What's new

Guide The Complete Combo Guide to Catwoman

Xeltos

- Like how i did that?
I've had some trouble the few times i tried the meter burn whiff, i guess i'm pressing it too late. I didn't get to practice at all today. :p
Good to know about the cat claws..more pressure-ey goodness. :3

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I've had some trouble the few times i tried the meter burn whiff, i guess i'm pressing it too late. I didn't get to practice at all today. :p
Good to know about the cat claws..more pressure-ey goodness. :3
the ra helios dash whiff will eventually become the easiest combo for you to do. It's my go to combo anytime i hit them.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
What are the current f+3 combos? Like if you hit someone with an AA mb f+3? I'm way outdated on Catwoman tech but might start playing her again.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
What are the current f+3 combos? Like if you hit someone with an AA mb f+3? I'm way outdated on Catwoman tech but might start playing her again.
I would recommend keeping it simple with an instant jump1, 112(delay) MB Dash, F3/1F2 knockdown.

F3, F3 is 24% unclashable alone by the way.

And you should start playing her again! I just won monterrey mexico with her.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
And you should start playing her again! I just won monterrey mexico with her.

Good shit.

And I may. I haven't played Catwoman with a few exceptions since before UFGT but I'm considering dropping Killer Frost for her. I still think KF is likely better but I'm not getting tournament results with KF anyway so I might just play CW. I'm even partly considering just saying fuck it and playing Catwoman at EVO.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
Good shit.

And I may. I haven't played Catwoman with a few exceptions since before UFGT but I'm considering dropping Killer Frost for her. I still think KF is likely better but I'm not getting tournament results with KF anyway so I might just play CW. I'm even partly considering just saying fuck it and playing Catwoman at EVO.

We should talk strats in a few days. Holler.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Possible new corner BnB. I don't think 112~dash MB works but 11~dash seems fine.

b12d3~flip, f2~up whip, 11~dash MB, f3, 1f2 47%

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Good shit.

You have her playstyle down for sure. And you know how important D1 Claws is. Especially after 1F2 frame traps.

I would say practice the Bounce combos. They are absolutely crucial. She get's 48% just from a B3.

CRUM

Noob
I picked up Catwoman and I like her so far. Can anyone clue me in on some dirt that she has liker her "unseeable 50/50"? Also what're some of her best block strongs? Is it better to use 112 or b1,2,d3?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I picked up Catwoman and I like her so far. Can anyone clue me in on some dirt that she has liker her "unseeable 50/50"? Also what're some of her best block strongs? Is it better to use 112 or b1,2,d3?

F112 and B12D3 are her two options for the 50/50. 1F2 on block is +3, allowing for a free D1,CatClaws check. Standing 1 is 7 frames vs the 14-16 that is B1/F1, so it depends on the circumstance as to which one is 'better'. Jumping 2 controls space and links into a Catdash on hit confirm from any range.

CRUM

Noob
F112 and B12D3 are her two options for the 50/50. 1F2 on block is +3, allowing for a free D1,CatClaws check. Standing 1 is 7 frames vs the 14-16 that is B1/F1, so it depends on the circumstance as to which one is 'better'. Jumping 2 controls space and links into a Catdash on hit confirm from any range.
Thanks for the info. I'm having some trouble up close. I keep getting d1'd to death.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Thanks for the info. I'm having some trouble up close. I keep getting d1'd to death.
d1-claws is a must learn but kind of hard to do. It leads to 38% and is safe. d1 on hit on its own also gives you a 50/50 to f1 or b1, though that's me kind of theory fighting tbh. I'm still trying to implement it.

CRUM

Noob
d1-claws is a must learn but kind of hard to do. It leads to 38% and is safe. d1 on hit on its own also gives you a 50/50 to f1 or b1, though that's me kind of theory fighting tbh. I'm still trying to implement it.
How do you deal with zoning?

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
How do you deal with zoning?
It depends on who is zoning you really. For characters like superman and Batman you can use evade and if they understand how this builds your trait they should stop. This obviously doesn't work well against longer projectiles like MB guns from Deathstroke or very fast ones like Sinestros.

You have your half screen j2 which you can just f112~claws into for 40%+ and remain safe on block.

You also have MB Catdash but this usually has to be done on a read since the armour doesn't kick in very quickly. It can be useful to get in from full screen even on block though if you have the meter.

She's much like everyone else in that you just have to work your way in, just not as far due to the reach of j2. The problem I find is once you get to jump range her AA isn't that great and you don't have a lot to really discourage people from jumping at you.

CRUM

Noob
It depends on who is zoning you really. For characters like superman and Batman you can use evade and if they understand how this builds your trait they should stop. This obviously doesn't work well against longer projectiles like MB guns from Deathstroke or very fast ones like Sinestros.

You have your half screen j2 which you can just f112~claws into for 40%+ and remain safe on block.

You also have MB Catdash but this usually has to be done on a read since the armour doesn't kick in very quickly. It can be useful to get in from full screen even on block though if you have the meter.

She's much like everyone else in that you just have to work your way in, just not as far due to the reach of j2. The problem I find is once you get to jump range her AA isn't that great and you don't have a lot to really discourage people from jumping at you.
I was going to also ask what she can get off of a d2 as an anti-air. You can't do 112 or f112 as far as I can tell because the d2 pushes your opponent out of range.