What's new

Guide The Destroyer of Worlds. Doomsday Guide.

Legend
1 = Light Attack
2 = Medium Attack
3 = Heavy Attack
MB = Meter Burn Button.
B = Back (Away from opponent)
F = Forward (Towards opponent)
+ = Press both inputs at the same time
U = Unblockable
Jip = Jump in punch

Doomsday's Special Moves.

Air Snatch DF 1. Excellent Anti Air Grab that starts up in 6 frames. This move only works on airborne opponents and on hit will reverse positions with your opponent. 11% damage for the normal version, 19% damage with MB. Also the MB version will give you more time for setups. Like crossing your opponent over, or doing a low combo starter for example. On hit opponent cannot tech roll. +46 on hit, +103 on hit MB. Whiff 27 frames recovery.
13 whiffs builds 1 bar. 6 hits build 1 bar.

Venom DF 3. A mid attack that starts up in 15 frames, where Doomsday dashes towards the opponent. This move is -9 on block but the MB version adds another hit and it gives Doomsday +6 frames on block. 8% damage for normal version, 18% for MB. On hit opponent can tech roll. 2% chip, MB does 2.25% chip for a total of 4.25% chip. +50 on hit, -9 on block, Whiff 20 frames recovery.
13 whiffs builds 1 bar. 7 hits builds 1 bar. 6 blocks builds 1 bar.

Air Venom DB 3. A mid attack where Doomsday flies in the air. Use this if opponents keep jumping back and away from you. The MB version adds a down trajectory hit after the up one. If just the MB part of the move hits a standing opponent, and crosses them over then it can lead to a combo. 7% damage for the normal version. 15% for MB version if both attacks hit. On hit opponent can tech roll. 1.88% chip, MB does 1.63% chip for a total of 3.51% chip.
13 whiffs builds 1 bar. 7 hits builds 1 bar. 6 blocks builds 1 bar.

Earth Shake DF 2. A 2 hit attack. The first hit is an Overhead and the second hit is a low. People will complain about this move at first but with practice both hits can be blocked. The MB version lowers the hit to just 1 low attack but it will launch for a full combo. For the normal version of Earth Shake on hit it does 12% damage, but if they only block one of the attacks the overhead will do 10% damage or the low will do 2% damage. The MB version does 10% plus whatever your follow up combo will do. The normal ES on hit the opponent cannot tech roll. The MB version on hit the opponent can tech roll if you drop the follow up combo. Regular version does 2.25% + 1.25% chip for a total of 3.5% chip. MB version does 2.25% chip.
13 whiffs builds 1 bar. 6 hits builds 1 bar. 5 blocks builds 1 bar.

Supernova DB 2. A 2 hit attack that is a Mid and then an unblockable. The normal version will always land Doomsday slightly in front of where he took off from. The MB version will auto track the opponent and land with unblockable damage. People will also complain about this move early on, but with practice the opponent can either backdash or forward dash and Doomsday will whiff and eat a full combo punish. Normal version does anywhere from 7-11% depending on if both hits hit, or just one. The MB version does 9-13% depending on if both hits hit or not. On hit opponent cannot tech roll. The first hit does 1.63% chip and 7% unblockable on the 2nd hit. MB version does 1.63% chip and 9% unblockable on the 2nd hit.
13 whiffs builds 1 bar. 7 hits with just 2nd part hitting, 1 bar. 6 with both hits builds 1 bar. 5 blocks builds 1 bar.

Doomsday's Strings. I will cover the inputs, the height the input will be, if you are able to cancel into a special, and the naked damage of a string (all opponents can tech roll unless otherwise stated.)

1,1. High, Mid. Can Cancel. 5% damage. .17% chip. 24 hits builds 1 bar.

1,1,2. High, Mid, Overhead. Cannot Cancel. 11% damage. .4% chip. 11 hits builds 1 bar. 3 blocks builds 1 bar.

1,2. High, Mid. Can Cancel. 5% damage. .17% chip

1,2,3. High, Mid, Overhead. Cannot Cancel, but on hit the opponent will bounce off of the ground for a Venom followup. 13% damage. .47% chip

b1,3. Overhead, Mid. Cannot Cancel, but opponent cannot tech roll either. 12% damage. .39% chip

2,2. Mid, Mid. Can Cancel. 6% damage. .2% chip

2,2, 1+3. Mid, Mid, U. Cannot Cancel, but opponent cannot tech roll either. 15% damage. 10.2% damage if the opponent blocks and the grab hits.

