What's new

THE GREAT DEBATE! MARVEL VS DC! WHO WILL WIN?!?!

Who Will Win?

• Total voters

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Flash is generally susceptible to telepaths if it helps anyone's arguments at all. Or at least the excuse they use with Grodd's TK etc. is that Flash can't move faster than thought or some such thing.

Speaking of which, I think Marvel might take it just because they have waaay more "Omega-level" telepaths than DC and I think in general a lot of the main DC guys are kinda susceptible to it.

@Lex Luthor II honestly I can't really wrap my head around WW being that fast, certainly not in The New 52 anyway, but even prior to that, it's just not showcased as much as her other abilities. The whole Superman/Hulk durability vs. the sword thing is a bit moot as other than Kryptonite magic is one of Supes bigger specific weaknesses, it won't necessarily work the same way on the Hulk. I don't honestly know if hulk would be "frozen" as compared to WW's speed.

There are too many variables in terms of WW's & Hulk's abilities. If we go by WW = Sentry powers/levels then why didn't the Sentry utterly destroy Hulk? It's rare that we're shown Wonder Woman is fighting in "bullet time" and she does get hit an awful lot when she's in fights with big brawler types. Thus it stands to reason that she could be hit by The Hulk.

Basically I'm not convinced by either the speed or the sword argument.
With Sentry its the same reason that hulk isnt destroyed by Superman with ease when they fight. The writers forget/ignore some heroes powers so they make the fighter more interesting or dont piss off fanboys. This is why they all of a sudden forget how fast Superman is, about his superspeed, in a fight with the hulk. Same with THOR. Superman and THOR should never be touched by the hulk: same, obviously, with WoWo.

And Superman isnt weak to magic, he just doesnt have any magical resistance to magic... and neither does the hulk. Sooo itd be the same, logically.

hulks out of his league, realistically, when it comes to fighting WoWo, Superman, THOR... but hulk has the power of popularity! Same reason Batman wins when he shouldnt against some villains and a couple heroes.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
For the record, I'm in the Scarlett Witch is broke camp. That's why I don't like her, because she's regularly like that and is main Marvel character. Flash is also broke as fuck

And (forgot who to tag), what @Doombawkz is saying is (there is another term for this, only found the SMvsFL exception). The idea started (to my knowledge) when Spiderman beat Firelord in a fight when he reasonably shouldn't have and has never done so again. So you can't say Spiderman beats, I dunno, Galactus because he beat Firelord that one time, it's radically inconsistent with what Spidey actually can do. So just because Batman beat Darkseid that one time doesn't mean he could take Doomsday. Because Arm Fall Off Boy wins a fight, doesn't mean he can do anything relevant in his life ever again.

I would participate more, but this has gotten very specific to characters and I don't have room to mention why Hawkman would fuck y'all up

Last edited:

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
For the record, I'm in the Scarlett Witch is broke camp. That's why I don't like her, because she's regularly like that and is main Marvel character. Flash is also broke as fuck

And (forgot who to tag), what @Doombawks is saying is (there is another term for this, only found the SMvsFL exception). The idea started (to my knowledge) when Spiderman beat Firelord in a fight when he reasonably shouldn't have and has never done so again. So you can't say Spiderman beats, I dunno, Galactus because he beat Firelord that one time, it's radically inconsistent with what Spidey actually can do. So just because Batman beat Darkseid that one time doesn't mean he could take Doomsday. Because Arm Fall Off Boy wins a fight, doesn't mean he can do anything relevant in his life ever again.

I would participate more, but this has gotten very specific to characters and I don't have room to mention why Hawkman would fuck y'all up
Spiderman could beat Galactis. He Has the Fantastic Fours Phone number. :p

Indecisive

They only fight him when he is hungry. :DOGE
He only eats the planets cause he needs them to survive. There is no reason to fight him. Since they cannot technically beat him. They just convince him to not eat there planet. Or have him eat planets with noone on it. Fighting him is a waste of time. Although im pretty sure Magneto Could beat him. Maybe. But then again we also have never really seen Galactus at his full power.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He only eats the planets cause he needs them to survive. There is no reason to fight him. Since they cannot technically beat him. They just convince him to not eat there planet. Or have him eat planets with noone on it. Fighting him is a waste of time. Although im pretty sure Magneto Could beat him. Maybe. But then again we also have never really seen Galactus at his full power.
Magneto? Not when Galactus has the ultimate nullifier, or Silver Surfer as a henchman lol.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Not really, I mean yeah I'm arguing with Doombawkz kinda, but on the thing I replied you on I was more curious as to why you thought that. I think DC is more mainstream just because... well.. Batman and Superman are more iconic than anything Marvel has, and they kinda build a lot of their stuff around it. I'd say Marvel takes more risks and sometimes pulls out some incredible books about lesser known characters, but then they get some duds as well.

I've been reading both forever and definitely can't pick between the two.
Side note: its kinda cool we live in a world where i-Man movies make more than Batman movies, and a THOR movie makes the same amount of money as a Superman movie.

Its cool :)

Noone cared about THOR till he went on the big screen. Now errrryone calls me THOR. Bandwagoners <3

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Side note: its kinda cool we live in a world where i-Man movies make more than Batman movies, and a THOR movie makes the same amount of money as a Superman movie.

Its cool :)

Noone cared about THOR till he went on the big screen. Now errrryone calls me THOR. Bandwagoners <3
Now if only we could get a British Constantine and a Hawkman film, I'd die happy

Indecisive

Magneto? Not when Galactus has the ultimate nullifier, or Silver Surfer as a henchman lol.
Its always been a debate. And it is a Premise the Marvel vs Game. Since Magneto has insane amounts of Power. He just doesnt use most of his powers. But same with Galactus. I think Mags could hold his own. Also im not including any of the Heralds in the fight. Just like im not including any other mutants in the fight.

Its pretty much agreed that Marvels high end is more developed than DCs high end.

King Thor, Odin, Dorm, Shuma, the celestials, galactus, franklin richard, herald surfer, vishanti, supreme sorc strange etc etc.

Superman always had a weakness in magic. Its pretty much canon now. Plus I don't think Superman in any version can fuck with odin or king thor.

the whole WW hulk comic was just "lolwriter". It makes NO sense how supreme sorc dr strange loses to hulk. We're talking about a guy who can hold off dorm and shuma. Hulk can't do shit about either one of them.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Most DC characters are grossly overpowered and with authors' reluctance to leave ppl dead--there are often times many of these (ex. Flash is amazingly powerful.... and there are like 5 of them. Same with GLs. And Supermen.) People like Superboy Prime, Superman, Flash, Doomsday, MMH and even Wonder Woman and Amazo have been shown to be INCREDIBLY powerful. Like eye-rollingly powerful. Marvel can keep up with these folks, but the list of contenders is much smaller: Hulk, Sentry, Thor, Silver Surfer.... and many of them would even struggle with the DC powerhouses.

Basically--DC focuses on keeping their flagship characters alive and rewriting how powerful they are because outside of their core group of Justice League heroes, their comics aren't very popular and the characters often don't matter. They refuse to kill these folks off--keep all of their iterations overlapping--and you end up with a crew of 4 or 5 entire Justice Leagues worth of characters who have been doing nothing but one-upping each other for the past 50 years.

Marvel on the other hand has a multitude of successful superhero teams and their popularities have been all over the place (XMen, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc). This has lead to a much more varied pool of heroes who--while they may not always stay dead--don't end up competing over their various iterations of one another. Ex. You don't have 3 Thors currently assisting the Avengers, each with varying levels of ridiculous power. This means that the power of these characters can rely on the author easier--who has a ton of characters to choose from--and not just 7-8 core Justice Leaguers who are unbelievably powerful. Marvel's biggest powerhouses are their sparingly used cosmic or dimensional beings (Shuma, Dormammu, Mephisto, Living Tribunal, etc)--NOT their core heroes. DC just crams powerful heroes down your throat to the point where you become desensitized to Superman ripping a world in half.

Overall, DC wins because their comics almost always turn into a pissing contest of powers. Sure, Marvel has its fair share of powerhouses and inconsistencies, but their character design and rosters are so varied that they don't need to constantly increase how powerful Flash or Superman is to get a plot across. If we're picking small rosters, Marvel stands a chance. If we're going DCverse VS Marvelverse.... DC wins easily.

Last edited:

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Its pretty much agreed that Marvels high end is more developed than DCs high end.

King Thor, Odin, Dorm, Shuma, the celestials, galactus, franklin richard, herald surfer, vishanti, supreme sorc strange etc etc.

Superman always had a weakness in magic. Its pretty much canon now. Plus I don't think Superman in any version can fuck with odin or king thor.

the whole WW hulk comic was just "lolwriter". It makes NO sense how supreme sorc dr strange loses to hulk. We're talking about a guy who can hold off dorm and shuma. Hulk can't do shit about either one of them.
WW hulk was a classic example of overzealous writers jackin each other off in the writers room, just doing more and more and taking things to levels of stupidity that made no sense whatsoever. I'm glad they stopped that and returned Hulk to hulk levels.

But yes, RuneKing THOR > DC.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

I thought WW Hulk was interesting, but that was fucking stupid. Adds to why I don't like Hulk as a character

Indecisive

Most DC characters are grossly overpowered and with authors' reluctance to leave ppl dead--there are often times many of these (ex. Flash is amazingly powerful.... and there are like 5 of them. Same with GLs. And Supermen.) People like Superboy Prime, Superman, Flash, Doomsday, MMH and even Wonder Woman and Amazo have been shown to be INCREDIBLY powerful. Like eye-rollingly powerful. Marvel can keep up with these folks, but the list of contenders is much smaller: Hulk, Sentry, Thor, Silver Surfer.... and many of them would even struggle with the DC powerhouses.

Basically--DC focuses on keeping their flagship characters alive and rewriting how powerful they are because outside of their core group of Justice League heroes, their comics aren't very popular and the characters often don't matter. They refuse to kill these folks off--keep all of their iterations overlapping--and you end up with a crew of 4 or 5 entire Justice Leagues worth of characters who have been doing nothing but one-upping each other for the past 50 years.

Marvel on the other hand has a multitude of successful superhero teams and their popularities have been all over the place (XMen, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc). This has lead to a much more varied pool of heroes who--while they may not always stay dead--don't end up competing over their various iterations of one another. Ex. You don't have 3 Thors currently assisting the Avengers, each with varying levels of ridiculous power. This means that the power of these characters can rely on the author easier--who has a ton of characters to choose from--and not just 7-8 core Justice Leaguers who are unbelievably powerful. Marvel's biggest powerhouses are their sparingly used cosmic or dimensional beings (Shuma, Dormammu, Mephisto, Living Tribunal, etc)--NOT their core heroes. DC just crams powerful heroes down your throat to the point where you become desensitized to Superman ripping a world in half.

Overall, DC wins because their comics almost always turn into a pissing contest of powers. Sure, Marvel has its fair share of powerhouses and inconsistencies, but their character design and rosters are so varied that they don't need to constantly increase how powerful Flash or Superman is to get a plot across. If we're picking small rosters, Marvel stands a chance. If we're going DCverse VS Marvelverse.... DC wins easily.
This is probably the best comment i have read so far. I can agree with this. Even though im a huge Marvel Fan.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
This is probably the best comment i have read so far. I can agree with this. Even though im a huge Marvel Fan.
I'm a big Marvel fan as well. And my post is part of the reason why I prefer Marvel. I get sick of being confused over which of the 5 Flashes I'm dealing with--how many times their pasts have been rewritten, etc. At least with Marvel if someone dies they can move on to write about someone else before reviving them. Look at Captain Marvel (MarVell)--he was a flagship character in the 70s and he's still dead from cancer. It's been an integral part to their universe. He was replaced a few times by ENTIRELY different people, and they almost never overlapped. There aren't 7 Mar-Vells going around helping the Avengers. He was replaced by his 2 kids--who looked entirely different--and they moved on.

Indecisive

I'm a big Marvel fan as well. And my post is part of the reason why I prefer Marvel. I get sick of being confused over which of the 5 Flashes I'm dealing with--how many times their pasts have been rewritten, etc. At least with Marvel if someone dies they can move on to write about someone else before reviving them. Look at Captain Marvel (MarVell)--he was a flagship character in the 70s and he's still dead from cancer. It's been an integral part to their universe. He was replaced a few times by ENTIRELY different people, and they almost never overlapped. There aren't 7 Mar-Vells going around helping the Avengers. He was replaced by his 2 kids--who looked entirely different--and they moved on.
There still is the Big Heads of Marvel though. But at least there powers make sense. And they can at least lose. Im tired of hearing Batman can never lose because he is Batman. That is not a reason IMO. And im tired of people saying Flash can do all these things because of the speed force without any repercussion. When im pretty sure if he did the things they are saying he wouldnt be able to do it over and over again without resting. Also they even Killed Peter Parker Spiderman and replaced him with Doc Oc. Obviously Marvel likes to experiment.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Its always been a debate. And it is a Premise the Marvel vs Game. Since Magneto has insane amounts of Power. He just doesnt use most of his powers. But same with Galactus. I think Mags could hold his own. Also im not including any of the Heralds in the fight. Just like im not including any other mutants in the fight.
Magneto is weak as fuck. Like really weak. Polaris is stronger than him.

At full power magneto is not holding his own with galactus. Let's be serious.

Last edited:

kivatt

Kono Dio Da

Actually no. DC other teams are very successful and popular. Justice Society, Teen Titans, Outsiders, Legion of Superheroes are really popular.

The only time things get really broken in DC is mainly during events. Where the threats that they face are on a universe scale. Where they have to showcase them being stronger.

What people don't get is that DC has 75 years under its belt so of course things will get broken. But that's when you don't look at the character themselves and read their books. A prime example is superman, many people find him before,and I bet they don't read his books because they deal with the man that's behind the cape. And that's what makes him more important. You're looking at them as a group, but don't acknowledge their individual worth. And all of them are very different, yeah they have the same powers, but the characters who have been shown to be powerful, have always been stated as that.

You do know that only really 4 justice league members are strong as hell right?

And Marvel has just ask much broken characters, who have gotten ridiculous for no reason, and characters who are threats. Gladiator, Thanos,Skrulls, Captain Britain, Black Bolt, Thane, a large amount of mutants, Dr. Doom. Dr. Strange , Doctor Voodoo, Jean Grey, Gambit at full power, Captain Universe, Franklin Richards , Nightmask, Sunspot, Hyperion, Nate Grey.

And guardians is not that popular. Let's be serious here.

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think we should leave out all of the "god" characters like Galactus, Living Tribunal, Specter, etc. At the very least, we should probably have this discussion in tiers, such as God, Galactic, World, and Local power levels. Any discussion about comics is going to get out of hand pretty quickly, but that should at least make things more manageable.