Wow you sound really foolish.
Is batman a meta human? No. Does he have powers? No. Or is he a person that trained a lot and became strong? Yes he is. So what is he? A Human. If you didn't read what I posted, I compared him to the rest of the league, and the villains they face. In front of them he is just a human. Get your head out of you ass. I read both DC and Marvel. I know what batman can do, and I can objectively compare him to the rest of the comic book characters out there and not suck his dick like you.

Like I said, in case you don't know how to pay attention or comprehend what I am saying. Compared to the other heroes Batman is just a normal human. That's why he has to make up with it with his intelligence, detective skills, gadgets and prep time.

Stop sucking his dick.

Didn't you say name 10 fighters better than him when I said he was only barely top 10? So that's what I did. So it does prove my point that he's barely top 10 DC fighter.

Does that mean he is ass? No. But there are people that are better than him.

Get off your damn high horse..

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

"Batman is just a human"

I hate how they're allowed to write into the comics that batman can bench 1000 raw... Wtf lol

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
If this were a realistic scenario, the core fight would be: The Avengers vs. The Justice League. Chips fall where they may as new combatants arrive on scene. What happens up until one side overpowers the other?
Someone write a script for this..

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Wow you sound really foolish.
Is batman a meta human? No. Does he have powers? No. Or is he a person that trained a lot and became strong? Yes he is. So what is he? A Human. If you didn't read what I posted, I compared him to the rest of the league, and the villains they face. In front of them he is just a human. Get your head out of you ass. I read both DC and Marvel. I know what batman can do, and I can objectively compare him to the rest of the comic book characters out there and not suck his dick like you.

Like I said, in case you don't know how to pay attention or comprehend what I am saying. Compared to the other heroes Batman is just a normal human. That's why he has to make up with it with his intelligence, detective skills, gadgets and prep time.

Stop sucking his dick.

Didn't you say name 10 fighters better than him when I said he was only barely top 10? So that's what I did. So it does prove my point that he's barely top 10 DC fighter.

Does that mean he is ass? No. But there are people that are better than him.

Get off your damn high horse..
I'll keep it simple for you.

Batman doesn't have to be a meta-human to reach peak levels.
In front of the JL and villains, Batman isn't just a human; he has too much will power to be that simple to them.
If he was just a human, why does he command such respect amongst meta humans and the most powerful beings in the DCUO? Is that really a hard question to answer?

You read DC/Marvel, but you're not good at reading, so it doesn't count.
Telling yourself you know what Batman can do actually doesn't make you know what Batman can do. You're kinda falling into a trap here now. I'm just reading along as you post more non-sense.

Anytime you start a sentence with "Like I said", you have nothing new to present to the argument. Stumped, thus forcing yourself to recycle to what point was beaten and proven wrong. This is almost too sad to read.

Let me help you.

This started because of this statement:

Theres a reason he fights mostly other humans.
- Doom on Batman

in response -
Yea, because Bruce Wayne never fought Deathstroke, Darkseid, Clayface, Killer Croc, Captain America, Guy Garner (GL), Nero (Yellow Lantern), Slade Wilson on venom, Starman, Atomic Skull, Wonder Woman, Supes, Supergirl, most of the Justice League, robot drones, demons, vampires....Batman only fights humans, right numbnuts? Batman has defeated Lady Shiva, Deathstroke, David Cain, Deadshot, Sensei...and many meta humans. Go read a book kid.
Then you replied:

Those people are not meta humans.

This whole thing is essentially based of bawks claiming Batman only fights humans and you backing up his statement by saying the Meta-Humans Batman has fought aren't metas.

Now you're changing the argument to who Batman can beat, with not much of a strong base for the argument either.
Seems like you're time here is finished.

Maybe you should take Khaotic's advice

@kivatt a lot of your posts sounds very biased, and when people actually give facts, you insult them. Calm down man. Its just a friendly debate.
This isn't something your good at and you enjoy doing since you're frustrating yourself.
Peace.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I hate how they're allowed to write into the comics that batman can bench 1000 raw... Wtf lol
Doombawkz was here earlier trying to explain physics with comics, this poor dude is so new to comics that he doesn't realize comics doesn't give a uck about phyiscs lol

That's why we read these wild books man, to take us away from reality.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I'll keep it simple for you.

