What's new

General/Other The Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition

Praxus

Total scrub
the data full of 99% shitty players???
Well, if they do patch it, I'd rather they did it based on that rather than crying online. Honestly, I'd rather they not patch it at all for quite some time, until people actually learn how to play.

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
Glad to see others appreciating the Soviet Hero.
But if they do follow people to determine how to buff and nerf it should be from tournament data and not from online play.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Stop feeling yourself man so much over your tourney win against 90% of the people who didnt know how to clash

Your an amazing player and probably the best batman ever but your condescending attitude is not helping at all and what you could be doing is help the community understand more by making serious videos on how to deal w ds properly.

Dealing with DS properly does not mean making video that put you in sweep range so you can punish a gun on block with a 6 frame advancing special

Making a productive video would be taking characters that dont have full screen options like aquaman and nw and show how they must progress from full screen out and how to deal with instant air head shot mixed w low guns and MB df2

I dont completely understand why you're being a dick about it towards me when in fact you could just help the community understand and fix the problem

Why havent I done this yes? Because I have been working 50-60 hour weeks for past 2-3 weeks and havent had a copy of the game at my disposal like a few and havent had time to sit at home with Thomas and spend good amount of time in the lab. But in time I will get a break and spend time but in the meantime you could be helping the community as a whole with possibly a less condescending attitude

STORMS front page?
My main issue with Civil War was actually Tom Brady feeling himself over stuff that his opponent didn't do and it almost seemed like he was showing off via commentary. Why didn't he be a good sport and note to him during the fight about it? We'd be able to be less defensive for the testers if this kind of thing would have happened... it's just something to think about. It was just days after the "official" release of the game and from my point of view... some of these guys need to re-evaluate themselves and act more in a professional conduct as well.

Telling Juggs "go fuck yourself" on commentary when there are over 16K viewers watching...? Grow up. Be a model for the community... don't be the one walking about with a controller and a poor attitude. I understand we have competitors but you also have to understand that Injustice reaches out to comic book readers so for the first time in probably ever... a NetherRealm Studios game is breaking viewer numbers over Street Fighter AE.... I wonder how many kids were watching when Tom felt he needed to say to Juggs... twice.

This is another reason why I love UltraDavid's and James Chen's commentary... not only Tom at times, but others who commentate need to take notes. Those guys act way professional and positive. It's a gripe that I've had ever since watching the stream and had to get out there..

Sorry, I feel WAY off topic now..

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Oh honey...we clearly have never met. HawkGirl is def. useful in this match. Are you REALLY assuming every DS I've played is trash? Are you really assuming HG can't get off the ground in this MU? LOL...stop theory fighting.
I love you, Kipp.

The enthusiam and hope that players have going into Week 2 is endearing.

The passion we all have for IGAU thus far makes me so proud to be an FGC member, it's silly.

This game is gonna blow the fuck up, you guys. Be ready <3.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
This is another reason why I love UltraDavid's and James Chen's commentary... not only Tom at times, but others who commentate need to take notes. Those guys act way professional and positive. It's a gripe that I've had ever since watching the stream and had to get out there..
I love their commentary, I basically try to copy that style haha.

Also, I can't believe how long Tom was going off on me on the MK and Injustice stream... It was pretty ridiculous. Also it was during like TOP 3 of MK which was actually really exciting. It's okay if he has a personal problem with me, but don't talk about JUST THAT on commentary at a major...

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
yeah I think Tom was out of line but back on ppl say "you're only giving vague advice or to say level up".... well the game is only 1WEEK OLD!!! most things are character specific so ask about certain characters and quit whining for some universal beat DS strategy... there shouldn't be one!!!! I beat DS differently depending on if I'm using Flash, Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam, GA, etc... so unless we get specific questions instead of incessant (vague) bitching the advice will continue to be vague. but blocking and dashing will work on most DS's. a good one will make the right reads and counter and you might have to take a risk... as he will have to take a risk when you close the distance... that's called meta game. Is there really this much poor play out there? I took the time in other games to get good... reguardless of character. If i liked the game or character enough I put time in it to learn the matchups... and I overcame. if you don't wanna put the time in that's fine no problem with that. but bitching about what really just amounts to laziness is juvenile. the game is a week old NO ONE CAN CLAIM SOMETHING IS BROKE YET! none of us have the experience.. is it braindead? sure. easy? sure. broke? hell no.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I love their commentary, I basically try to copy that style haha.

Also, I can't believe how long Tom was going off on me on the MK and Injustice stream... It was pretty ridiculous. Also it was during like TOP 3 of MK which was actually really exciting. It's okay if he has a personal problem with me, but don't talk about JUST THAT on commentary at a major...
Yep... forgot about that.

Basically, Tom was GOD for commentary during MLG, but I guess he has to be getting PAID to reach that tier..

The simple fact is that the game has been out for like a week or so, and these guys has shown proof that Deathstroke is not Overpowered, They proved that there are many character who have a way around him. You need to have patience and get in slowly not rush in like a moron.

Put your time into your character and figure out what you can do vs deathstroke. Not just complain and demand a nerf without even trying.

