What's new

Combo List - Ferra/Torr The FerraTory - Laboratory of Combos [XL Update Pending]

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
One of my favorite, very simple combos for Ferra/Torr comes from either their Vicious or Ruthless variant (the one where you can do a ranged grab with Ferra): F2, 3, BF3 = 30% damage.

Last edited:

edtheegg

Noob
ruthless- pain & gain absorbs a hit of armor
nJP, dash, b232+3, run, f2, f3, dd1 (absorbs wake up attack, free punish with buff)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
ruthless- pain & gain absorbs a hit of armor
nJP, dash, b232+3, run, f2, f3, dd1 (absorbs wake up attack, free punish with buff)
Recovers too slow to punish most things.
Also easily baited because armor doesn't last forever.

Those 5 frame punishes...you sure? D+1 xx into anything can be blocked. Set the dummy to auto block and nothing hits that's cancelled off that move.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
It's funny because that is only 1% more damage than just doing f2~4 X-ray with triple pain and gain, haha.
FYI I'm extremely mad at you because I wanted to use that exact picture of Ferra as my avatar. I have the whole outworld ginyu force picture as my tablet background right now.

MK Led

Umbasa
FYI I'm extremely mad at you because I wanted to use that exact picture of Ferra as my avatar. I have the whole outworld ginyu force picture as my tablet background right now.
Hehe what can I say its a good picture :D props to the artist.

Also nice videos, especially the wake-up explanation from that other thread, interesting stuff. I had noticed the animation was slightly different for the wake-up run, and it's interesting that they just straight up borrowed the command grab animation and damage from ruthless for the vicious wake up.

In Lackey if you don't want to send them full screen this is a good alternative:

B121 xx Torr Smash, F3, F2, B3~2+4

Floor splat/hard knockdown, advantage for mix up right next to opponent, opponent cannot roll away!

Everyone is going nuts for damage, but take a zoner for example, you get 4-5% more damage by using command grab ender but lose 4-5% just trying to get back in. You also can mix up and pressure and at a minimum you get the damage back with chip off pressure.

Bolton

Noob
Low starter, 1 meter, switch sides :

F2, F3, 4xxDB2ex, F3xxDBF1 = 39%
Switch out F3 xx DBF1 for 4 xx DBF1 for an additional 1%.

I was trying out a lot of things before coming here and came up with something close to the following

Premo's combo after the f2,3,2+4 can be r/c'd and you can still land the njp. As seen here

My combo goes like b2 3 2+4, RC, NJP, RC, f2, f3, 4 xx Boss Toss which was 37% the same. Premo's combo was different in that after the NJP, you guys have 'f3, f2' instead of a 'RC, f2' also, I have a 'f3, 4 xx Boss Toss' instead of a '4 xx Boss Toss'.

So I tried for a bit to see if I can get both 'f3, f2' and 'f3, 4 xx Boss Toss' but haven't gotten it yet. I'm pretty sure it is impossible, and that you'd only get 1-2% more if it wasn't, but maybe you guys can try.

Wonder Chef's seems a lot more practical though. I'm still not used to the 'f3, f2' link though. Also, for either combo, you need to be a step closer from a training mode reset and it should work on anyone.

MK Led

Umbasa
I'm still not used to the 'f3, f2' link though.
It takes a little getting used to but its definitely more consistent than the neutral jump punch when you're not in the corner. The 38% one that ends with f3, f2, f3, 4 xx boss toss (without the njp) is what I usually go for, I think Wonder Chef's one is similar if not the same as the one I use.

Also damn, crackin' that 40%. Noice

Bolton

Noob
It takes a little getting used to but its definitely more consistent than the neutral jump punch when you're not in the corner. The 38% one that ends with f3, f2, f3, 4 xx boss toss (without the njp) is what I usually go for, I think Wonder Chef's one is similar if not the same as the one I use.

Also damn, crackin' that 40%. Noice
Whoops, I was really tired when I made that post. It looks like I was saying that I thought the ender "f3, f2, f3, 4 xx boss toss" was impossible, but I actually meant to say "I wonder if it's possible to end with 'f3, f2, f3, 4 xx boss toss' after the NJP combo."

I was pretty amazed though, that you guys managed to find a 38% one. It took me a while to get the 37% with the NJP and I initially thought that there wasn't anything that could possibly top it. But I guess I never tried 'f3, f2'.

And thanks! It's just 1% more but the effort to make it is about the same, so I figured it was worth a post.

I actually haven't tried playing Ferra/Torr in any sort of match yet. How do you guys like her variations? Vicious seems a lot more usable but Lackey has significantly stronger combos that are easier to perform.

I'm having trouble landing the ender combo on vicious. The f3, 4xx boss toss. I can do f2, f3, 4xx boss toss by itself, but can't consistently get it with the whole combo. Not sure where my issue lies. I think it's somewhere between f2, f3 screen transition with the full combo, like maybe it changes the timing?

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
This combo was probably posted, but I'll post a video I made for it:

This is a 35% combo off of a MB Torr Uppercut as the starter, Lackey variation obviously. Not bad damage off of a wakeup, in my opinion.

MB Torr Uppercut, f3, f2, f3, 4, command throw.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
How did you do the links so fluidly?
This is going to be a lame answer, but my answer is simply practice, practice, practice. The first part of the combo, the f3 needs to hit as high as possible before the f2 hits; you can execute the f3 almost as soon as the second hit of the Torr Uppercut hits, just practice the timing. Same thing with the latter part of the combo; the f3 needs to hit as high as possible before the standing 4.

F3,4 is ruining my day. lol
Again, like in the above quote: just practice, practice, practice. A tip for the f3, 4 is watch for when Torr's foot hits the ground, that's around the time that you can link the 4. The 4 can also hit really late in a juggle, so just keep on practicing until you get that optimal juggle.