What's new

Guide The Destroyer of Worlds. Doomsday Guide.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
Hey guys, do any of you know how to switch button layout while on xbl?
I know we can exit xbl and go to settings but to constantly do that between friends that are switching off online is a little tedious...

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Can you still change button layout while in character select screen in xbl? If that doesn't work I don't believe there is any other way

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Sup fellows, just stoping by to share some findings:

1. s.3 xx ES [MB] combos everytime against non-flying characters. That's right, there's no need to do J D+3 beforehand for it to work against this type of characters. It might not work consistently in the corner due to spacing.

2. Venom [MB] IS NOT +6 on block. After testing against Flash's Flying Uppercut (i6) I found the second charge of Venom [MB] is around +2~3. I was able to do a d+1 (i7) follow up, but it hit Flash airborne meaning Flash's special had time to startup; if it truly was +6 it would have hit on block. I also tested with DD's second fastest attack s.1 (i10) and it was beaten by Flash's FU everytime.

3. 1 1 2 and 1 1 3 block advantage seems to be wrong by 1 frame. Same testing scenario I used for Venom [MB]. They are listed as +3 and +2 on block respectively, when in reality they are more like +2 and +1.

4. F3 / F3 [MB] is looking like a corner pressure replacement. Since Venom [MB], and his go-to strings aren't actually as advantageous as initially thought, F3 is a good substitute to pressure. In the corner the pushback when blocked is reduced leaving DD in great position to do whatever mix up he pleases: strings, d+1, d+3, ES, Venom, Supernova, etc. And if it isn't blocked you can do: J D+3, 2 3 D+1 xx Supernova for 32% as follow up.

Obviously DD lost some of it's perceived strenght, but is not a big hit. What worries me is what NRS has in store for him in terms of ES. Let's be honest, they will tweak that attack sooner or later. IMO, the best fix without making it useless is changing it into a non-knockdown attack.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
you really think so?
It seems like the cool reasonable thing to do would be to give the game at least 4-5 months before even considering a patch...

We all know the truth; the majority of players who complain about this or that are just expressing how DIFFICULT it is for them to find solutions and isn't a reliable indication as to whether something is truthfully too strong or too weak, especially a game this young.

All of us here play Doomsday and WE KNOW that he's not op and that he has holes and COULD be countered pretty effecitevly with the right insight, the only missing component in this equation are those other players on the receving end of Doosmday not asking question not going into training mode and not spending the time addressing the character.

Bleh~ Rant over
I hope that NRS have people there with good heads on their shoudlers and do the right thing and WAIT before touching the game.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Pardon my lack of knowledge; What is Jip? Jump in Place?
I see combos where it's jip, 1,2,3 but what do you jump in place to hit-stun into 1,2,3?
Trying to do damn STAR labs crap. Need to do a %40 on GL...

cyke_out

Noob

cyke_out

Noob

1. s.3 xx ES [MB] combos everytime against non-flying characters. That's right, there's no need to do J D+3 beforehand for it to work against this type of characters. It might not work consistently in the corner due to spacing.

2. Venom [MB] IS NOT +6 on block. After testing against Flash's Flying Uppercut (i6) I found the second charge of Venom [MB] is around +2~3. I was able to do a d+1 (i7) follow up, but it hit Flash airborne meaning Flash's special had time to startup; if it truly was +6 it would have hit on block. I also tested with DD's second fastest attack s.1 (i10) and it was beaten by Flash's FU everytime.

3. 1 1 2 and 1 1 3 block advantage seems to be wrong by 1 frame. Same testing scenario I used for Venom [MB]. They are listed as +3 and +2 on block respectively, when in reality they are more like +2 and +1.

