What's new

THE GREAT DEBATE! MARVEL VS DC! WHO WILL WIN?!?!

Who Will Win?

• Total voters

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I think we should leave out all of the "god" characters like Galactus, Living Tribunal, Specter, etc. At the very least, we should probably have this discussion in tiers, such as God, Galactic, World, and Local power levels. Any discussion about comics is going to get out of hand pretty quickly, but that should at least make things more manageable.
So basically Every DC is out then since most of them have God Level Powers. Example being the Flash who apparently can never be beat.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I think we should leave out all of the "god" characters like Galactus, Living Tribunal, Specter, etc. At the very least, we should probably have this discussion in tiers, such as God, Galactic, World, and Local power levels. Any discussion about comics is going to get out of hand pretty quickly, but that should at least make things more manageable.
I always like to limit it to "people with their own comic book series".

Galactus isn't a god. I mean I know what are you saying in terms of living tribunal, death and etc but characters like

Dorm, Galactus, Herald surfer, SS Strange, Thor, Odin, Black Bolt, Franklin Richard, Destroyer, Thanos and etc are all fair game. They aren't like concepts such as the one above all or the living tribunal or death.

Like Odin or King Thor would just shit on Superman 99% of the time. (mainly because Superman is weak against magic but its not like they couldn't take him on in a 1v1).

Indecisive

Galactus isn't a god. I mean I know what are you saying in terms of living tribunal, death and etc but characters like

Dorm, Galactus, Herald surfer, SS Strange, Thor, Odin, Black Bolt, Franklin Richard, Destroyer, Thanos and etc are all fair game. They aren't like concepts such as the one above all or the living tribunal or death.

Like Odin or King Thor would just shit on Superman 99% of the time. (mainly because Superman is weak against magic but its not like they couldn't take him on in a 1v1).
We got this guy over here. Bringing up Franklin Richard. :DOGE

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Actually no. DC other teams are very successful and popular. Justice Society, Teen Titans, Outsiders, Legion of Superheroes are really popular.

The only time things get really broken in DC is mainly during events. Where the threats that they face are on a universe scale. Where they have to showcase them being stronger.

What people don't get is that DC has 75 years under its belt so of course things will get broken. But that's when you don't look at the character themselves and read their books. A prime example is superman, many people find him before,and I bet they don't read his books because they deal with the man that's behind the cape. And that's what makes him more important. You're looking at them as a group, but don't acknowledge their individual worth. And all of them are very different, yeah they have the same powers, but the characters who have been shown to be powerful, have always been stated as that.

You do know that only really 4 justice league members are strong as hell right?

And Marvel has just ask much broken characters, who have gotten ridiculous for no reason, and characters who are threats. Gladiator, Thanos,Skrulls, Captain Britain, Black Bolt, Thane, a large amount of mutants, Dr. Doom. Dr. Strange , Doctor Voodoo, Jean Grey, Gambit at full power, Captain Universe, Franklin Richards , Nightmask, Sunspot, Hyperion, Nate Grey.

And guardians is not that popular. Let's be serious here.
Nope. 100% nope. You think the Skrulls, Captain Britain, Dr. Doom, Dr. Voodoo, or Sunspot is on the same level as Superman, Wonderwoman, or Flash? Are you serious? The others are arguable, but really only in one-shot situations. Not "Oh yeah Flash has been basically doing whatever he wants in comics for 70+ years" levels of power.

As for team popularity, Justice Society is essentially a revolving roster of off-team JLA members. It would be like comparing the X-Men to X-Force or X-Factor--the rosters are often interchangeable. Teen Titans is essentially JL Lite. Outsiders and Legion of Superheroes POPULAR? Are you kidding me? Sure they're cool teams, but if you asked anyone who isn't a die-hard DC fan who these teams are 99% you'd get a blank stare. The only team the average person knows in DC is Justice League. Hell, even my mom can name 4 Marvel teams. It's not a contest as to who has better teams, I'm simply showing why DC heroes are so powerful--b/c they only have one well-known team, one-team who saves the universe, one-team they'd even think about making a movie based on. Guardians aren't popular? Tell that to everyone excited to see them in August. They're not HUGELY popular, but popular enough to risk a movie.

Try to argue objectively. Sure Marvel has broken characters, of course they do. But their identities aren't nearly as overlapping, confusing, or unnecessarily overpowered as DC. Certain characters may become super powerful in a "What If" situation or someone might find a weapon or a cosmic whatever. It's never "Well, we need the Human Torch to be this powerful... so he's basically the emboiment of the idea of heat... for the universe" like DC does time and time again.

I get it, you saw stuff I said and disagreed with me, but you completely missed my point. I wasn't writing a popularity contest for teams or "Which iz kewler DC or Mahvel??!?!?!" You just sound like a DC fanboy who didn't like that I called a lot of DC characters "unpopular"--which, if you look past JL... a lot of them are. Why should they be popular? DC has all it needs by pumping their small handful of flagship characters. No one else really matters unless you're asking die-hard comic fans.

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
They are not. Also there have been a lot of people on the FF. Such as She Hulk and Spider Man.
The 6 Members of the Fantastic Four!

And yeah, Marvel has stupid shit as well. Dr. Doom is my example, he's a tech master, knows lots of magicks and has an army of robots equally as powerful as him. Fuck really?

And I'm only 5 issues in on Superior Spiderman, and Peter's not technically dead from what I saw

#FuckFantasticFour

Indecisive

Nope. 100% nope. You think the Skrulls, Captain Britain, Dr. Doom, Dr. Voodoo, or Sunspot is on the same level as Superman, Wonderwoman, or Flash? Are you serious? The others are arguable, but really only in one-shot situations. Not "Oh yeah Flash has been basically doing whatever he wants in comics for 70+ years" levels of power.

As for team popularity, Justice Society is essentially a revolving roster of off-team JLA members. It would be like comparing the X-Men to X-Force or X-Factor--the rosters are often interchangeable. Teen Titans is essentially JL Lite. Outsiders and Legion of Superheroes POPULAR? Are you kidding me? Sure they're cool teams, but if you asked anyone who isn't a die-hard DC fan who these teams are 99% you'd get a blank stare. The only team the average person knows in DC is Justice League. Hell, even my mom can name 4 Marvel teams. It's not a contest as to who has better teams, I'm simply showing why DC heroes are so powerful--b/c they only have one well-known team, one-team who saves the universe, one-team they'd even think about making a movie based on. Guardians aren't popular? Tell that to everyone excited to see them in August.

Try to argue objectively. Sure Marvel has broken characters, of course they do. But their identities aren't nearly as overlapping, confusing, or unnecessarily overpowered as DC. Certain characters may become super powerful in a "What If" situation or someone might find a weapon or a cosmic whatever. It's never "Well, we need the Human Torch to be this powerful... so he's basically the emboiment of the idea of heat... for the universe" like DC does time and time again.

I get it, you saw stuff I said and disagreed with me, but you completely missed my point. I wasn't writing a popularity contest for teams or "Which iz kewler DC or Mahvel??!?!?!" You just sound like a DC fanboy who didn't like that I called a lot of DC characters "unpopular"--which, if you look past JL... a lot of them are. Why should they be popular? DC has all it needs by pumping their small handful of flagship characters. No one else really matters unless you're asking die-hard comic fans.
I actually had to look up the teams he mentioned. And have never heard of them ever. Blank Stare.

Indecisive

The 6 Members of the Fantastic Four!

And yeah, Marvel has stupid shit as well. Dr. Doom is my example, he's a tech master, knows lots of magicks and has an army of robots equally as powerful as him. Fuck really?

And I'm only 5 issues in on Superior Spiderman, and Peter's not technically dead from what I saw

#FuckFantasticFour
No he dies later from what i read up too. Also the get different members in the FF. DR. Doom Taught himself Magic actually. Everything he does makes sense. For the most part.

Doom is just super smart. He has stolen powers/energy from both galactus and odin.

That alone makes him one of the most powerful humans on earth.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

As for team popularity, Justice Society is essentially a revolving roster of off-team JLA members. It would be like comparing the X-Men to X-Force or X-Factor--the rosters are often interchangeable. Teen Titans is essentially JL Lite. Outsiders and Legion of Superheroes POPULAR? Are you kidding me? Sure they're cool teams, but if you asked anyone who isn't a die-hard DC fan who these teams are 99% you'd get a blank stare. The only team the average person knows in DC is Justice League. Hell, even my mom can name 4 Marvel teams. It's not a contest as to who has better teams, I'm simply showing why DC heroes are so powerful--b/c they only have one well-known team, one-team who saves the universe, one-team they'd even think about making a movie based on. Guardians aren't popular? Tell that to everyone excited to see them in August. They're not HUGELY popular, but popular enough to risk a movie.

To be fair, a lot of that is from the Marvel Movie-verse. If DC got their shit together, we'd be saying different

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
No he dies later from what i read up too. Also the get different members in the FF. DR. Doom Taught himself Magic actually. Everything he does makes sense. For the most part.
So his ghost shows up then leaves? That's what I'm referencing.

And my thing with Doom is just that he's like a master of all trades. Him and Thanos, it's like their only weaknesses are that they are egotistical pricks.

And another beef with Marvel I have is the absurdity of the intelligence of guys like Stark and Richards and Starks wealth. Think it was the Five Nightmares arc, he buys up all this shit to cure like AIDS and Malaria super cheap in his downtime (through vending machines). Like Wayne's rich, but his wealth is on a believable scale

Indecisive

So his ghost shows up then leaves? That's what I'm referencing.

And my thing with Doom is just that he's like a master of all trades. Him and Thanos, it's like their only weaknesses are that they are egotistical pricks.

And another beef with Marvel I have is the absurdity of the intelligence of guys like Stark and Richards and Starks wealth. Think it was the Five Nightmares arc, he buys up all this shit to cure like AIDS and Malaria super cheap in his downtime (through vending machines). Like Wayne's rich, but his wealth is on a believable scale
It was Peter in his Sub Concious from Parkers Memories. He then gets rid of all of parkers memories thus getting rid of Peter. Doom can be beat. Without his Suit he is pretty weak and cannot do much. Thanos has the Glove of OP to give him powers. Stark and Reed are very smart yes. And so are a lot of other Marvel Characters i agree with that. As for the money thing. Stark has money. So. Still cannot cure cancer with it. :p

kivatt

Kono Dio Da

Captain Britain who basically basically gets stronger as big as he thinks his dick is, can keep up. Same with Dr Voodoo, Strange, and Dr Doom who are all powerful magic users. And they can't kept up, you kidding me?

The Justice society is all of the other DC heroes, the only member that was on both teams was black canary. Them being a recycled JLa is false. A good amount of non comic fans I know, know who the legion is. I mean they did have their own show.

Just because guardians has a fan base, doesn't mean they are popular. They are not well known unless you read comics.

Did I say your opinion was wrong about some DC not being popular and some thinking one was cooler than the others? Did I just simply state some teams in DC that are well known/ popular? Or did I say why people had certain biases against a character? How do I sound line a fan boy when I'm going against your whole a argument that only a small amount of marvel can compete with DC.

How exactly does that sound fan boyish. Especially when it's obvious that I read both DC and Marvel when I can name characters from both even some that most people don't know on here. C'mon son

So Teen Titans/Young Justice didn't have a diverse team? That's what you're saying?

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
To be fair, a lot of that is from the Marvel Movie-verse. If DC got their shit together, we'd be saying different
Sure. But look at the dual causality here. The MCU took off because they had more than one team that was well known, and thus made their multiple teams more well-known. DC has had it's cinematic universe really struggle to take off--but they also only have 1 team they would ever consider putting on-screen. X-Men and Fantastic 4 came out WAY before Avengers.

Marvel is simply much less decentralized. DC revolves around JL. When you're diversified, you can have varying powers and even it out. When you've only got one money-maker and you do the same thing with them for 75 years and keep retconning the same shit.... they're gonna get overpowered and stale. That's all.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Captain Britain who basically basically gets stronger as big as he thinks his dick is, can keep up. Same with Dr Voodoo, Strange, and Dr Doom who are all powerful magic users. And they can't kept up, you kidding me?

The Justice society is all of the other DC heroes, the only member that was on both teams was black canary. Them being a recycled JLa is false. A good amount of non comic fans I know, know who the legion is. I mean they did have their own show.

Just because guardians has a fan base, doesn't mean they are popular. They are not well known unless you read comics.

Did I say your opinion was wrong about some DC not being popular and some thinking one was cooler than the others? Did I just simply state some teams in DC that are well known/ popular? Or did I say why people had certain biases against a character? How do I sound line a fan boy when I'm going against your whole a argument that only a small amount of marvel can compete with DC.

How exactly does that sound fan boyish. Especially when it's obvious that I read both DC and Marvel when I can name characters from both even some that most people don't know on here. C'mon son

So Teen Titans/Young Justice didn't have a diverse team? That's what you're saying?
Huh? Dude you make no sense--your sentences aren't even complete thoughts. You can barely format an argument--you just know you disagree with me. Putting Dr. Doom in the same category as Flash or Superman. Maybe you're not a fanboy, you just sound ridiculous now.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Doom is just super smart. He has stolen powers/energy from both galactus and odin.

That alone makes him one of the most powerful humans on earth.
No Dr. Doom can use magic. and he's just as good as Dr. Strange, he just prefers not to use it

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Huh? Dude you make no sense--your sentences aren't even complete thoughts. You can barely format an argument--you just know you disagree with me. Putting Dr. Doom in the same category as Flash or Superman. Maybe you're not a fanboy, you just sound ridiculous now.
I'm in class going in and out. You do know that Doom is a powerful magic user? And he can transfer his consciousness just by making eye contact with someone. So yeah.

Last edited:

Indecisive

No Dr. Doom can use magic. and he's just as good as Dr. Strange, he just prefers not to use it
He actually is not as good as Strange is. He is good with Magic. But compared to Dr. Strange he doesnt have as much Magical Items as strange has. Although If strange didnt have his toys then it would probably be even. This i will agree on. Since Doom self taught himself magic. Although i think strange would win in the long run due to more experience. And if doom doesnt have his tech and doom bots. -_-.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
He actually is not as good as Strange is. He is good with Magic. But compared to Dr. Strange he doesnt have as much Magical Items as strange has. Although If strange didnt have his toys then it would probably be even. This i will agree on. Since Doom self taught himself magic. Although i think strange would win in the long run due to more experience. And if doom doesnt have his tech and doom bots. -_-.
Doom was actually taught by Dr. Strange and Morgan Le Fey. If he wanted to he could be a lot better than he actually is, but he thinks science is more important. Which is why he doesn't display it as much.

Strange now should be stronger, since he sold his soul like a little bitch.

Last edited: