What's new

The Deadshot Debate.

Rebalance Deadshot?

• Yes.

Votes: 125 73.5%
  • No.

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • There's no way to adjust him without defeating the purpose of his design.

Votes: 35 20.6%

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
redhood barely does damage as is why nerf his ex lunge? I'm talking about base damage and combo damage not like reset potential etc. Just pure damage.
People do not realize that EX lunge almost does 7% of chip damage, which is only 2-3% less than Aquaman's current EX trident rush, and EX lunge starts up in 9 frames, fully connects five characters away, and leaves Red Hood at a very safe range to attempt another EX lunge. I have quit Darkseid and only use Red Hood now. I have no agenda, but I suggest NRS examine the move's chip damage.

Error404

Noob
I'd be fine if they left his straight shot as it is , but gave him ammo that he had to reload. And for gods sake make atleast one of the 50/50 starters unsafe

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I'd rather they left all his projectile stuff as is, but give him nothing to be scared of up close. Deadshot players should have to show the same level of patience up close that everyone else has to show anywhere on the screen.

Make him a hard zoner

I knew since day one this char would be destroyed. It's gonna happen xD

Anyway, I was disappointed by his lack of depth. I expected much more insteresting things from him, like uses of trick bullets to do small antiair conversions. His gameplay is linear, simple, and actually favors spamming. He was not the zoner/space control char I expected.

Definitely nrs has problems designing a good properly balanced zoner.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Reduce the recovery and meterbuild on wrist cannon,make B1 a mid and he should be fine.

well... in mkx we had op offensive meta, now in injustice 2 we get op defensive meta. i hope you all got what you wanted with this trash ass game.
Still less trash than running like a madman and mixing people to death while being accompanied by jailing plus frames.
Gotta love people who had no idea what a fighting game was untill MKX.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Btw just wanna mention if there's no way to change him without defeating the purpose of his design, then actually just kill the character. If his design is THAT shit, that the spirit of the character is to do literally everything as good as and or better than everyone else, flush this garbage down the toilet.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Btw just wanna mention if there's no way to change him without defeating the purpose of his design, then actually just kill the character. If his design is THAT shit, that the spirit of the character is to do literally everything as good as and or better than everyone else, flush this garbage down the toilet.
Or maybe nrs should use their brains to find a proper alternative design for him, if they can't balance the current one without making him shit.

They did a major change to aquaman that nobody expected to normalize him. It can happen again. If all they apply to him are just nerfs, he will become trash and that's a failure in balance.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I remember a time when anyone who spoke up about Deadshots tools obviously being too strong, were bluntly shouted down as whiners. Now the exact opposite is occurring.

What a fucking time to be alive. I really have time-traveled to a future where people realize what rational people have been saying was true all along. What a terrible future we have wrought for ourselves.

Last edited:

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Make his wakeup unsafe , even mb and reduce meter building od his zoning . Problem solved .

DeftMonk

Noob
I think it would be interesting to lower chip/pushback of mb rifle, lower meter build from wrist shot heavily BUT add new combo possibilities off of aa trick shots. As is, unless u never played a fighting game...this chars depth is like a puddle in the desert.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I dont agree with all these people saying his design is so bad that if they so much as clip a toenail he'll be bottom -1. The reason his design appears so bad rn is because he has every tool you could ever want in a character still. Not like, Jack of all trades master of none, but master of zoning and Jack of everything else.

Seriously, his zoning is fine. It's really strong but that's not the problem. If his up close game was buns then his zoning would be perfectly justified.

There are 2 possible solutions imo:
1. Leave his zoning as is and nerf his upclose game hard. No more low, make it mid. The low is more problematic than the OH. Increase the block stun on certain moves so it's easier to react to staggers. Maybe even slow down his mid even more.

2. Keep him a hybrid character but make small adjustments to his tools across the board. Nerf the meter building on his zoning slightly, use @General M2Dave trait idea where he keeps the current wrist shot recovery but on in trait, otherwise it's every so slightly toned down. And make small adjustments to his upclose game by just removing the low to start with but leave all frame data exactly the same

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Just limiting the meter build would completely change the character. That is his biggest strength. You can get around his zoning, but because he always has bar he can just push you out. Rinse and repeat. I think his zoning is fine otherwise.

SunsetBlvd

Proven Nappa GOD, 100% VERIFIED Best Nappa NA
The game is fine outside of Deadshot atm IMO.
this is all that needs to be said by anyone in this whole thread. the debate about deadshot is sort of pointless after this weekend. it's actually a positive thing, but no one seems to want to realize that yet.

deadshot is now an issue because he's really the ONLY issue. idc what they do to him. remove him from the character select screen and you magically create an incredibly balanced game. we should be happy about this, and even happier that this gross infection of a character only had a significant impact on one top 8. it's not that bad.

Tweedy

Noob
this is all that needs to be said by anyone in this whole thread. the debate about deadshot is sort of pointless after this weekend. it's actually a positive thing, but no one seems to want to realize that yet.

deadshot is now an issue because he's really the ONLY issue. idc what they do to him. remove him from the character select screen and you magically create an incredibly balanced game. we should be happy about this, and even happier that this gross infection of a character only had a significant impact on one top 8. it's not that bad.
Yeah I think with Deadshot, the patch actually made the game worse because it left him too far ahead. Without Deadshot the game is pretty good now tho.

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
It's more the relationship this move has with mb rifle. If they just slow the recovery of wrist shot to that of trick shot then wtf would point of wrist shot be? They need to just go ahead and admit deadshot is actually a premiere skin for this char :
I can't recall any other projectile that could double hit you in a combo. That's just stupid speed. Not counting air fireball to ground fireball.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Maybe there's nothing wrong with the character or the game design. Maybe there's something wrong with the community for playing him a toxic way.

Or maybe the better question is zoning to strong for you? Lol