What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

JDM

Noob
Problem with a lot of these characters is that other variations are actually another characters powers.

Spectral - Is sindel
Stunt Double - Noob
Mournful - Jade

A-List - Kabal :DOGE

I think a lot of these characters are pretty impossible to have in the game, unless they completely rework their playstyle or make it unique enough to justify a recycling of the same concept.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I hope he is collecting data for the next MK - but i doubt that. At launch for next game, male ninjas should be Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Rain and Noob Saibot. Females ninjas at launch: Kitana, Jade and Skarlet.
You know damn well better than to exclude the true heir to Outworld's throne but include that Felicia ninja Skarlet. The true empress shall be back; Her and her sister are like Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

The next game better have Jade and Tanya as well. Skarlet can stay out, I liked her initially in MK2011 but the comics really made her out to be an obnoxious tool. She was the epitome of a Felicia in it.

leoj89

Noob
Nah they should add Skarlet to the next one. Although move wise she's really similar to Takeda so idk.
Mkx needed at least two to three more females characters. Hurtboxes and all. lol

Problem with a lot of these characters is that other variations are actually another characters powers.

Spectral - Is sindel
Stunt Double - Noob
Mournful - Jade

A-List - Kabal :DOGE

I think a lot of these characters are pretty impossible to have in the game, unless they completely rework their playstyle or make it unique enough to justify a recycling of the same concept.
This^
Though I agree Sindel could fit in the Variation system smoothly. Characters like Skarlet I have no frigging clue how you'd make 3 fun variations.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
You could easily make some shit up for Noob.
Cage's stun double is pretty bare bones.

3 variations.
Shadow clones
Clone tackle, clone slide, clone throw from UMK3.
A bunch of clone normals similar to MK9

Weapon variation with a scythe similar to MK4. Generic, but effective, and you can do some cool shit with scythe twirling.

Black ice
Cyromancer powers, but with a neat black visual effect on the ice.
Slide, ice shower, MKVSDC grave teleport, polar blast from mythologies.

Non variation powers could include his regular teleport, disabler, ninja stars from MK4. Maybe portals, but those are always a waste since they suck.

Jade however, IDK.
Really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for her.
Sindel or Skarlet would be better choices.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Right? Saying you need to "scrape the bottom of the barrel" for Jade is such a cop out statement. Just say "I don't know" since she has more tools in her arsenal than Kitana does.

That's what we thought about Reptile before we saw his..."variations"
But, let's be super honest, the only variation to play for Sindel would be the one focused on her wonderweave.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I'm not a big fan of Kabal but i feel like he would work great in this game and his variations wouldn't be too hard to make, but probably to balance.

Hookswords - Like Ninjustu Scorpion he gets some exclusive hooksword strings, as well as his hooksword special from mk2011
Gas Mask type - He gains his Air Gas Blast with an MB Gascloud debuff that DoT, and the ability to MB his Sawblade to stop them in place.
Nomad - He gains his Raging Flash, He also gets his nomad's touch back, but as an anti-air, Also has a Jason like Teleport where he dashes backwards and appears at the other side of the screen.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Not true, it have happened before.

MK Deadly Alliance - Kitana, no Mileena
MK Deception - Mileena, no Kitana

I love both of them (and Jade, of coooooooooooooourse), but i wouldn't mind Mileena or Kitana missing one game. Since Kitana got such a big role at the very ending of MKX, i'd choose Kitana for next MK. Jade is a must. It would be even better if all of them is back - Kitana, Mileena and Jade. If there is room for Sub-Zero, Ermac, Reptile, Scorpion in one game - there also room for Kitana, Mileena, Jade and Skarlet all together.

I think from now on they will keep both Kitana and Mileena in all titles, at least as DLC. Mileena and Kitana have critical roles in the story line now and are massively popular.

Jade's storyline has basically been centered around being a friend of Kitana. She has never really done anything particularly critical / game changing story line wise. I think her role in the future is more precarious. I think she will be in the next one for sure, but I do not think she is a guaranteed character in each subsequent title unless they do something special with her in MK11. The main issue with her is that she looks great (which is why she is so popular), but is not particularly intriguing as a character.

