What's new

Guide The Complete Combo Guide to Catwoman

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
1 Bar Mid-Screen: B12D3 Claws, B3, F3, F3, 112 MB Dash, 1F2

Corner BNB: F112 Stance 1, F2 Up Whip, 112 MB Dash, 1F2
Hey Krayzie you really should be moving over to the Ra Helios one meter combos with the dash whiff if you`re planning to use meter. B12D3 Claws, F2 Dash Whiff, B3, F3, F3 or 1F2. The damage boost is significant, and its even easier than the Claws to B3 connect.

And in the corner go ahead and end with F3 on the ground. The knockdown gives more advantage and takes more damage too. Glad you like the thread! I hope everyone is practicing those environmentals. PARTICULARLY the B3 Bounce confirm. It`s 48% damage from a freaking Back3.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Hey Krayzie you really should be moving over to the Ra Helios one meter combos with the dash whiff if you`re planning to use meter. B12D3 Claws, F2 Dash Whiff, B3, F3, F3 or 1F2. The damage boost is significant, and its even easier than the Claws to B3 connect.

And in the corner go ahead and end with F3 on the ground. The knockdown gives more advantage and takes more damage too. Glad you like the thread! I hope everyone is practicing those environmentals. PARTICULARLY the B3 Bounce confirm. It`s 48% damage from a freaking Back3.
That F3 is great, but I still like the 1F2 in the corner, ill explain why.

Ive been typing on a phone lately... Lol

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I am sure that you know but I would like to further clarify the last part as I have started doing this and it has furthered my game. F112 works after (practically) full range j2. I never fully understood how much range that move truly has until then. I am not sure the damage difference between dash and F112 in combos after j2 but it is very important. Especially so in matches against BA and Aquaman where those perfectly spaced j2 are HUGE.
F1 connects after the furthest whip confirm? Thats a big deal. Rather than ending with an unsafe dash, F1 can leave you plus.

Reborn

Noob
F1 connects after the furthest whip confirm? Thats a big deal. Rather than ending with an unsafe dash, F1 can leave you plus.
Exactly, it is REALLY good. I just quickly tested it and every time I hit with j2 I combo'd with F112. There were a few times at MAX range (testing against CW who sorta has a weird hitbox) where the F1 hit, the 1 wiffed, but the 2 continued to combo so maybe you lose out on a bit on damage but still the better option.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Exactly, it is REALLY good. I just quickly tested it and every time I hit with j2 I combo'd with F112. There were a few times at MAX range (testing against CW who sorta has a weird hitbox) where the F1 hit, the 1 wiffed, but the 2 continued to combo so maybe you lose out on a bit on damage but still the better option.
As long as that F1 connects were in the gold.

Blakexton

Shinnuk
The F1 definitely hits, it's what i've been using after a J2. Not too sure if it works on everybody but it's much safer to go with the F1, 1, 2 rather than the dash.

webreg

Noob
Yes, I used to confirm j2 into dash but I'm not really good at confirming so I tend to mess it up in the heat of the battle, get blocked and blown up. j2 into F1(12) however works really well and that's what I've been using for quite a while now.

webreg

Noob
The Double F3 combos are supposed to be done by accident. Your meterless BnB will use Double F3 for the knockdown, but occasionally you might whiff the second F3 and you can do the follow up. If you're INTENDING on spending meter from the start, you should be using the Ra Helios Dash Whiff combo.
Ah I see. Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
What about if you're jumping back with the j2 sneaky hit confirm? What options do we have there because I usually end up just Cat dashing.
If the opponent is grounded, a backward jumping 2 at max range will STILL allow a F1 to connect.

However, if you jump back and hit them with jp2 while they are in the air, even a CatDash can miss sometimes because of how they fall back. If you expect this, you can cancel Jp2 into MB B3 with back,back. It doesn't always hit, but it could be a hail mary to win a round.

