What's new

Video/Tutorial - Ferra/Torr The Ferra/Torr Video Thread

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
It's all online though fyi so please ignore the dropped combos.
Maaaan....playing F/T online is one of the more difficult things I've done in a fighting game. His BnBs take timing, you can't just dial it in and watch the animation like some characters. And with a lag spiky online match, it's hard to connect a f2, 4~ender, let alone something in between.

Matthew Rivera

DidUSayChocolate
Maaaan....playing F/T online is one of the more difficult things I've done in a fighting game. His BnBs take timing, you can't just dial it in and watch the animation like some characters. And with a lag spiky online match, it's hard to connect a f2, 4~ender, let alone something in between.
Yea, I drop combos with f2 a lot online

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Why do we need ruthless to have a matchup discussion?

I dont think people will be considering ruthless unless something big is found or its buffed, so why not start with lackey and vicious?

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
Whether it's all in one thread or not the discussion will still be variation specific. And the later we make the thread the better. It takes a long time to understand matchups and adding in variations will only add to it. Starting one early can influence peoples thoughts on certain matchups without it being explored to it's fullest....e.g. Kano FT 8-2 .Without a thread it gives everyone a little more time to figure things out on there own so when a thread is made people can give their opinions with reasons to back it up rather than just saying that the matchup feels hard.

Last edited:

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
people think kano FT is 8-2? I think its 50/50 or in FT's advantage. I dont have any trouble against kano, in either lackey or vicious.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
people think kano FT is 8-2? I think its 50/50 or in FT's advantage. I dont have any trouble against kano, in either lackey or vicious.
People are idiots.

Anyways if we make a MU chart now we are basically saying we know enough to decide what we feel some things are.
Ruthless, as a variation, has had next to no exploration and so if we were to make a chart and simply not include those numbers, we might as well not make the chart at all.
For all we know, these "bad mus" could be handled by ruthless and we just havent found the ticket yet.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
We dont need a chart I dont think thats what anyone wants. We just want to start discussing them. Maybe we should start with Kano since some people dont have a problem with him and some people think its 8-2 lol. But lets leave numbers like that out, I purely want a match up discussion thread to discuss tactics and help the other FT players and myself improve in our match ups

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I'm sort of dying for a MU thread. Jax, Ermac, Shinnok and Kenshi give me fits. I labbed Shinnok last night, and figured some stuff out, but it would be nice to hear what others are doing about these. That said I still struggle using Vicious, it's so unnatural to me compared to Lackey, and matchups where Lackey feels really, really bad I just use Johnny Cage instead lol.
id be up for that. players that do keepaway with Balanced Kenshi, shinnok necromancer, Tanya Pyro and ermac MOS give me trouble. Kung Lao is my most feared. im free to teleports i usualy pick jax for that one

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
id be up for that. players that do keepaway with Balanced Kenshi, shinnok necromancer, Tanya Pyro and ermac MOS give me trouble. Kung Lao is my most feared. im free to teleports i usualy pick jax for that one
Watching grr during NLBC vsing glitch all those times has me confident against kung laos.

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win

My region has bad internet, it rarely gets any better than 8 mbps, so almost all my online matches are really laggy, which inflicts choked gameplay, dropped combos and fear to punish properly, yet still, I try to pull off my Torrvex tech. I am no good player regardless, so bear with me

Last edited:

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
Almost completely updated. If anyone can separate some tournament matches that would be great.

Had this trade happen a couple of days ago. I love the post-Brutality spear reel.
That is awesome

MadeFromMetal

Thanks for putting up these matches bro, appreciate it
Yeah no problem. I gotta find them to study anyway, might as well post em. Also...I noticed you rarely if ever use d4. Is there a reason for that? And what should we be doing off d4? I've mostly been doing d4~bf3/2 to catch counterpokes and add another mixup to the game...and because none of our normals reach after a hit d4. I can't help but think that's just a gimmick, though.

Last edited:

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
Yeah no problem. I gotta find them to study anyway, might as well post em. Also...I noticed you rarely if ever use d4. Is there a reason for that? And what should we be doing off d4? I've mostly been doing d4~bf3 to catch counterpokes and because none of our normals reach after a hit d4.
I find that F2 from range gets the job done better than D4 and at close range D3 is better. Just haven't found any great uses for it tbh

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I find that F2 from range gets the job done better than D4 and at close range D3 is better. Just haven't found any great uses for it tbh
I like to use it against characters with high hitting wake ups but Im usually only doing it in the corner for the reasons you stated. But against wake ups like Raidens or a normal Jax superman punch or Sonyas butterfly kick or something its good because itll low profile under the high wake up and allow a punish, if they block high on wake up its plus 20+ so its a mix up there, if they block it low its plus 2 so you can still continue pressure, also has decent whiff recovery so you can whiff one above their body on wake up SF style to bait something unsafe. But yeah usually just in the corner, mostly in Lackey at max range in combination with D1 and backbreaker

MadeFromMetal

I like to use it against characters with high hitting wake ups but Im usually only doing it in the corner for the reasons you stated. But against wake ups like Raidens or a normal Jax superman punch or Sonyas butterfly kick or something its good because itll low profile under the high wake up and allow a punish, if they block high on wake up its plus 20+ so its a mix up there, if they block it low its plus 2 so you can still continue pressure, also has decent whiff recovery so you can whiff one above their body on wake up SF style to bait something unsafe
So basically a corner only type of move. Crazy that a poke that's +2 on block doesn't have much use yet. I like your bait tactic though. I'll try that out.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
So basically a corner only type of move. Crazy that a poke that's +2 on block doesn't have much use yet. I like your bait tactic though. I'll try that out.
Its just a bit too slow for midscreen, F2 is the same speed essentially but leads to full combo and is safe already so yeah