These guys made a valid point and hopefully the higher-ups got this information. I put time into my character hours into practice mode.

im proud of my 211-55 record

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
I don't even play DS but I honestly feel in my extensive FG experience he's working just as intended. It can be very frustrating to get in on a good DS but I think it should be. Thats part of his meta. to frustrate you into doing something stupid. sounds like there is a lot of impatient stupidity out there... :confused:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I love you, Kipp.

The enthusiam and hope that players have going into Week 2 is endearing.

The passion we all have for IGAU thus far makes me so proud to be an FGC member, it's silly.

This game is gonna blow the fuck up, you guys. Be ready <3.
Lol, sending the love your way as well! I just hate this theory fighting bullshit...which is why I dropped the sass. The MU is def. difficult...but I've managed to beat a few VERY competent DeathStroke's...I'm trying to warn people not to sleep on HawkGirl...This character can throw you off your game, can rush you down, bully you into and in the corner, has some spicy mix ups, and then stay away from you all together. The reason I'm so enthusiastic is because I feel this game is VERY balanced. People just need to chill, breath, and focus during the match with DS. Annoying? Incredibly. OP and can't be stopped? Hahaha...no. ;)

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Lol, sending the love your way as well! I just hate this theory fighting bullshit...which is why I dropped the sass. The MU is def. difficult...but I've managed to beat a few VERY competent DeathStroke's...I'm trying to warn people not to sleep on HawkGirl...This character can throw you off your game, can rush you down, bully you into and in the corner, has some spicy mix ups, and then stay away from you all together. The reason I'm so enthusiastic is because I feel this game is VERY balanced. People just need to chill, breath, and focus during the match with DS. Annoying? Incredibly. OP and can't be stopped? Hahaha...no. ;)
Reason? On this out of hand topic? BLASPHEMER!:cool:

this thread takes me back to the old mk forum days when blaze, chaos, easytobeat, groy and krazie bone would argue. #nostalgia

anyways... i have not felt the wrath of cyborg bc DS beats his zoning with a simple low gunshot.

i just wish there was a thread where only tournament proven players could post. it is so hard getting past all the crap.

My main issue with Civil War was actually Tom Brady feeling himself over stuff that his opponent didn't do and it almost seemed like he was showing off via commentary. Why didn't he be a good sport and note to him during the fight about it? We'd be able to be less defensive for the testers if this kind of thing would have happened... it's just something to think about. It was just days after the "official" release of the game and from my point of view... some of these guys need to re-evaluate themselves and act more in a professional conduct as well.

Telling Juggs "go fuck yourself" on commentary when there are over 16K viewers watching...? Grow up. Be a model for the community... don't be the one walking about with a controller and a poor attitude. I understand we have competitors but you also have to understand that Injustice reaches out to comic book readers so for the first time in probably ever... a NetherRealm Studios game is breaking viewer numbers over Street Fighter AE.... I wonder how many kids were watching when Tom felt he needed to say to Juggs... twice.

Sorry, I feel WAY off topic now..
remember when i messaged you a while ago talking about game testers (not the ones who did a week here or there... the ones who had the game for a longgggggggg time... ya the final build.) look who was 1 and 2 at civil war. #lackofprofessionalism

can't argue what tom has done for this community but we could all use some polishing for true progression in this community.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just to make this clear, there isn't real beef between me and Tom Brady. I was being an ass towards him saying he was washed up and that REO would win CivilWar. I did say Tom would get top 3, however. And I didn't put Tom on the 3v3 MKvsSF. I was just messing with him, and he knows that. But, he got the upper hand telling me to fuck myself in front of 16k+ people. I'll get you back Tom... I'll get you back.

:joker:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Absolutely. Just because I can beat her today doesn't mean she won't find a way to 5-0 me tomorrow.
Same goes for DanCock 's Supes and xFriction_Burnx 's Flash. Just when one thinks one can obliterate the other, the counter-measures come about and the fight gets REALLY fucking interesting <3.

This game is a thousand days young, and there's still PLENTY of time to flesh things out.

Reactions: Jy0

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Also they aren't asking intelligent questions. What do I do?!?!? well I don't know you as a person wouldn't survive the first gunshots I'd wager... now what does your in game character do would be a better question. but hellz no we want that full screen instant invincible teleport to get in!!!

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
That's what you usually but not this zoning in this game. You gain barely any ground doing that.
right... you dash instead of walk... give it time for now... it's still too early to tell... don't presume to know that he needs nerfed or balanced right now you don't come across as that arrogant... none of us know yet.

tataki

Noob
That's what you usually but not this zoning in this game. You gain barely any ground doing that.
"Walk forward" doesn't have to literally mean "walking". It means you just carefully advance while blocking. In Guilty Gear you never actually get to "walk". You either run or jump, and even through zoning you jump while holding back to block in the air, which allows you to literally 'advance while blocking'.

So it's all a matter of how does one move in Injustice? Dashes seem to be pretty fast and cover a lot of space, so if you can dash in between shots it's a big deal. Not to mention the shots don't have any pushback.

Also consider that some moves in fighting games can be also used for their hurtboxes alone. For example low profile slide moves that are whiffed to go under projectiles and avoid having to block them, so on top of general movement each character is bound to have unique tools to deal with the gun shots.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If Deathstroke is not top it will be because of character specific tools. Not "yo it's no big deal just block and walk block and walk". Let's be serious about our DS downplaying talking points. That's all I'm saying.