The MB B3 cancel from a jp2 is actually amazing because it gives you 26% unclashable from a jp2.

Thank you for this. It helped a lot! I can't seem to get the double whiff at all, any tips would be greatly appreciated.. And it would be great if you expanded it to AA and corner BnBs. Thanks again t0 everyone that made it possible.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Thank you for this. It helped a lot! I can't seem to get the double whiff at all, any tips would be greatly appreciated.. And it would be great if you expanded it to AA and corner BnBs. Thanks again t0 everyone that made it possible.
I'll repeat what we've already been saying about it. You have to time it perfectly, to hit their heel. It's very hard to do. Don't try to do it in a fight. Just try to do the Double F3 knockdown, and MAYBE it might happen. And then you can follow it up with F2 MB Dash.

The reason you shouldn't be trying for it is because the Ra Helios Dash Whiff combos do the same high damage for one bar as the Double F3 Whiff combos, and they're infinitely easier. So if you hit them and you already know you want to use a bar and take big damage, don't try for the F3 Whiff combo because it could easily fail, whereas the Dash Whiff combo will work 10 times out of 10.

I'll repeat what we've already been saying about it. You have to time it perfectly, to hit their heel. It's very hard to do. Don't try to do it in a fight. Just try to do the Double F3 knockdown, and MAYBE it might happen. And then you can follow it up with F2 MB Dash.

The reason you shouldn't be trying for it is because the do the same high damage for one bar as the Double F3 Whiff combos, and they're infinitely easier. So if you hit them and you already know you want to use a bar and take big damage, don't try for the F3 Whiff combo because it could easily fail, whereas the Dash Whiff combo will work 10 times out of 10.
Ok, makes sense. I just hit the double F3 on accident in an online match. I'm going to start just using the Ra Helios Dash Whiff combos and try to convert if the double whiff happens. This post was EXTREMELY helpful. I really want to keep getting better with Catwoman. Thanks again for the help, man.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Love the vids, but I end to whiff the Double F3 a lot, and I could only dream of hitting 1F2 or 122 at the end. What would you recommend until I can nail those consistently?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Love the vids, but I end to whiff the Double F3 a lot, and I could only dream of hitting 1F2 or 122 at the end. What would you recommend until I can nail those consistently?
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/catwoman-bnbs-vs-f3-meterless-pressure-corner-pressure-j2.32162/
www.testyourmight.com/threads/the-importance-of-f3-in-combos.32352/

You wont nail them consistently. That`s not the idea. The idea is that if it happens when youre doing a regular Double F3 knockdown, you can follow up after it. Don`t TRY for it from the begining because there are better more reliable ways to to get the same damage.

MK_Al

Noob
Love the vids, but I end to whiff the Double F3 a lot
I can't seem to get the double whiff at all, any tips would be greatly appreciated..

The key to hit f3f3 is to connect the first f3 as early as possible so the opponent gains maximum height. Then hit another f3 as soon as CW touches the ground. The problem is, when you hit both f3 perfect, the second one goes under your opponent without connecting. So in reality you've got to delay the second f3 for very few frames.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
How do you get the cat dash to cross them up after a 1f2 or whatever does that? Do you walk at all or just do it in place? Does it work with 112 claws b3 ji3 1f2?

Edit: Nevermind I got it literally twice 15 seconds after I typed this lol.

Xeltos

- Like how i did that?
Pretty sure this guide just leveled up my game x9001.
Very very very great stuff. x.x
Catwoman's a character i never thought i'd use..but using her just feels so good and so right despite the little knowledge i had before checking out this thread/other threads here.

Thanks a bunch for all of his tech. ;D

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Pretty sure this guide just leveled up my game x9001.
Very very very great stuff. x.x
Catwoman's a character i never thought i'd use..but using her just feels so good and so right despite the little knowledge i had before checking out this thread/other threads here.

Thanks a bunch for all of his tech. ;D
Yeah she's a rewarding character to play. She's big on hit confirms.