2,3. Mid, Mid. Can Cancel. 6% damage. .2% chip

2,3,D1. Mid, Mid, Overhead. Can Cancel. 12% damage. .43% chip

f2,3. Overhead, Mid. Can Cancel. 10% damage. .32% chip

b2,3. Mid, Overhead. Can Cancel. 8% damage. .26% chip

b2,3,1. Mid, Overhead, Mid. Can Cancel. 14% damage. .49% chip

3,3. Mid, Mid. Cannot Cancel. 15% damage. .53% chip

List of enders where opponent cannot tech roll.
Air Snatch
Earth Shatter (only if the 2nd hit also hits)
Supernova
b1,3
2,2 1+3
b2
d3

Last edited:
BNB Combos: I will keep this section updated with any new combos that we find and I will give proper credit to those who find the combo. As of now these are my early combos that I found with Doomsday, hopefully there are much better ones out there!

Midscreen Combos.
High Starters
1,2,3 xx DF 3. 19% MB adds 8% damage for 27%

Mid Starters
2,2 DF 2. 17% MB extends combo
2,3,d1, DF 3. 19% MB adds 7% for 26%
b2,3,1 DF 3. 19% MB adds 7% for 26%
b2,3,1 DB 3. 19% MB adds 5% for 24%

Overhead Starters
f2,3 DF 3. 17% MB adds 9% for 26%

Low Starters with 1 bar of meter.
DF 2, MB, d2, b3, j3, 2,3 DF 3. 29%
DF 2, MB 2,3,d1 DF 3. 25%

Midscreen Jump in Punch Combos. Jip will be the Body Splash move (D3).
Jip, 1,2,3, xx DF 3. 27% MB adds 8% for 35%
Jip, 2,2, DF 2. 25% MB extends combo
Jip, 2,3,d1, DF 3. 27% MB adds 7% for 34%
Jip, f2,3, DF 3. 25% MB adds 8% for 33%
Jip, b2,3, DF 2. 26% MB whiffs don't use
Jip, b2,3,1, DF 3. 27% MB adds 7% for 34%
Jip, b2,3,1, DB 3. 27% MB adds 5% for 32%

Midscreen Jump in Punch Combos. 1 bar of meter.
Jump d3, 3, DF 2, MB, b3, JP 3, 2,3 DF 3. 42% (credit: Slips)
Jump d3, 3, DF 2, MB, d2, b3, JP 3, 2,3 DF 3. 39% (GGA Jeremiah)
Jump d3, 3, DF 2, MB, d2, b3, JP 3, DF 3. 37% (I used the template from Metzos)

Corner Combos.
1,2,3 1,2,3 d1, db2. 32% MB adds 1% for 33%
1,2,3 2,3,d1, db2. 30% MB adds 1% for 31%
1,2,3 xx DB 2. 22%
2,3,d1 DF 2. 22% MB extends combo
b2,3,1 DF 2. 22% MB whiffs don't use

Corner Jump in Punch Combos. Jip will be the Body Splash move (D3).
Jip, 1,2,3, xx d1, d1, df2. 33% MB whiffs don't use
Jip, 2,2, DF 2. 25% MB extends combo
Jip, 2,3,d1, DF 2. 30% MB extends combo
Jip, f2,3, DF 2. 30% MB whiffs don't use
Jip, b2,3,1, DF 2. 30% MB whiffs don't use
Jip, 1,2,3 2,3,d1, DB 2. 38% MB adds 1% for 39% (Credit: GGA Jeremiah)
Jip, 1,2,3 1,2,3, d1, DB 2. 39% MB adds 1% for 40% (Credit: FrothyOmen)
1 bar of meter
Jip, 1,2,3, 3, DF 2, MB, b2,3,1, DF 3. 44% (Credit TONY-T)
Jip, 1,2,3, 3, DF 2, MB, 2,3,d1, DF 3. 43% (An easier version of Tony-T's)
Jip, 1,2,3, 2,3,d1, DF3, MB. 42%

B3 combos
B3, j3, 2,3,d1, DF3. 32% MB adds 5% for 37%

F3 Combos
f3, b2,3,d1, DF3. 25% MB adds 5% for 30%

Position Reverse Combos
Jump d3, 2,2,1+3. 23%
b3, j3, 2,2,1+3. 29%
b3, j3, DF1. 27%
1 bar of meter
Jump d3, 3, DF 2, MB, d2, b3, JP 3, DF 1. 38% (Credit: Metzos)
Jump d3, 3, DF 2, MB, b3, j3, DF 1. 41% (Credit: Metzos)
DF 2, MB, d2, b3, j3, DF 1. 28%

Rajjaka

Urriapáh !!
the one i like to do in the corner is.... jump in d3, 123, d1 df2MB,1,123,db2 for 38% i guess... cant really remember the damage, you cant mix it up with interact or stage transitions.

