What's new

Guide The Destroyer of Worlds. Doomsday Guide.

TheRyzzl

Noob
for combos are we adding some for interactables? I got a really easy one for mid-screen. JiD3, 3, DF 2, MB, 3, interact, 3, DF 1. Thats 40% with one meter.

My matches from the break tournament, I'd like some advice on what I should have done in this match up. First time fighting frost so i was really caught off guard.

Thanks!

Bouncepogo

UWOTM8
My matches from the break tournament, I'd like some advice on what I should have done in this match up. First time fighting frost so i was really caught off guard.

Thanks!
I think you just got a bit predictable overall with your ES you were using it pretty much constantly and once he found a way to counter it you were eating some big combos. The killer frost player wasn't doing anything massively tricky to open you up so if you'd have been a bit more random (which is where doomsday shines IMO) with sweeps, bodysplash, empty jumps, his 50/50 strings, his 3,3, meaty frametraps then i think it would have been a different story.

I updated the special move section last night to include meter building data for all my fellow Doomies and Sheevelings. Tonight I want to work on meter building data for Doomsday's strings. Much to do!

Thanks!
Put this in the video footage of Doomsday thread http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/good-doomsday-footage.29936/#post-833156 created by Fractured_Shadow. And I'll watch it and comment on it there.

Mestizo3

Noob
Can someone explain to me what I'm supposed to do when I have his trait armor activated? I've seen how GGA Jeremiah uses it, only when he doesn't have meter because meter burned special moves don't come out with it on, but I'm not clear on what I should be doing exactly with those 7 or so seconds with it on, since I can still be hit and combo'd

cyke_out

Noob
Nice meter building techniques for doomsday specials. I may have to use some whiffed air throw's when on the other side of the screen.

When I have trait active, I am more liberal with my unsafe meterless venom and supernova's, it helps me get in and if the opponent blocks my venom, or dashes the supernova, I don't get combo'ed to death.

Mestizo3

Noob
When I have trait active, I am more liberal with my unsafe meterless venom and supernova's, it helps me get in and if the opponent blocks my venom, or dashes the supernova, I don't get combo'ed to death.
But if you do an unsafe venom with trait on, they can still combo you and you still take damage right? You just can't get knocked down, so are you waiting for them to finish their combo and you punish with your own?

But if you do an unsafe venom with trait on, they can still combo you and you still take damage right? You just can't get knocked down, so are you waiting for them to finish their combo and you punish with your own?
It's not technically a combo, because even on hit you can start blocking unless of course you are airborne (you will keep getting hit until you land and can block.) In fact unsafe strings become full combo punishable by Doomsday because he has almost no hit stun.

EXAMPLE: I use my trait and am fighting against Aquaman. He knows he has to keep Doomsday off of him while my trait is active so after I dash in he starts his trident spamming move, to buy him more time he does the meter burn version, even though I got hit by it I can start blocking. As his meter burn version of trident spam draws to a close let go of block and take the last couple of hits, when he is done you can full combo punish him :)

Mestizo3

Noob
Ah interesting! So for Aquaman you start blocking his hundred hands slap, then purposefully get hit for the last few hits, then full combo punish him. For other characters do you do the same thing (block then get hit)? Or do you just get hit for the full combo since you don't know what combo they're going for, and blocking could mean not being able to punish if they do a short one.

Also what full combo punish do you normally do? Thanks for the info it helps a lot.

Ah interesting! So for Aquaman you start blocking his hundred hands slap, then purposefully get hit for the last few hits, then full combo punish him. For other characters do you do the same thing (block then get hit)? Or do you just get hit for the full combo since you don't know what combo they're going for, and blocking could mean not being able to punish if they do a short one.

Also what full combo punish do you normally do? Thanks for the info it helps a lot.
Yes, you take the last hit against aquaman and you can full combo. BUT you have to have activated your trait beforehand or else it is too late.

For other characters yes, if your trait is activated you can full combo on unsafe strings, and others. List should be coming out in a while after my guide is more robust.

I will also be adding punish combos in the guide as well. Right now for -9 or less I punish with d1 into es for 13%. For -10 to -13 I do the basic 1,2,3, xx DF3 combo for 19%. For -14 or greater I guess the best would be 2,2, DF2, MB, D2, B3, J3, 2,3 DF3 for wow that one isn't in my guide yet... man I have been slacking. Sigh. Ok hopefully big update soon.

