What's new

Video/Tutorial - Ferra/Torr The Ferra/Torr Video Thread

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008

My region has bad internet, it rarely gets any better than 8 mbps, so almost all my online matches are really laggy, which inflicts choked gameplay, dropped combos and fear to punish properly, yet still, I try to pull off my Torrvex tech. I am no good player regardless, so bear with me
Haha man that looks exactly like how I play! One thing I noticed, are you just mashing 1 a lot? it may be safe, but I always feel like i could be messing with the opponent more if I just cancelled it into OH or Low Ferra throws. Also you Kaber tossed her out of the corner in the first round, I usually go for a throw to put them back in, but you went for damage so I can respect that.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
So i'm puting together a guide/ tech video for Ruthless and Vicious, and I found this bug in B232+4, at max range it's a true blockstring, but up close there's a hole between b2 and 3, has this been there the whole time, I've never seen anyone exploit it, or even mentioned here.

not happy about this, the launcher is slow enough as is, really doesn't need some buggy hole randomly showing up :mad:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It's technically not a bug, it's just what happens when you hit opponent earlier so he comes out of blockstun earlier, creating a hole because followup doesn't come out earlier still.
Also I'm pertty sure it was said somewhere already, but rarely mentioned otherwise because F/T is still pretty obscure for a lot of people.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
"Safe" 3PnG in one "combo" setup.
@cR Biohazard This is what I was talking about.

You can also just go for the command grab and png after that, but getting that 3 might instill the fear of god or something. Who knows.

Last edited:

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
"Safe" 3PnG in one "combo" setup.
vid
@cR Biohazard This is what I was talking about.

You can also just go for the command grab and png after that, but getting that 3 might instill the fear of god or something. Who knows.
Ah I see what you meant now, I thought you were talking about extended juggling using the PnG cancel, that works fine if you smell blood

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Got a psudeo flawless earlier using the corpse hop run shenanigans after charge to reverse this guys wake up inputs twice. I highly recommend ending in charge whenever possible if you aren't going for corner carry because it is one of the hardest knockdowns in the game and hard knock downs are realllly good in this game. So yeah, Lackey is the shit

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I'll just keep dropping videos if I think they show the character off well so @cR Biohazard isn't the only one wrecking fools in here :D

I will also try to remember to record the next long offline set me and my roommate have to show some offline game play in an extended set with a few different match ups. He is a very good day 1 Reptile main so I'll put that up when I get the chance.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Alright here's an hour of me and my roommate playing Vicious F/T vs Stinky Reptile. We played some Lackey vs Stinky earlier but Twitch fucked up and didn't record it. Basically unless we can get Reptile to the corner quickly that can get rough because your fighting up hill through force ball zoning and stink guarantees the win when our health gets low enough so the comeback factor is minimal. With Vicious its a very unique match up for this game though. Ferra Toss down the middle can eliminate force balls and spit but he basically gets a force ball out if he either baits an early Ferra throw or knocks us down during the time Ferra is off our back. B121 is fairly consistent at breaking his slower armored claw and we gain a lot of meter on block with overhead Ferra being plus so I was using just spending meter on breaking full combos rather than armor. Anyway, feedback much appreciated. I know I'm free to run up throw but I blame that on the game's retarded throw tech requirements of letting go of block preemptively. Been playing too much online lately too so my F3 combos were fucking up. I thought Vicious would be best for this match up but seeing that Boss Toss isn't available to us often enough we can't even shut down the forceball game remotely often enough to base a gameplan on it so going Ruthless and just getting big damage when we can is probably the way to go for this match up. @cR Biohazard how often do you run this match up with @HoneyBee ? What are your guys experience with it?