-----------------
You are weak !!

Doomsday seems to have low combo ability. Hits hard but you definitely need meter to extend combos, which doesn't synergize well with also needing meter to get in effectively against good zoners.

Rajjaka

Urriapáh !!
from my point of view... Doomsday is one of the meter depending character in difference with the most of the cast. The other dudes charges the meter really damn fast but Doomsday doesnt. If you use 2 bars to get extra 8% or 10% extra damage with bouncing during a combo doesnt seem very clever to me so far. I rather use the MB drop 2 times to get preassure and a better unbloackable damage (using it carefully of course) than waste it in a combo. Rarely i got the full bar for the earth violation super.

Yea, it might be better to stick to the ~25% meterless. Although I'm sure someone will eventually approach 40% with one bar, which might be worth it

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Doomsday seems to have low combo ability. Hits hard but you definitely need meter to extend combos, which doesn't synergize well with also needing meter to get in effectively against good zoners.
People need to understand that not every character in this game is meant to do 40% midscreen after touching you once. It's why the characters have other tools...

Damage comes in multiple forms.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Figured i'd post some DD BnB's. Btw i have the promo version of the game so plz feel free to correct any wrong damage numbers on the combos, if any. GGA Jeremiah.

One meter combo starter 39% dmg. Jp D3, 3, Ex ES, D2, B3, jp3, Air snatch.

There is a 42% dmg combo as well with one bar, but its a bit tricky. It goes like this. Jp D3, 3, Ex ES, B3, jp3, Air snatch.

There is also one more which does 48% dmg, but it requires 4 bars, but i dont think its worth it unless you go for the kill.

Jp D3, 3, Ex ES, 3, B B interact button (cannot remember the name of the move cancel), jp3, Ex Air snatch.

Also a corner combo with one bar as well.

Jp D3, 3, Ex ES, D2, 3, AS. Cannot remember the dmg though, but its above 30% dmg i think.

Another corner combo. Jp D3, 123, 3, Ex ES, D2, 3, AS. I think its over 30% dmg from what i remember and finishing it with AS provides a really good oki game for DD. From what i ve seen though d2 really scales a lot his combos, so perhaps i ll stop using it in my combos.

Also, about DD's gamestyle. Doomsday might not have high dmg out put, but his pressure is scary. Like, scary. Seriously. His trait rocks and his frame traps are ridiculous, if used correctly. He is really high tier for sure. He has really good pressure and he is also a very good punisher as well, with really good comeback factor.

Post edited.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
Weird
Close fierce xx Ex ES doesn't seem to connect unless it's preceded by a body splash...

If this becomes the case, I suppose we'll have to find out another way to start a combo given a 'punish' situation
unless enough time is given that DD can body splash.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
LOL. The most powerful character in the game deals the lowest damage. GG, NRS.
If he delt more damage he would be broken as hell lol.... people need to realize that higher damaging combos does not equal better. Doomsday's strength rest in his corner pressure, smother factor, and high low game.... His f2, 1 ~ SuperNova or Ground Pound or Shoulder Charge is one of the best footsie tools I've found in the game, his corner game is better than anybody else's at this point, and his B1, 3 is +7 on block.... Not to mention he has one of the BEST JI's in the game.... his JIP D+3 variation crushes AA's like it is cool.....

Doomsday is NOT the charcter that will be doing 85% combos, but he IS the character that will constantly be hiting you for 25%

EDIT: Not to mention that his AA options are fan-fucking-tastic.... if you haven't noticed. With JIP's being as strong as they are, a great AA game goes a LOOOONG way in Injustice.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Well it seems a little presumptuous to post a guide on day one, but it seems to be a make as you go sortoff thing.
GGA Jeremiah
Let's make this a community guide since I'm sure we can all find stuff together.
My little bit I can add right now is...
112 the final hit of this string does 6% chip I'm not sure if this is an error but that is it looks right now.
Earth shake appears to be safe against at least a good portion of the cast mid screen. This will make it good to strap on to pokes; d1 Earth Shake.
Main pressure mixup is 22 earth shake or the unblockable grab.
Mini-combo- 3 d1 venom (15%) or super nova (17%) in the corner; this is in case you use it to pressure an opponent and it hits. Kinda like 21 d4 slide for Sub-Zero.
Edit: Also Doomsday has like the best normal throw range ever in fact it seems they nerfed from where it was since the hitbox ends a bit shorter than his arm.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
If he delt more damage he would be broken as hell lol.... people need to realize that higher damaging combos does not equal better. Doomsday's strength rest in his corner pressure, smother factor, and high low game.... His f2, 1 ~ SuperNova or Ground Pound or Shoulder Charge is one of the best footsie tools I've found in the game, his corner game is better than anybody else's at this point, and his B1, 3 is +7 on block.... Not to mention he has one of the BEST JI's in the game.... his JIP D+3 variation crushes AA's like it is cool.....

Doomsday is NOT the charcter that will be doing 85% combos, but he is the character that will constantly be hiting you for 25%
Whatever. He won't win any major with low damage like that. Plus, he is going to get nerfed because of scrubs complaining, just wait and see. Even though ChrisG said something about his high low mixup in the corner which is hard to react because it is like 3-4 frames, I still don't think that is enough. It's just funny to see those numbers after seeing Bane, Grundy, GL or Superman damage output.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Whatever. He won't win any major with low damage like that. Plus, he is going to get nerfed because of scrubs complaining, just wait and see. Even though ChrisG said something about his high low mixup in the corner which is hard to react because it is like 3-4 frames, I still don't think that is enough. It's just funny to see those numbers after seeing Bane, Grundy, GL or Superman damage output.
Welp, you better drop him then and run over to Grundy with his 11 frame D1.....

My little bit I can add right now is...
112 the final hit of this string does 6% chip I'm not sure if this is an error but that is it looks right now.
It does 7% on chip and is +3 on block LMFAO.... This is his best string so far and is GREAT to preceed B1, 3. This leads into his best corner frame traps IMO.... if spaced correctly you can also start thowing out his f2, 1 ~ SuperNova or Ground Pound or Shoulder Charge shenanigans.

GGA Jeremiah

Will you add the frame data and chip to this guide as well? The more I'm playing Doomsday, the more I realize that being positive on strings and setting up for a 112 chip (8% CHIP LOL) string is key to his tech.

Glass Sword

Nobody
I feel Doomsday's main mixup is going to involve throw with his impressive grab range. So, as your saying with impressive chip they are going to want to not even let you touch them. I imagine you can probably catch back dashes with throw if you are close enough. Either way you can really start to make you opponent sweat if you take advantage of his impressive range and chip potential.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
ya guys, i've been playing injustice since this past friday guys, i've spend the bulk of time playing doomsday and I've got a good amount of information to share...

I'd poor out everything but I'd like things to be more organized, Could I perhapds starts a, 'combo/knockdown Oki thread? Gerneral discussion is too 'general' for me and the guide's creator isn't showing any signs of life

i can afford to be online a good amount of time and would be a good thread manager

I want you guys to give me the YES or NO on this
I'd love to put together all the information from you guys for a collective thread
Doomsday is a beast, gonna body Eeeeeeeeverybody!

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
Whatever. He won't win any major with low damage like that.
Are you serious?
No really..... are you serious right now? :confused:
If you have anything else THAT dumb to say, take it over to capcom-unity forums plz, keep the garbage where it belongs!

It's the first week the game is out and you're already spewing reckless crap like this??

I know you're excited for the game and I can relate. :D
It's fun speculating and to discuss potential tier lists and future prospects for characters but please don't be so blunt and arrogant with your naive first impressions, everybody hates a party pooper especially one that says things like that.

Don't get butthurt over this plz
just saying, save that for a little later
kthnxbye

Glass Sword

Nobody
ya guys, i've been playing injustice since this past friday guys, i've spend the bulk of time playing doomsday and I've got a good amount of information to share...

I'd poor out everything but I'd like things to be more organized, Could I perhapds starts a, 'combo/knockdown Oki thread? Gerneral discussion is too 'general' for me and the guide's creator isn't showing any signs of life

i can afford to be online a good amount of time and would be a good thread manager

I want you guys to give me the YES or NO on this
I'd love to put together all the information from you guys for a collective thread
Doomsday is a beast, gonna body Eeeeeeeeverybody!
Man I say do it. If you have had the game longer than those of us had to wait for the official release it is you responsibility to enlighten us since you got the game early.
Are there like unblockable oki setups?

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
it's 2am where i'm at
ima sleep and get started on the thread tomorrow...
I'll post what I know and organize the information we all gather for everybody...

so tired

VOR

Noob
on ji d3, 123, df3, an ex df3 does a decent extra 8% damage, so 35%--- would be useful once in a while