REYTHEGREAT

i feel like doomsday struggles against Raven. or im just not knowing how to fight her. she can spam that tele squish move all day and it will catch doomsday jump in in, moving or even doing his elbow drop move.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
37% 1 bar - JIPd3, 3, ES MB, D2, B3, dash 23 Air Snatch.
Sorry for the bad quality, but heres a swaggy combo imo. Ends with Air Snatch and puts the opponent in the same direction as the combo started pushing them closer to the corner. Who says Doomsday has no style lol,

I will also be adding punish combos in the guide as well. Right now for -9 or less I punish with d1 into es for 13%. For -10 to -13 I do the basic 1,2,3, xx DF3 combo for 19%. For -14 or greater I guess the best would be 2,2, DF2, MB, D2, B3, J3, 2,3 DF3 for wow that one isn't in my guide yet... man I have been slacking. Sigh. Ok hopefully big update soon.
Are there any input techniques (double tapping? Plinking? Mashing..lol?) That would make the 2,2, mb es, d2, b3 juggle more consistent? I've been working on it for a while and I still can't do it at a rate that approaches consistency

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Are there any input techniques (double tapping? Plinking? Mashing..lol?) That would make the 2,2, mb es, d2, b3 juggle more consistent? I've been working on it for a while and I still can't do it at a rate that approaches consistency
Its all timing, you have hit the inputs as soon as each previous animation has finished. If you smash the inputs most the time the inputs will come out too slow. I'm guilty of smashing so this is hard to pull off for me. I usually skip the B3 and end with 23D1 Venom for 35% if you count a splash. That ender is way easier.

I want to get it down, because I believe that 2,3, mb es, d2, b3, walk forward a bit, j3, d3 is possibly Doomsday's best combo. The oki from it is pretty insane really.

Ulturas

Noob
With slips combo you can get an extra 2% with air snatch MB if you do air snatch just after the JI3 also makes it untechable.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Yeah I think it's going to be a general strategy to wait until trait is ready to fight against certain matchups. I know I like having it when I'm going against Aquaman

Yeah very soon I am going to color code the combos by difficulty. Right now I am leaning that the 2,2 mb es, d2, b3 combo is not tourmament viable.

On a side note... I was working on the meter building portion for Doomsday last night and found some weird things. I am going to start a new thread on Doomsday meter building to get everything ironed out, and then I will also include the info in here.

cyke_out

Noob
Yeah very soon I am going to color code the combos by difficulty. Right now I am leaning that the 2,2 mb es, d2, b3 combo is not tourmament viable.

On a side note... I was working on the meter building portion for Doomsday last night and found some weird things. I am going to start a new thread on Doomsday meter building to get everything ironed out, and then I will also include the info in here.
Skeletal Minion was hitting the jip d3, 3, ES MB quite a bit at last week's ATL event. he placed second to Pig's Sinistro. I seem to have no issues hitting that combo off of a jump-in, but without the jump-in the timing for d2, b3 after an ES MB is a little off, even on non-floating characters

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
37% 1 bar - JIPd3, 3, ES MB, D2, B3, dash 23 Air Snatch.
Sorry for the bad quality, but heres a swaggy combo imo. Ends with Air Snatch and puts the opponent in the same direction as the combo started pushing them closer to the corner. Who says Doomsday has no style lol,
Made it better jip, 3, es mb, b3, dash, 3 air snatch - 39%

Skeletal Minion was hitting the jip d3, 3, ES MB quite a bit at last week's ATL event. he placed second to Pig's Sinistro. I seem to have no issues hitting that combo off of a jump-in, but without the jump-in the timing for d2, b3 after an ES MB is a little off, even on non-floating characters
The jump d3, 3 combo is WAY easier than the jump d3, 2,2 combo because the 3 lifts the character off of the ground and gives you more time to follow up.

The jump d3, 3 combo I feel is tournament viable.

cyke_out

Noob
The jump d3, 3 combo is WAY easier than the jump d3, 2,2 combo because the 3 lifts the character off of the ground and gives you more time to follow up.

The jump d3, 3 combo I feel is tournament viable.
It's a shame that 3 ES MB doesn't work on floaters without the jip d3, it's be nice to have a 14 frame punish without using 2