Last edited:

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
Alright here's an hour of me and my roommate playing Vicious F/T vs Stinky Reptile. We played some Lackey vs Stinky earlier but Twitch fucked up and didn't record it. Basically unless we can get Reptile to the corner quickly that can get rough because your fighting up hill through force ball zoning and stink guarantees the win when our health gets low enough so the comeback factor is minimal. With Vicious its a very unique match up for this game though. Ferra Toss down the middle can eliminate force balls and spit but he basically gets a force ball out if he either baits an early Ferra throw or knocks us down during the time Ferra is off our back. B121 is fairly consistent at breaking his slower armored claw and we gain a lot of meter on block with overhead Ferra being plus so I was using just spending meter on breaking full combos rather than armor. Anyway, feedback much appreciated. I know I'm free to run up throw but I blame that on the game's retarded throw tech requirements of letting go of block preemptively. Been playing too much online lately too so my F3 combos were fucking up. I thought Vicious would be best for this match up but seeing that Boss Toss isn't available to us often enough we can't even shut down the forceball game remotely often enough to base a gameplan on it so going Ruthless and just getting big damage when we can is probably the way to go for this match up. @cR Biohazard how often do you run this match up with @HoneyBee ? What are your guys experience with it?

I found that Vicious did do best in the reptile MU. I find that you don't need to throw Ferra against reptile because he can blow up Ferra Toss and Bowl Girl on reaction with his EX Jumping claw move. Duck spit and you have enough time to punish him trying to do a Force Ball with Boss Toss. Since he's unsafe on his Meter Burn moves I like to respect him more on wake up and then punish him with our corner corner or the standard 21%. I'm sure you know about NJP losing to MB standing claw so we have to be careful using it on wake up or you can use a jump to bait out a wake up. Honestly haven't played the MU too much my bro doesn't play reptile that much and I found that cybernetic kano was really good in the MU so I usually played some Kano against his reptile.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
@MadeFromMetal Great matches, I think you just need to work on maxing out the damage that you can get when you get an NJP/Low/OH combo. Against Odysseus I found that he MB Superman punched a lot after blocking the Ferra Toss, so you have to look to bait that out more and punish. Also something that I find that you and I both do is not knowing whether or not the D3 hits or is blocked and trying to maintain pressure even when it is blocked. It allowed him to open you up a lot and is something we both need to work on. With Vicious you should be able to confirm if the B1 2 1 combo hits or is blocked and then either do the OH or Low Ferra's on block or boss toss on hit. An extra 5-6% with boss toss always helps.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Here is some high level F/T vs Jax footage.

@MadeFromMetal
@MadeFromMetal I see you rocking that F2 overhead block string good shit. Only thing I would add besides what Bio said is using raw Pain n gain in peoples faces as they get up if they have one hit wake ups to bait flash parry punishes in the corner. Just "meaty" pain n gain if you think they'll wake up and if Jax does superman punch for instance you just do a normal 11xxpain n gain F2 punish but now you'll have at least 2 stacks. Great matches though

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
@MadeFromMetal Great matches, I think you just need to work on maxing out the damage that you can get when you get an NJP/Low/OH combo. Against Odysseus I found that he MB Superman punched a lot after blocking the Ferra Toss, so you have to look to bait that out more and punish. Also something that I find that you and I both do is not knowing whether or not the D3 hits or is blocked and trying to maintain pressure even when it is blocked. It allowed him to open you up a lot and is something we both need to work on. With Vicious you should be able to confirm if the B1 2 1 combo hits or is blocked and then either do the OH or Low Ferra's on block or boss toss on hit. An extra 5-6% with boss toss always helps.
Yeah I really need to work on not inputting the entire string plus special at once. How would I go about practicing hit/block confirming off a move as fast as d3?

@MadeFromMetal I see you rocking that F2 overhead block string good shit. Only thing I would add besides what Bio said is using raw Pain n gain in peoples faces as they get up if they have one hit wake ups to bait flash parry punishes in the corner. Just "meaty" pain n gain if you think they'll wake up and if Jax does superman punch for instance you just do a normal 11xxpain n gain F2 punish but now you'll have at least 2 stacks. Great matches though
I actually do that a bit, for whatever reason I didn't that much in these matches. I'll have to work on that. Also, f2~db2 is godlike.

Thanks for the critique, fellas.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
Yeah I really need to work on not inputting the entire string plus special at once. How would I go about practicing hit/block confirming off a move as fast as d3?

I actually do that a bit, for whatever reason I didn't that much in these matches. I'll have to work on that. Also, f2~db2 is godlike.

Taught 'em everything he knows. (Wipes year from cheek)

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus

Taught 'em everything he knows. (Wipes tear from cheek)

cR Biohazard

Team Torr

Honestly I can't hit confirm it either, was trying it out today don't know if it's ingrained in my playstyle now or what but I can't not press more buttons after D3 :p