Batman doesn't have to be a meta-human to reach peak levels.
In front of the JL and villains, Batman isn't just a human; he has too much will power to be that simple to them.
If he was just a human, why does he command such respect amongst meta humans and the most powerful beings in the DCUO? Is that really a hard question to answer?

You read DC/Marvel, but you're not good at reading, so it doesn't count.
Telling yourself you know what Batman can do actually doesn't make you know what Batman can do. You're kinda falling into a trap here now. I'm just reading along as you post more non-sense.

Anytime you start a sentence with "Like I said", you have nothing new to present to the argument. Stumped, thus forcing yourself to recycle to what point was beaten and proven wrong. This is almost too sad to read.

Let me help you.

This started because of this statement:

- Doom on Batman

in response -

Then you replied:

This whole thing is essentially based of bawks claiming Batman only fights humans and you backing up his statement by saying the Meta-Humans Batman has fought aren't metas.

Now you're changing the argument to who Batman can beat, with not much of a strong base for the argument either.
Seems like you're time here is finished.

Maybe you should take Khaotic's advice

This isn't something your good at and you enjoy doing since you're frustrating yourself.
Peace.
Did I said Batman has to be a Meta-Human to reach peak levels? Where did you get that from? In case you don't understand, which you obviously can't, me bringing up the fact that he does not have powers, and nothing special about him in comparison to the rest of the league, and heroes/villains in DC means he is just a human. Compared to other humans, he by far above them. Yes, he can do things that the other humans cannot, most of which seem to be impossible, but compared to the likes of Superman, The Flash, Wonder Wonder, etc, he is just a human. Stack them up side by side, and compare them to one another, and plain for everyone to see. That's why he has to train more, and make up with his different skills set. Is that so hard for you to understand? Because I can't dumb it down even more for you.

The only reason why he demands, and gets so much respect is because he is just a human. A human doing things that humans should not be able to do. Which, in the eyes of Superman, and every other hero is deserving of so much respect. If he was any other super-powered person doing the same shit he does, he would not get as much respect.

You're saying that I should take Khaotic's advise, but aren't you being disrespectful. By saying someone is not good as reading, is that not insulting their comprehension skills, or am I just wrong? Stop acting like a hypocrite, and get off your high horse.

By saying "Like I said", does not mean you have stumped my argument. I am reiterating myself, because there is something you are obviously not understanding. Either you just don't get it, or you just don't want to get it because you're so single minded that you want to see something only from your point of view. I am re-stating a point that you have yet to prove wrong.

You obviously are too stuck on Batman's dick to follow basic reasoning. So I'm done with you, dismiss yourself.

Last edited:

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Did I said Batman has to be a Meta-Human to reach peak levels? Where did you get that from? In case you don't understand, which you obviously can't, me bringing up the fact that he does not have powers, and nothing special about him in comparison to the rest of the league, and heroes/villains in DC means he is just a human. Compared to other humans, he by far above them. Yes, he can do things that the other humans cannot, most of which seem to be impossible, but compared to the likes of Superman, The Flash, Wonder Wonder, etc, he is just a human. Stack them up side by side, and compare them to one another, and plain for everyone to see. That's why he has to train more, and make up with his different skills set. Is that so hard for you to understand? Because I can't dumb it down even more for you.

The only reason why he demands, and gets so much respect is because he is just a human. A human doing things that humans should not be able to do. Which, in the eyes of Superman, and every other hero is deserving of so much respect. If he was any other super-powered person doing the same shit he does, he would not get as much respect.

You're saying that I should take Khaotic's advise, but aren't you being disrespectful. By saying someone is not good as reading, is that not insulting their comprehension skills, or am I just wrong? Stop acting like a hypocrite, and get off your high horse.

By saying "Like I said", does not mean you have stumped my argument. I am reiterating myself, because there is something you are obviously not understanding. Either you just don't get it, or you just don't want to get it because you're so single minded that you want to see something only from your point of view. I am re-stating a point that you have yet to prove wrong.

You obviously are too stuck on Batman's dick to follow basic reasoning. So I'm done with you, dismiss yourself.