What's new

Guide The Destroyer of Worlds. Doomsday Guide.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Also mobility goes a long way for this kind of game. With the amount of horizontal and vertical movement that he has it's pretty easy to pick which spot you want to dash forward in
Yes, that as well. DD has one of the best dashes in the game in terms of speed and range, it has low crush properties and in addition with MB Venom he has insane gap closing mobility.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
When you back dash you cannot block. DD player can read that and venom. After two venoms, you are cornered. If you get cornered against DD, its really hard to get off, especially if he has trait available as well. You will have to push block or jump. Push block wont get you out of the corner and if you jump you ll get blown up. DD has more frame traps AND better mix ups than Cage. DD's normals have the longest range in the game after Aquaman and CW. In the future DD will be played at the highest lvl if the player who controls him has extensive MU exp against his opponents and ofc knows DD at the highest lvl. Just because DD became harder to play with, doesnt mean he is automatically not top 10 material in the right hands. He has the tools to win against the entire cast and his bad MU's arent that bad ( most consist of minor 6 - 4's which can be easily won. )
I agree he has good range and can close the gap pretty quickly with Venom and his dash. But in terms of mix ups and frame traps he's average at best.

The opponent can backdash out of MB Venom on block, which means they can backdash out of anything resembling a frame trap midscreen. 3 3 midscreen pushes them enough to prevent D+1 from being a guaranteed frame trap. Let's not forget they can backdash out of D+1 xx Anything on block. The only place he can frame trap is in the corner with 3 3 and F3, but it isn't anything to write home about. Specially since a knockdown is no longer a dangerous situation for the opponent with the recent overall Wake Up buff.

As for mix ups he almost has none. For the most part blocking low and backdashing protect the opponent from common DD's threat. Sure there's F2 which could be hard to react to (21 frames, barely in the reactable thereshold), Supernova within sweep range, and throws. But all of this is no different or better than the mix up tools of other characters.

The reason DD can compete is because of MB Venom and his dash to close the gap. However, when the opponent keeps backdashing away you have to keep spending meter for MB Venom to get in, with little return in terms of meter because the opponent can backdash again.

However, when the opponent keeps backdashing away you have to keep spending meter for MB Venom to get in, with little return in terms of meter because the opponent can backdash again.

Huh? Sounds like you're playing Doomsday correctly to me. If your opponent is backdashing away and you keep spending meter on MB Venom to keep pushing them, the only place they're going is into the corner lol. Just be wary of them trying to jump over you to get out and you're golden...

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Honestly, that's where patience comes in to play. If they do back dash then either dash forward again or just inch them closer to corner.

The more patient you are with Doomsday the more likely you can get your hits off

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Huh? Sounds like you're playing Doomsday correctly to me. If your opponent is backdashing away and you keep spending meter on MB Venom to keep pushing them, the only place they're going is into the corner lol. Just be wary of them trying to jump over you to get out and you're golden...
I know. But then wake up buff is what hurts him most. It makes it difficult to push them and keep them in the corner. Then having to rely always on that 1-2 bars of meter you barely keep getting makes it a chore.

All these problems boil down to the nerf on his trait. If it lasted a bit longer or had shorter cooldown DD could stay on the opponent more comfortably.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I agree he has good range and can close the gap pretty quickly with Venom and his dash. But in terms of mix ups and frame traps he's average at best.

The opponent can backdash out of MB Venom on block, which means they can backdash out of anything resembling a frame trap midscreen. 3 3 midscreen pushes them enough to prevent D+1 from being a guaranteed frame trap. Let's not forget they can backdash out of D+1 xx Anything on block. The only place he can frame trap is in the corner with 3 3 and F3, but it isn't anything to write home about. Specially since a knockdown is no longer a dangerous situation for the opponent with the recent overall Wake Up buff.

As for mix ups he almost has none. For the most part blocking low and backdashing protect the opponent from common DD's threat. Sure there's F2 which could be hard to react to (21 frames, barely in the reactable thereshold), Supernova within sweep range, and throws. But all of this is no different or better than the mix up tools of other characters.

The reason DD can compete is because of MB Venom and his dash to close the gap. However, when the opponent keeps backdashing away you have to keep spending meter for MB Venom to get in, with little return in terms of meter because the opponent can backdash again.
Try finishing your combos with d3 and then do a cross up body splash. It will stuff most wake ups, except the really fast or advancing ones. Meter is no big deal for DD. Four ES's on block provide one bar. I would gladly sacrifice my meter to lead the opponent in the corner where he cant do much against a good DD. 33 on block can lead to a d1 mix ups if you simply walk a little and then d1 ( credit to Qwark28 ) and if the opponent back dashes after a blocked 33 just venom ( or MB venom depending on the dash of character ). DD is based on reads mostly from what i have seen so far. Not particularly a bad thing imo. He is still rewarding and tournament viable.

Also check this thread for meter management if you havent already.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/doomsday-meter-building-data.32529/

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Do you players have any 100+ % combo videos to share? If so I will post it in my thread. Traits/Transitions/Interactables/Guaranteed Resets are allowed.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Go into training and make them exist hahaha. There's no proof unless you've tried every possible option.
True, but so far DD's highest damage combo is 55% i think or something like that, with super in the FoS stage. I really dont think there is more. DD in general does not have big damage in his combos.

Combo goes like this : space-ship interractable, j3, 3xR1, b3, B231xsuper. I think it does 50+% dmg.

Post edited.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
True, but so far DD's highest damage combo is 55% i think or something like that, with super in the FoS stage. I really dont think there is more. DD in general does not have big damage in his combos.
What the hell? That seems very strange.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
What the hell? That seems very strange.
He was designed that way, cause he has other tools. Pretty much, the best mobility in the game, excellent AA options, excellent cross-up and anti-ground options, great range in his normals and specials, good priorities in his moves, very good trait, excellent oki game. If he had damage on top of those things he would be too much imo.

P.S: Bad ass intro, super and winning pose as well as voice and design.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Yeah, Doomsday players do not care about damage. There is only...the oki....

By the way, I'm going to be trying to make a Doomsday guide(video). But I have a few large problems. For one, I'm an excellent theorist, but only a mediocre player(big lab rat). If you guys doubt if I can make a decent guide, I can give an excerpt of what I want to say. Secondly, I do not have that much matchup experience, and would greatly appreciate some input there. Lastly, I do not have any recording equipment, but know of several people who do, so if anyone wants to volunteer to help film for me, I'll add in the footage.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
Yeah, Doomsday players do not care about damage. There is only...the oki....

By the way, I'm going to be trying to make a Doomsday guide(video). But I have a few large problems. For one, I'm an excellent theorist, but only a mediocre player(big lab rat). If you guys doubt if I can make a decent guide, I can give an excerpt of what I want to say. Secondly, I do not have that much matchup experience, and would greatly appreciate some input there. Lastly, I do not have any recording equipment, but know of several people who do, so if anyone wants to volunteer to help film for me, I'll add in the footage.
not much match up experience?