What's new

Video/Tutorial - Ferra/Torr The Ferra/Torr Video Thread

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Good set. Weird hearing this game in German and without music.
Thanks. Yeah it's not my recording I play with english language but music off as well. Since nindo's gf literally almost screamed in my ear when he was about to loose at a tournament here in germany I try to keep distraction in any Form away from me haha (music and people watching The sets most likely)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What a beautiful language.
So angry, so visceral. Very fitting of a F/T.

To your matches, I say you have very impressive corner control. Some very sick baits on the parry.

Something to try that's decently good is after a PnG set-up do a short-run-cancel d.2.
If you've conditioned your opponents not to poke (which it looked like you did) you'll be at +4 and it'll beat their option of jumping over you. Also it trades favorably with most non-launching armored moves and out of it you can get some juicy damage.

Last edited:

Blewdew

What a beautiful language.
So angry, so visceral. Very fitting of a F/T.

To your matches, I say you have very impressive corner control. Some very sick baits on the parry.

Something to try that's decently good is after a PnG set-up do a short-run-cancel d.2.
If you've conditioned your opponents not to poke (which it looked like you did) you'll be at +4 and it'll beat their option of jumping over you. Also it trades favorably with most non-launching armored moves and out of it you can get some juicy damage.
Thanks a lot man png into d2 sounds really good what would you convert it into when it hits? I mean it's relatively easy to hit confirm and I know you can do a full combo even when you hit it in The neutral but I haven't found anything too useful yet

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Thanks a lot man png into d2 sounds really good what would you convert it into when it hits? I mean it's relatively easy to hit confirm and I know you can do a full combo even when you hit it in The neutral but I haven't found anything too useful yet
d.2 b.1212 is my usual go-to, or d.2 b.121 b.121xxcommand grab if they are closer to the corner.

Covers about half of the stage and ends in a hkd

Blewdew

d.2 b.1212 is my usual go-to, or d.2 b.121 b.121xxcommand grab if they are closer to the corner.

Covers about half of the stage and ends in a hkd
I had this idea and it actually worked out in The corner you can do b121pngc,d2,d3d3,d1d1d1d1,4xxdbf1 for 38% meterless and with 4 as a starter 40% meterless punish. Does 2-3% more damage than 112+4 as a launcher and i looks pretty cool as well :p

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
Seems as though doing D2 in the corner off of B121 can net you 39% meterless with 6 D1s in the combo but if you want to spend a bar for extra damage it will scale 1% less, so the 112+4 is still useful for corner combos using a bar to get 46%. Also I tested the combo you did in the video Shade on small hitbox characters and I don't believe it works. Took out the uneeded run cancel in my combo and I'm getting 50% consistently now, thanks for the tip :)

Blewdew

It's way easier to link though I feel like
Seems as though doing D2 in the corner off of B121 can net you 39% meterless with 6 D1s in the combo but if you want to spend a bar for extra damage it will scale 1% less, so the 112+4 is still useful for corner combos using a bar to get 46%. Also I tested the combo you did in the video Shade on small hitbox characters and I don't believe it works. Took out the uneeded run cancel in my combo and I'm getting 50% consistently now, thanks for the tip :)
6 d1's like 5 isn't hard enough to do consistent In this combo :p

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
So bit of a video dump.

First two are a Lackey and Ruthless combo respectively, the timing on the d2 on both combos affects how easy the combo is to connect. Lackey's is a little finicky but the Ruthless one you can either do the d2 early and run in and do the 2f4, or delay the d2 and you don't have to move at all. Third video is some sets from this morning, bodied what I coined as an 'Online Tier whorrior', solid games I feel.

Lackey
Ruthless
Sets

joeldm

Noob
Yes, these two give us a round!
Unfortunately online things do not work as we would like.
The first combo this old video works well online, it was this that spoke earlier.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Dumping these here. The first one is just the combo @cR Biohazard found but with s4 as the starter, after I had the realisation that its 53% 1 bar as an 11 frame punish. Second one is me messing around in the corner and will probably be my 1 bar corner punish, since I cant do the 6 d1 combos consistently for some reason.

There was a s4xxPnG RC before the d2 but the video decided to cut that apparently.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Dumping these here. The first one is just the combo @cR Biohazard found but with s4 as the starter, after I had the realisation that its 53% 1 bar as an 11 frame punish. Second one is me messing around in the corner and will probably be my 1 bar corner punish, since I cant do the 6 d1 combos consistently for some reason.

There was a s4xxPnG RC before the d2 but the video decided to cut that apparently.
I was messing in the corner past night with b121xxPnG rc d2, d3, d3, d1 d1 d1, 4xxdbf1 did 36%, 4 d1 did 37. So you're only getting a percent per d1, I decided to stick with three as that was easiest.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I struggle to do 3 consistently. I even drop 2 sometimes. The timings weird. And if I do get it I cant get the 4, i get d4 which means I end up losing all the damage of the d1's anyway lol.

Think ill just do d3, d3 4xxDBF1 for meterless. Cuz im a scrub.