What's new

Guide The Destroyer of Worlds. Doomsday Guide.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
Did a little practice today and found some nice combos.

The biggest trick is to getting body splash to register as part of the combo, but even if it doesn't you can tack on an extra 9% to whatever damage did register.

12, mb b3, j2, f23, mb venom 35%/ with jd3 42%

corner with interactable: 123, d1, 3, mb 3 24% and extra 20% with interactable... edit: I meant d2

shoot I can't seem to get him to do the others I was doing earlier, but I'll keep on it.

Also... jd3, 123, Super, 48% damage!! Yeah buddy.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
Yeah well it's not like DD has a lot of options unless you throw a bar a meter here and a bar there. You end up mowing through your opponents pretty fast when you're just doing regular 4 hit combos for 25% and after that his scaling gets pretty ugly.

It's actually 45% if the body splash isn't registered since the 9% isn't scaled...since most people don't realize the body splash doesn't get registered as the first hit of a string, you can add an extra 9% to most of your combos. So 123 to mb venom charge is actually 36%; not 27%.

Of course, most people would rather just save meter for heat-seeking Sheeva stomp, so there's that.

TheRyzzl

Noob
You just straight up should not be using more then 1 meter for any combo period...Its hard enough to build meter for him as it is. Imo, meter is used for getting in. Also if you ever have enough meter for a super on doomsday youre doing it wrong or getting bodied...

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I´ve notice that now you can Jd3,3,DF2MB,D2,B3...... waaaaaay more easy even you can do Jd3,22,DF2MB,D2,B3.....online too.
D2 now its easier to link with B3 :)

For some reason I can't land the DF2MB in combos. I can do it every time if I do it alone. If I do it in a combo the MB doesn't actually go off and I end up grounding my training dummy. Is there a timing trick to get the MB every time?

Yeah well it's not like DD has a lot of options unless you throw a bar a meter here and a bar there. You end up mowing through your opponents pretty fast when you're just doing regular 4 hit combos for 25% and after that his scaling gets pretty ugly.

It's actually 45% if the body splash isn't registered since the 9% isn't scaled...since most people don't realize the body splash doesn't get registered as the first hit of a string, you can add an extra 9% to most of your combos. So 123 to mb venom charge is actually 36%; not 27%.

Of course, most people would rather just save meter for heat-seeking Sheeva stomp, so there's that.
Dude no. The splash links as part of your combo. If its not linking for you then the follow up to your splash is block able. Poor execution on your part. All of your damage numbers are wrong, and your combos are ass. We have all the information you could possibly need here...use it

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Post Patch it's not difficult anymore to land d2 b3 after 22 MB df2 due to massive speed increase of d2

Could lead to potential mix ups between ES and MB ES after 22

Sorry fellow Doomies. If you couldn't tell I have lost passion for this game over the last month or so and haven't updated anything in this guide at all. I have been playing it here and there to get ready for EVO this week and I did have fun playing it. I will try and update this soon if I can find the time.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Sorry fellow Doomies. If you couldn't tell I have lost passion for this game over the last month or so and haven't updated anything in this guide at all. I have been playing it here and there to get ready for EVO this week and I did have fun playing it. I will try and update this soon if I can find the time.
Why the loss of passion? Is it because Doomsday isnt that good?

Why the loss of passion? Is it because Doomsday isnt that good?

No I think Doomsday is good. I think he only has 1 really bad MU and the rest are winnable now. My main problem in the game is the simplicity of it. They give each character 1 or 2 great strings and 1 or 2 great special moves and if you try to use anything other than those you are not playing the character to their best.

An example would be Superman. His f2,3 string is so good and has almost no consequence at the proper range why wouldn't a Superman use anything other than that string?

Or another example would be Killer Frost. Her slide is insanely good. How do you beat her slide? You jump back and try and punish it. Once you start doing that what does Killer Frost do? Does she start using other tools? No. Once she realizes what you are doing she just slides at a different time to blowup your jump back. So the player is forced to use their one or 2 great tools and not rely on anything else.

Another example would be Black Adam with Dive Kick and his overhead string that is plus on block. Etc. etc. etc. I could go on and on with many characters.

Sublime

Stop blocking my hits with your face!
Sorry fellow Doomies. If you couldn't tell I have lost passion for this game over the last month or so and haven't updated anything in this guide at all.
Game needs moar mindless characters to us DD players to find new awesome tech :REO

FuzzE

Noob
So, I found a corner combo that is a bit more newbie friendly than the ones in the OP. It's 1 bar and doesn't do quite as much damage (it's 40%) but the execution is, at least for me, much easier to pull off.

Jip(D3), 123, 12 DF2(MB), 12 DB2

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
My go to corner combo has always been

Meterless - Jip(D3), 123, 123, d1 DB2 for 39%
1 Bar - Jip(D3), 123, 3 DF2(MB), 23d1 DB2 for 44%

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Why does nobody do midscreen bounce-cancel combos (Splash, 1,2 xx DB+MB, slight delay [deep] j3, 3 xx Venom or Rising Venom)? They carry further than Splash, 3 xx Earth Shaker MB, are much easier to confirm, do 1% more damage (or the same with Rising Venom), and look more schweet.

GGA Jeremiah SonicBoomBrad

I thought I was the only one who did.

One day, I realized there's nothing I really use Meter for beyond EX Venom, so I gave it a shot.
Now it's part of my regular Doomsday diet.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Why does nobody do midscreen bounce-cancel combos (Splash, 1,2 xx DB+MB, slight delay [deep] j3, 3 xx Venom or Rising Venom)? They carry further than Splash, 3 xx Earth Shaker MB, are much easier to confirm, do 1% more damage (or the same with Rising Venom), and look more schweet.

Venom ender: 43% / 47% MB [2 Meter, also carries ~65% of a stage!]
Rising Venom ender: 42% / 46% MB

GGA Jeremiah SonicBoomBrad
Because it's two bars and Doomsday needs meter more than anyone in the game. And it would honestly cost you a lot of match ups.

Drecker

GET CITY.
Isn't that combo two bars?
Yes, I'm wrong and bad.

Because it's two bars and Doomsday needs meter more than anyone in the game. And it would honestly cost you a lot of match ups.

See above about wrong and bad.

I thought I was the only one who did.

One day, I realized there's nothing I really use Meter for beyond EX Venom, so I gave it a shot.
Now it's part of my regular Doomsday diet.

This guy, I like this guy.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I mean the one bar variant; I could only see two bars being used if you're too far for 1,2,3 Venom MB to corner carry and even than it's iffy. If you're going to be meter burning off splash combos, you may as well get the most damage possible for your one bar. Plus, it's way easier than the Earth Shaker MB variant.
Bounce cancels are two bars. Doomsday needs meter for venom. It's the core part of his rushdown. Putting you into block-stun from venom and mixing you up is his entire game plan when he's not in the corner. You need the meter.