What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

you see that, boon wishes everyone could have their favourites but oh what can he do about it, not as if he's one of the creators in mk and can easily put them in the game.
Because Boon says "Put Sindel in!" and, automagically, a completed Sindel appears in game. It's not like allocating staff resources, budget, and time for design, animation, and balancing all while trying to maintain a profit has anything to do with the DLC process.

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
Because Boon says "Put Sindel in!" and, automagically, a completed Sindel appears in game. It's not like allocating staff resources, budget, and time for design, animation, and balancing all while trying to maintain a profit has anything to do with the DLC process.
Oh it's not as if they have already done some of it to put sindel in the campaign and budget ain't gonna be a problem.

Last edited:
Not even that amount of nrs's money about 2% of what was just said.
There's no putting sense in you when you are clearly just crying because you didn't get the toy you wanted. I didn't get the characters I wanted either but I'm not going to pretend that nrs/wb is a charity. I bet you're the type of person that takes advantage of their wealthier "friends"

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
There's no putting sense in you when you are clearly just crying because you didn't get the toy you wanted. I didn't get the characters I wanted either but I'm not going to pretend that nrs/wb is a charity. I bet you're the type of person that takes advantage of their wealthier "friends"
I didn't want any characters, i've got my characters and no i ain't that type of person, i give my friends money if they ask for it or not and i know they need it and don't expect anything back so nice try at being offensive but being offensive ain't for you.

I didn't want any characters, i've got my characters and no i ain't that type of person, i give my friends money if they ask for it or not and i know they need it and don't expect anything back so nice try at being offensive but being offensive ain't for you.
People always claim they do this and that but how am I supposed to believe them when they don't act like it?

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Which he could have done had the budget not been used on guest characters.

The new Leatherface movie is being released by Lionsgate (who, according to Wiki, are not related to WB) and we're not getting a new Alien movie for a bit. Tell me again how this benefits WB? No one is running to buy MKX for Leatherface...

-----------

EDIT: Removed unrelated bit because, On second thought, not getting into this. I'll let those two members duke it out.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Things are getting... Tense, in here. How about we all just keep on topic and stop arguing semantics or whatever. Who's hyped for which characters in the KP2? I'm pretty buzzed for Smoke.

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
Things are getting... Tense, in here. How about we all just keep on topic and stop arguing semantics or whatever. Who's hyped for which characters in the KP2? I'm pretty buzzed for Smoke.
just joking scotty don't get teary eyed about it. You are as doc says, great scot.

Last edited:

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Xenoraka > everyone else. Now, I'm only excited about the skin packs. That will be the deciding factor as to whether or not I'll get KP2 or just pick and choose.

Also, I hope there is no complete edition.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Xenoraka > everyone else. Now, I'm only excited about the skin packs. That will be the deciding factor as to whether or not I'll get KP2 or just pick and choose.

Also, I hope there is no complete edition.
There probably will be a complete/GOTY edition, they've been successful in the past I guess so why not?

Which he could have done had the budget not been used on guest characters.

The new Leatherface movie is being released by Lionsgate (who, according to Wiki, are not related to WB) and we're not getting a new Alien movie for a bit. Tell me again how this benefits WB? No one is running to buy MKX for Leatherface...
That's a very fair point. I do want to make one counterpoint though.

When you say "no one is running to buy MKX for Leatherface," they actually are. We have a deceiving sample population here at TYM because the people that post here are the hardcore MK fans; the ones that have been refreshing the page every day hoping for a reveal of the original MK characters. When you are solely exposed to opinion of the hardcore 10% at TYM, I understand how it may seem that no one gives two sh#ts about Leatherface. However, the TYM population probably reflects 10% of the total population playing MKX, tops. The other 90% are casual players who are just looking for a violent fighting game to play on their console. My friends at home are casual players. Sure, they knew Scorpion and Sub Zero. But trust me, they didn't recall who Noob Saibot or Ermac is, nor did they really care. But the moment I mentioned Predator is in the game, they jumped at the chance to try him out. Casual players love the guest characters. And if the anecdote doesn't do it for you, you can look at the statistics. Regarding DLC sales for the characters in KP1, I believe Jason sold the most, followed by Predator, then after a wider margin Tanya and Tremor. The same was true of Freddy when he was a guest character in MK9.

Overall, I can't blame NRS for taking the profitable route instead of the fan service route with KP2 (if they even had a choice). After all, it is a business. And I appreciate that they at least made an effort to please us hardcore MK fans at TYM (e.g. giving Alien Baraka's traits).

Last edited: