What's new

Video/Tutorial - Ferra/Torr The Ferra/Torr Video Thread

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
the combo damage thing is just my consistency with landing the bigger combos online.
Funny thing is we don't have big combos, counting the hits on my bnbs in my head they never seem to barely go even above 10 hits. None of the links are that tight, but I admit getting something like (w/o ferra) f2, njp, f3, 2,f4 is tricky, but thats really just lag messing with my idea of when to enter the input, rather than it being a tough combo to put together.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Funny thing is we don't have big combos, counting the hits on my bnbs in my head they never seem to barely go even above 10 hits. None of the links are that tight, but I admit getting something like (w/o ferra) f2, njp, f3, 2,f4 is tricky, but thats really just lag messing with my idea of when to enter the input, rather than it being a tough combo to put together.
Getting those lone F3s all in online can be tricky as hell with the gravity though. I usually only go for one per combo to play it safe

Kamikaze_Highlander

Getting those lone F3s all in online can be tricky as hell with the gravity though. I usually only go for one per combo to play it safe
I only ever use one too, think you may have misread the combo. Online I tend to leave it out, and just go for njp b121xx or 4xx. I'll need to do a bit more testing see if I can find a more consistent way of connecting 2,f4 without a f3, it is a fucking bitch, constantly get blown up trying to bait out wakeups with the HKD to PnG, the f4 always whiffs, and b4 is way too low to connect.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I only ever use one too, think you may have misread the combo. Online I tend to leave it out, and just go for njp b121xx or 4xx. I'll need to do a bit more testing see if I can find a more consistent way of connecting 2,f4 without a f3, it is a fucking bitch, constantly get blown up trying to bait out wakeups with the HKD to PnG, the f4 always whiffs, and b4 is way too low to connect.
Wait now Im confused you do njp then B121?

Kamikaze_Highlander

yea, I left out the starter to save time typing, so like the whole combo would be like 11xxPnG rc f2, njp, b121xx. Even this can be tricky cuz if you hit them too high the last hit will either whiff, or bounce them too high for dbf1 to connect.

I wouldn't just, njp b121xx unles its all I needed for the kill.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
yea, I left out the starter to save time typing, so like the whole combo would be like 11xxPnG rc f2, njp, b121xx. Even this can be tricky cuz if you hit them too high the last hit will either whiff, or bounce them too high for dbf1 to connect.

I wouldn't just, njp b121xx unles its all I needed for the kill.
Oh the PnG cancel combos. Yeah I dont find the F3 to be the hard part in those since there is only one, the hardest part for me is the NJP but theres a trick to making the timing a non issue. I meant getting two seperate F3s is hard in the combos like B23 2+4, F3, F2, F3, 4xxender or NJP F3, F2, F3, 4xxender. In those I usually leave out the first F3 to make the confirm easier

Kamikaze_Highlander

yea same, I don't really bother with combos with two f3 in it, its just too tricky and not worth the risk of dropping a combo for what only amounts to maybe 1-2% with scaling.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
What trick is that. In practice I can get it like 80% of the time, online like 30%. offline (playing a real person) I seem to drop it every time :(
Basically since NJ2 and NJ1 do the same thing you just slide your thumb over both buttons on pad or dial them both on stick to double your chances of getting the right timing (which is asap off the ground)

Kamikaze_Highlander

Over 4 hours and close to 100 matches.

If anyone cares to look. Lol

Ruthless vs. Mostly Spec Ops Cassie.

http://www.twitch.tv/ne_8a_dabjr/v/38347633
"Second to Bio"!? Don't get me wrong man, you've got solid play, but dab jr. is exaggerating a little here.

Here's. my feedback. From watching a little over a quarter

You can punish getaway flip at -30 with b232+4, perfect range. Cassie's think ending with getaway flip keeps them safe, but that's only cuz most other characters don't have range like we do.

He woke up with a jump away a lot. You could have caught him with the OH throw a lot more consistently than the low.

unless it was an error. I don't think you should cancel b121xxPnG rc, its just not plus enough. Also you did lots of cancels into f2 that got blocked, you did have a couple of throws in there, I feel like if you went for the throw option more often you would in turn be more successful off the f2, mind games and shit.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Second to Bio"!? Don't get me wrong man, you've got solid play, but dab jr. is exaggerating a little here.
I even replied in chat, "I'm nowhere close to bio. Don't listen to him." Lol.

Thanks for the feedback though! Definitely didn't expect to get any so that's awesome. He did a good job of mixing up his mixups by ending with salute into guns or salute into pressure, that I respected it a bit too much so he'd go flip kick, and in non beta netcode, -30 becomes -3 when trying to punish things on reaction. I'm gonna go back and watch some matches and I'll keep your critique in mind. Thanks a lot!

Also, near the very end of the stream, he starts to rage about FT. It's great.

Also Also...I noticed him running through command grab as well...*Sigh*

Kamikaze_Highlander

Also I thought I was the only one doing the b232+4, f4, njp... combo in the corner. I never even thought to try and get a f2 off either. Usially just went for b121xxdbf1

MadeFromMetal

Yea I saw your chat response.

Lol true that, tho I was playing a friend and getting it off consistenetly. B2 is 26 or 22 frame start up, so there's is a sizable window.
Oh yeah, I forgot chat was visible.

And you're right, should have been punishing with b2, which is 19 frames instead of b1. But due to me respecting the possibility of him going EX guns after salute, I didn't get it off in time. It should be an easy punish, I was just messing it up.

MadeFromMetal

Also I thought I was the only one doing the b232+4, f4, njp... combo in the corner. I never even thought to try and get a f2 off either. Usially just went for b121xxdbf1
I actually find it easier to hit than b232+4, f3, f2 which is why I do it. Also it looks swaggier for the same damage.

Kamikaze_Highlander

yea, online the timings for f4 and the njp can be tight, but I agree, just feels and looks so beefy. I've also found you can do b232+4, rc, f4 rc, b121xxdbf1 in midscreen for some awesome corner carry.