4. F3 / F3 [MB] is looking like a corner pressure replacement. Since Venom [MB], and his go-to strings aren't actually as advantageous as initially thought, F3 is a good substitute to pressure. In the corner the pushback when blocked is reduced leaving DD in great position to do whatever mix up he pleases: strings, d+1, d+3, ES, Venom, Supernova, etc. And if it isn't blocked you can do: J D+3, 2 3 D+1 xx Supernova for 32% as follow up.

Obviously DD lost some of it's perceived strenght, but is not a big hit. What worries me is what NRS has in store for him in terms of ES. Let's be honest, they will tweak that attack sooner or later. IMO, the best fix without making it useless is changing it into a non-knockdown attack.

I can confirm your frame testing. MB venom is at most 3 or 4 frames. It still a gaurenteed d1 into ES on most characters if they do anything but block or back dash. even Lex, he has a 6 frame reversal but he is not airborne, so he can't corp charge after MB venom.

SoVi3t

Noob
if they touch supernova or ES, they better buff the shit out of his other moves, and give him lows, because they will have nerfed him to death with those ideas. Either way, probably best for conversations like this to be in Gen Chat

Can we get some Pressure write up or general strategies? I still feel like Im mashing when I play Doomsday, lol. What do after a MB shoulder charge? Options off 3 or 33, any Supernova setups. What strings to use ES with, etc.. Anything like this would be great!
Lol, sorry I keep saying that I will post general strategies soon, but I have been so busy training for Toryuken. I should have free time this week to really get some strats down on my third post in this guide.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Gotta correct you on that it has to be +6 on block because after a MB venom i can sweep flash out of his fling upper D+3 = i11 after a MB venom d+3 = i5 and i can cleanly take flash out of his flying upper.

Because DD's standing 1 is a high that might be what is causing weird shit a lot of hitboxes in this game are fucked

cyke_out

Noob
Gotta correct you on that it has to be +6 on block because after a MB venom i can sweep flash out of his fling upper D+3 = i11 after a MB venom d+3 = i5 and i can cleanly take flash out of his flying upper.

Because DD's standing 1 is a high that might be what is causing weird shit a lot of hitboxes in this game are fucked
then flash's flying uppercut must become airborne insantlty, as a d1 after MB venom knocks flash to the ground.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 

Didn't consider hitboxes. Then I gotta test it with Lex's Charge. Thanks for clearing this up. :)

cyke_out

Noob
Lol, sorry I keep saying that I will post general strategies soon, but I have been so busy training for Toryuken. I should have free time this week to really get some strats down on my third post in this guide.
Seriously, how you dare practice and then go on and win a major without helping poor scrubs like me first.

Hitage

Noob
Since doomsday relies heavily on meter, how are you guys building meter? Any specials or normals I should use that give more meter?

I updated the combos to add damage if you choose to MB your special move after you start your combo.

Hopefully by this Friday I can go through all these posts and add everyone's viable combo's to the front page. You know what would really help me is after I read a post if I could hide it from my view so I can know where I left off when updating the combos. I will probably just have to write down on paper where I left off.

Since doomsday relies heavily on meter, how are you guys building meter? Any specials or normals I should use that give more meter?
Yes I will be adding meter building soon. Man there is so much I want to add I wish I would have reserved 5 slots in the beginning :)

cyke_out

Noob
Just make a new thread, write everything you want to a word document, copy the shit you have the forums and then paste and if anyone complains about multiple threads cluttering the forum, just smash them through the earth.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!

1. s.3 xx ES [MB] combos everytime against non-flying characters.
Non flying characters? What does this mean exactly?

3 xx Es MB, does this work on more than half of the cast? or fewer than half the cast?
would you list this for us?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 

3 xx Es MB, does this work on more than half of the cast? or fewer than half the cast?
I guess I should have reworded it as "non-floating"; chars like NW, Batman, DS, GA, etc.

Characters standing on their feet can be combo'd by 3 xx ES [MB] without a J D+3.

cyke_out

Noob

It means guys whose feet doesn't touch the ground. superman, wonder woman, green lantern, sinistro, Raven.. Zod.