What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Exactly, i love Jade but i agree that she needs her own thing to shine. And they can do it. Mileena was just Kitana's evil clone until MK Gold - and started to shine on MK Deception. But her first time with no relation with Kitana is in MKX - which was good. I wish they didn't killed her - it would be nice to see a woman as the empress of Outworld for the first time.
My main has died before and come back and then you have her ladder ending which is hopefully semi canon (I don't need the Army of Mileena bit to be true lol). The fact is, they didn't want her to be the ruler of Outworld, I mean we have barely seen a thing regarding her rule except that Kotal and his band of losers thought she was unfit (unfairly, since why the fuck would they expect her to side with the people who had a hand in killing her father?).

I think out of this poll, Boon has come to see Jade is actually pretty popular. He probably classed her the same way he classed Rain, so hopefully they work their magic to greatly improve her.

It think they will make a watered down version of Mileena's ending cannon. They would not get rid of her.

I love what they have done to Kitana too. I do, however think they missed the boat a little with Mileena. I think that they could have made her a more ambiguous character rather than simply bad. I think it would have been good that she had been deposed not because she was a bad ruler, but because Kotal led a coup of some sort. I think that would have made the struggle between her and Kotal more of a long term thing.
I actually hate what they've done with Kitana. She's somehow managed to have no personality but at least she isn't Ms Goodie Two Shoes anymore. Revenant Kitana likes being under control for fucks sake! How pathetic for a Ninja Princess. Now she's queen of the Netherrealm, great... Who gives a shit. I have zero confidence I her and Kang's rule nor did I feel a threat.

As for Mileena, I love what they have done with her. She is no longer just that evil demented femme fatale (even though people oddly still treat her as such). To me, I don't see her as "bad". I see an heiress who lost her father and wants to rule in a way she thinks would make him proud. Everyone makes it out that she was a "bad" ruler/evil but I still have not seen one shred of evidence she was as bad as they say she was. They really dropped the ball on making us agree with Kotal and relied solely on us being familiar with Old Mileena.

Also, isn't the coup and long term struggle exactly what happened? MKX jumped through time but you were spoonfed that Mileena had this lengthy struggle in trying to get back the throne.

The point is, why make poll like this? Just to add trolling to the trolling.
A rough survey to see what characters people are crying for from those four.

I think it's safe to say Noob and Jade will be in the next game... As DLC. :p

Last edited:

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I actually hate what they've done with Kitana. She's somehow managed to have no personality but at least she isn't Ms Goodie Two Shoes anymore. Revenant Kitana likes being under control for fucks sake! How pathetic for a Ninja Princess. Now she's queen of the Netherrealm, great... Who gives a shit. I have zero confidence I her and Kang's rule nor did I feel a threat.

As for Mileena, I love what they have done with her. She is no longer just that evil demented femme fatale (even though people oddly still treat her as such). To me, I don't see her as "bad". I see an heiress who lost her father and wants to rule in a way she thinks would make him proud. Everyone makes it out that she was a "bad" ruler/evil but I still have not seen one shred of evidence she was as bad as they say she was. They really dropped the ball on making us agree with Kotal and relied solely on us being familiar with Old Mileena.

Also, isn't the coup and long term struggle exactly what happened? MKX jumped through time but you were spoonfed that Mileena had this lengthy struggle in trying to get back the throne.
I think differently about Kitana. I think it is her and Liu's chance to have extra depth - both are pissed off and both are formidable. You were saying that she was just some mind controlled Revenant, but you are missing the point that this set up the whole of the ending and likely the premise for MK11. The whole threat about Kang's rule is that he is the winner of the first 4 Mortal Kombats and therefore arguably the best fighter the game has ever seen.

As far as Mileena is concerned, it was made out that she was a bad Kahnium and a full rebellion was staged by Kotal rather than an underhanded coup. I just think it would have been better to have made her more of the innocent party out of it. She could still be evil, but be an ok ruler - I actually think that would have give her more depth

Kogia

Noob
Sindel, Rain & Fujin should have been in from the start, they should definitely be added as final fan favourites.

Noob & Skarlet would also be great additions, both offer a huge amount of variation possibilities that would be great to have added.

For people that have struggled to see where Skarlet could go, she has blood based powers, they could take her wherever the gore, or engine would have allowed.

Sacrifical Blood version - more moves where she damages herself to create interesting and powerful effects - buckets of possibilities.
Ninja version - more focus on her quick dagger based attacks.
Congealed version - blood tendrils extend her reach, the slide gains new properties.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I think differently about Kitana. I think it is her and Liu's chance to have extra depth - both are pissed off and both are formidable. You were saying that she was just some mind controlled Revenant, but you are missing the point that this set up the whole of the ending and likely the premise for MK11. The whole threat about Kang's rule is that he is the winner of the first 4 Mortal Kombats and therefore arguably the best fighter the game has ever seen.

As far as Mileena is concerned, it was made out that she was a bad Kahnium and a full rebellion was staged by Kotal rather than an underhanded coup. I just think it would have been better to have made her more of the innocent party out of it. She could still be evil, but be an ok ruler - I actually think that would have give her more depth
No, I understood that, it was still pretty stupid of a "twist" for me. Anywats, she flat out told Jax she enjoys being a Revenant which is, essentially, being one of Quan's little bitches. To me, that exchange left a bad taste in my mouth regarding this timeline's Kitana. Now she's the Queen and so full of angst and anger. Ok... I'm still not impressed. And I don't care about Kang to even bother with it. I'm not scared not worried about the fate of the universe as I was post-MK2011 as far as those two are concerned. The protagonist is Cassie, unless they pull a Deadly Alliance and kill her off, the world is fine against Kang and Kiki.

"It was made out..." yeah but we had gotten absolutely zero evidence she was actually a poor ruler other than Kotal and co's shade (and Kotal is an idiot so why trust him?). I also fail to see actual evidence presented that shows her as anything but "innocent" (what an odd word to use in Mortal Kombat). The Lion King did a great job showing how horrible Scar was as king but MKX did nothing of that sort for Mileena.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
So if they really would put Noob Saibot into the game, what would his 3 variations be?
There are literally endless possibilities you can do with Noob saiboot's powers.

Here is my take on how he would be in MKXL.

Universal moves:

Ghost ball
Teleslam
Clone tackle
Clone slide
Clone up knee

Variation one (portalmaster)

This variation gives noob ability to create portals on ground, portals stay on ground for 180frames but are blockable. If opponent is not blocking he gets sucked in and dropped in front of noob for combo.

Enhanced version is literally a vertical wall which destroys all enemy projectiles and sucks in jumping opponent.

He can place portal at close, mid and far.

Variation two (shadowmancer)

In this variation Noob can create weapons which are extension of his own body, similar to carnage (Spider-Man villain) and Alex mercer (Prototype)

The weapons are.
Scythe
Throwing stars
Sickles
Gundao

Variation three ( shadow-master)

In this variation Noob summons various type of shadow demons to assist him (sort of like Jackie estacado from darkness)

little shadow grimlin
shadow snake
Oh and little copy of noob himself
Etc.

^Really makes you wonder if they'll actually add him in now and eat their words about not including the same DLC in another game.
Not sure, but wasn't it something along the lines of "not letting you pay twice for the same DLC". That could mean if they go for Rain as DLC it would be free. Just speculations.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Personally, I'd love to see NRS add one character slot (get rid of the random select spot and just let us do U+start like before) as the story mode characters. So you'd have:

- Rain
- Sindel
- Fujin
- Sareena

Or whatever 4 they feel like. There would be no singular variations, each character just has one set of moves. Just like Triborg, but obviously far more varied. Giving this as a free DLC would be a great farewell gift to everyone who bought MKX, KP1 and KP2.

Or....just give me a fully fleshed out Reiko or Noob, because I don't really care about any of the story characters that weren't playable.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
SCREW ED BOON. MKX is my last NRS fighting game. Ever since NRS decided to give us the two most STUPID characters ever - Leatherface and Boraicho and didn't give us Noob Saibot and Havik, or Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung, or Sindel and Rain, or Kintaro and Scarlet I will forever hate, yes I said hate NRS. To this day I still refuse to buy Leatherface and Boraicho.

SCREW ED BOON. MKX is my last NRS fighting game. Ever since NRS decided to give us the two most STUPID characters ever - Leatherface and Boraicho and didn't give us Noob Saibot and Havik, or Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung, or Sindel and Rain, or Kintaro and Scarlet I will forever hate, yes I said hate NRS. To this day I still refuse to buy Leatherface and Boraicho.
don't worry there are tons of other people that will buy stupid non mk characters and they will keep them coming...

my guess is there will be guest character in the next mk main roster or there will be a pre-order bonus similar to goro

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
don't worry there are tons of other people that will buy stupid non mk characters and they will keep them coming...

my guess is there will be guest character in the next mk main roster or there will be a pre-order bonus similar to goro
Kinda ironic you're telling him that, given his avatar.
And MK9 did have a guest in the main roster too so that's nothing new.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Kinda ironic you're telling him that, given his avatar.
And MK9 did have a guest in the main roster too so that's nothing new.
Alien, Predator and Jason were the only awesome DLC characters NRS gave us. As for Goro, Tremor, the rockem-sockem-robots, and yes, even stupid Tanya, those should have been in the launch roster anyway and not as DLC. They could have at least given us Freddy again to match up with Jason like they did with AlienvsPredator. I wouls have even liked to have Deathstroke as a DLC character than Boraicho and leatherface.