What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If anything, I'd love a brand new addition to the cast as the first reveal that isn't a guest character.
Like MK9 Skarlet? Yea that was hype, def would be down for that.

How do you know it's just one?
That "who's next?" from Boon was the marketing campaign when revealing characters one by one prerelease. Every time you saw it Lao was next, or Liu was next, or etc. Don't think it's gonna change now and all characters get shown. Also it coincides with the rumor that they are going to announce characters one per month into March, with Dec now being the 1st, then Jan Feb Mar.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
That "who's next?" from Boon was the marketing campaign when revealing characters one by one prerelease. Every time you saw it Lao was next, or Liu was next, or etc. Don't think it's gonna change now and all characters get shown. Also it coincides with the rumor that they are going to announce characters one per month into March, with Dec now being the 1st, then Jan Feb Mar.
Yeah but that was for main roster characters, DLC characters were all revealed in one go ;)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yeah but that was for main roster characters, DLC characters were all revealed in one go ;)
Hmm that is true. I forgot about that. Tough to say then. I hope that's the case. Then I'm expecting one of three things-

A) One character steps forward in the silhouette while the rest stay shadows. (Worst possible outcome)

B) A gameplay trailer for one character. (Tolerable outcome)

C) All 4 revealed. (Ideal outcome)

Though if the 4 is some turd combination like BoCho, Baraka, Nightwolf, and Guest Man X I'll be so disgusted that I wouldn't buy it lol.

Youphemism

Hmm that is true. I forgot about that. Tough to say then. I hope that's the case. Then I'm expecting one of three things-

A) One character steps forward in the silhouette while the rest stay shadows. (Worst possible outcome)

B) A gameplay trailer for one character. (Tolerable outcome)

C) All 4 revealed. (Ideal outcome)

Though if the 4 is some turd combination like BoCho, Baraka, Nightwolf, and Guest Man X I'll be so disgusted that I wouldn't buy it lol.
I mean I'm just hoping for Fujin really, otherwise I'm flat out dropping the game lol. Havik would be fucking great but I know they like to avoid the 3D era characters :DOGE I don't think we'd get a gameplay trailer this early, still too much to test and change before release I reckon. A is sadly quite likely but C is also very likely. Baraka is cool man! I also wouldn't mind Nightwolf too much. Bo Rai Cho however can autoerotically asphyxiate on his own puke for all I care.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I mean I'm just hoping for Fujin really, otherwise I'm flat out dropping the game lol. Havik would be fucking great but I know they like to avoid the 3D era characters :DOGE I don't think we'd get a gameplay trailer this early, still too much to test and change before release I reckon. A is sadly quite likely but C is also very likely. Baraka is cool man! I also wouldn't mind Nightwolf too much. Bo Rai Cho however can autoerotically asphyxiate on his own puke for all I care.
Yea I feel you. I strongly feel that both KP2 and whatever they patch with it will dictate what I do next with SFV around the corner. Some epic lineup like Noob Saibot, Sindel, Fujin, and New Character or something along those lines with a good balance patch (looking at you defense) would be badass and likely keep me playing until the end of the cycle.

But.

Some weak ass patch with a weak ass lineup headlined by BoRaiNo would likely have me hang it up for good lol.

ErMac333

Noob
I trully hope the silhouettes were just jokes and then Reiko steps up with an awesome design and variations based on a huge war arsenal, Ares style. Fujin is a must, Sareena is another kharacter I trully hope they put in the game. Kostume packs reveal would also be great :D

Youphemism

To be fair, Jason was revealed first all alone.
Yeah but they ended up revealing everyone a week later anyway so it's kinda irrelevant.
Yea I feel you. I strongly feel that both KP2 and whatever they patch with it will dictate what I do next with SFV around the corner. Some epic lineup like Noob Saibot, Sindel, Fujin, and New Character or something along those lines with a good balance patch (looking at you defense) would be badass and likely keep me playing until the end of the cycle.

But.

Some weak ass patch with a weak ass lineup headlined by BoRaiNo would likely have me hang it up for good lol.
Oh I'll still be picking up SFV, one way or another I'll be playing at least one windbender in 2016, I'm just hoping so hard that they haven't somehow found another stupid loophole that gives them ANOTHER way of not including him. As long as Fujin is in and I'm able to play him I'll be alright with this game.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Hmm. This could be a hint that some of the characters are either rivals in kp2 or mkx so far.
Baraka v. Bo' Rai Cho
Sareena v. Quan Chi
Fujin v. Shinnok
Noob Saibot v. Sub-Zero
Smoke v. Sektor

I'm beyond hype, I'm almost at the point where Ermac was revealed.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
If anything, I'd love a brand new addition to the cast as the first reveal that isn't a guest character.
I've thought of that before - I made a thread suggesting a new Elder God as a character, one that has not previously been seen in any MK game and one that is an enemy of Shinnok.

ErMac333

Noob
I've thought of that before - I made a thread suggesting a new Elder God as a character, one that has not previously been seen in any MK game and one that is an enemy of Shinnok.
Speaking of a direct Shinnok enemy, that would be Raiden already. But it would be cool to have other gods in the game too! I see a lot of potential in the next game maybe exploring more of Edenia with Argus, Rain and Tanya in the middle of it. If you think about it kinda makes sense, that woman possessing Jade seems a lot like Delia, maybe she saw a future in which Rain and Tanya are dooming Edenia and decided to possess Jade and go after Kitana and Sindel in order to wake them up and save Edenia.

Those MKMSZ elementals could also be further developed, would be pretty awesome.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Speaking of a direct Shinnok enemy, that would be Raiden already. But it would be cool to have other gods in the game too! I see a lot of potential in the next game maybe exploring more of Edenia with Argus, Rain and Tanya in the middle of it. If you think about it kinda makes sense, that woman possessing Jade seems a lot like Delia, maybe she saw a future in which Rain and Tanya are dooming Edenia and decided to possess Jade and go after Kitana and Sindel in order to wake them up and save Edenia.

Those MKMSZ elementals could also be further developed, would be pretty awesome.
yeah, the only roadblock with bringing more elder gods into the game is that the lore always states that they prefer to remain uninvolved in the realms, so I suppose the situation would have to get out of hand to the point where they said fuck it we're going in

trufenix

bye felicia
yeah, the only roadblock with bringing more elder gods into the game is that the lore always states that they prefer to remain uninvolved in the realms, so I suppose the situation would have to get out of hand to the point where they said fuck it we're going in
Canon's got dick to do with DLC. If Freddy Krueger can inexplicably become embroiled in the triffles of Outworld and Scorpion can one decide he wants to weigh in on Batman's conflict with Superman, there's no reason another Elder God can't decide to turn himself into a mortal for some illegitimate fisticuffs.

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
So yous all sit, stalk the fuck out of eyebrows and post on this whatever he posts on twitter?.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
So yous all sit, stalk the fuck out of eyebrows and post on this whatever he posts on twitter?.
The whole point of the thread is that if everyone who's on TYM a lot is occasionally just checking Eyebrow's Twitter and happen to see it, they can share it with everyone in this thread so we can discuss it or try and debunk any clues he throws out. It's a way to share information with a lot of people who have the same interest.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
In a world where we stare at our phones during all activities, isn't this a normal thing? I follow a lot of game reps on Twitter. They usually give info about games. You dont have to be stalking someone to check your newsfeed and see a tweet from 2 minutes ago. Its not like all the tweets posted are the same person just monitoring his life. Lol

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
In a world where we stare at our phones during all activities, isn't this a normal thing? I follow a lot of game reps on Twitter. They usually give info about games. You dont have to be stalking someone to check your newsfeed and see a tweet from 2 minutes ago. Its not like all the tweets posted are the same person just monitoring his life. Lol
It ain't anything derogatory just wanted to know if that's how this works and if you ask scot i type down or say anything in that sort of manner so by stalking i just mean on his page staring him down just waiting for him to draw like it's a fucking western showdown between southwood and wayne.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
It ain't anything derogatory just wanted to know if that's how this works and if you ask scot i type down or say anything that in that sort of manner so by stalking i just mean on his page staring him down just waiting for him to draw like it's a fucking western showdown between southwood and wayne.
I wish I could be you for a day. I'd love to see what it's like in your head with that imagination.