I think from now on they will keep both Kitana and Mileena in all titles, at least as DLC. Mileena and Kitana have critical roles in the story line now and are massively popular.

Jade's storyline has basically been centered around being a friend of Kitana. She has never really done anything particularly critical / game changing story line wise. I think her role in the future is more precarious. I think she will be in the next one for sure, but I do not think she is a guaranteed character in each subsequent title unless they do something special with her in MK11. The main issue with her is that she looks great (which is why she is so popular), but is not particularly intriguing as a character.
Exactly, i love Jade but i agree that she needs her own thing to shine. And they can do it. Mileena was just Kitana's evil clone until MK Gold - and started to shine on MK Deception. But her first time with no relation with Kitana is in MKX - which was good. I wish they didn't killed her - it would be nice to see a woman as the empress of Outworld for the first time.

Also, loved Kitana as a evil character now. Her persona was very boring lately.

She is a "ninja character", this says it all. Look that poll. Skarlet was 2nd and guess why?! Ninja is the answer.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Pretty obvious Baraka and Noob are out for this game.

So gimme Kabal and Sindel and Fujin. I'd throw money at NRS.
boon wouldn't include him in a pole if he wasn't gonna be available.

id pay for:

Noob
Sindel
Kabal
Fujin
Jade

and kinda want a new never before seen MK character.

it could be a zoner/rushdown or space control character, or a combination of all i don't care. but a new character would be cool as all hell.

my favorite is space control characters so if noob came in and had shadow extensions to his strings that would be cool. and a couple decent projectiles and maybe something that restands them or delay juggles them. maybe somthing that comes out of the ground like an Enenra or demonic shadow that holds them in air for a short while so you can continue something.

maybe an ability to drop part of the enenra essence on the ground to allow setups.

IBreakemoffI

Shut Down!
He's not wrong. Everyone that didn't play Kabal hated him and thought he was a plague on MK9, rightfully so.
Well actually I played multiple other characters and tbh I would've rather fought kabal over Kung Lao, sonya, and countless other characters. People who never played such an amazing designed character can't have gained the appreciation of him. If you never tried him how can you have an opinion? Trust me by not playin him you wronged yourselves but the ones who played kabal and experienced it shouldn't being punished.

IBreakemoffI

Shut Down!
he wasn't just hated,.. he was despised and the people that played him were only a step above cheaters in the eyes of many. It left such a bad taste in peoples mouths that I would put money on not seeing a new version even in mk11.
Well I knew many mk9 greats that beat my kabal consistently. People learned how to play him. How can it be cheating when it took crazy time to get good with him? My left hand still hurts to this day from all the dash cancels and instant air gas blasts and it took time to be great with him. No easy task to play kabal. Plus you could poke out of the pressure, sry mk9 didn't have as good of a training mode as mkx has. At the end of the day you had to have flawless execution and that is the reason I picked kabal up. Everyone said he was the hardest to learn so I learned him and I can never forget playing him it was a true gift from the gods!

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Exactly, i love Jade but i agree that she needs her own thing to shine. And they can do it. Mileena was just Kitana's evil clone until MK Gold - and started to shine on MK Deception. But her first time with no relation with Kitana is in MKX - which was good. I wish they didn't killed her - it would be nice to see a woman as the empress of Outworld for the first time.

Also, loved Kitana as a evil character now. Her persona was very boring lately.

She is a "ninja character", this says it all. Look that poll. Skarlet was 2nd and guess why?! Ninja is the answer.
It think they will make a watered down version of Mileena's ending cannon. They would not get rid of her.

I love what they have done to Kitana too. I do, however think they missed the boat a little with Mileena. I think that they could have made her a more ambiguous character rather than simply bad. I think it would have been good that she had been deposed not because she was a bad ruler, but because Kotal led a coup of some sort. I think that would have made the struggle between her and Kotal more of a long term thing.