What's new

Guide The Complete Combo Guide to Catwoman

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
NEW!!!
I.C.K. Combos ("It Could Kill")

Combos using 4 bars to take 66% to 73% can be see here:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/catwoman-it-could-kill-combos-up-to-73.44542/

(This guide does not show all combos. It presents formulas to follow from your commonly used combo starters midscreen. I'm trying to avoid a page full of 50 different combos.)

We have a lot of combos.

It's about time we did a breakdown of their damage, advantages, and disadvantages. F3 is provided as the ender, but you can use 1F2 or 122 if that's more comfortable, which also give different setups. All these combos can be performed from your fast punish 112, or your mixup strings B12D3, F112, and 2D2. **

jp2, B12D3 Dash, B3, F3, F3 = 39%

I think we're all in agreement now that Double F3 is the way to go if you're not using meter. While Siren's Double F3 whiff combos (seen below) can be a real challenge, we know that we can reliably get the hard knockdown by just letting the second F3 hit them.

The execution is pretty standard, and the Double F3 knockdown grants a unique physical property allowing Catwoman to pass through the opponent's body with a F1, B2, etc, to appear on their other side for her mixup options. It also provides a hard-to-escape situation for planting a bomb on an interactable. You want this knockdown whenever you can get it. If you miss it often, you can end it 1F2 or 122.

jp2, B12D3 Dash, B3, F3, F2 Dash MB, F3 = 44%

Catwoman's meter is really important, but sometimes you may want to spend a bar on some extra damage. You'll get about 4%-5% more. You still get a hard knockdown, but it requires a dash to continue your pressure.

Both "Standard" BnB's can use CatClaws instead of Dash to grant max wall carry, and they're great for hit confirming your combos into a stage measurement, to direct your opponent to the nearest interactable that you want to use. See "The Mad Science of Interactables" for ways to direct combos to interactables. http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/the-mad-science-of-interactables-controlling-combo-carry-distance-for-interactable-spacing.33245/

jp2, B12D3 Dash, B3, F3, F3, F2 Dash MB, F3 = 48%

If you time the second F3 of the Standard Meterless BnB perfectly, it will whiff, allowing for a high damage combo ender. The combo is very flashy and hard hitting, but if you're already planning to spend a bar on high damage, you shouldn't be trying for it because it's easy to accidentally hit them with the 2nd F3, and you've lost your opportunity for damage. Which brings us to....

jp2, B12D3 Claws, F2 Dash MB whiff, B3, F3, F3 = 47%

By hitting someone with only the second hit of the meter-burn CatDash, you can reduce the damage scaling in your combos. The timing is easy to learn, and the combo is very reliable. It even makes the double F3 hard knockdown easier to hit. So you get virtually the same damage as the Siren combo, while preserving the knockdown. If you're planning to use the meter when you hit them, confirm into Claws and do this combo. This is particularly nice after a D1 Claws, granting a 38% combo.

jp2, B12D3 Dash, B3, F3, 12 Bounce, F3, F3 = 45%
jp2, B12D3 Dash, B3, F3, 12 Bounce, F3, F2 Dash MB, F3 = 49%

As part of your habit of measuring stage positioning upon a dash, you can tell that you are in range to juggle into an Environmental Bounce. These combos are pretty easy to execute, but if you already know that you're near the bounce zone, there's a better option...

jp2, B12D3 Bounce, F3, F2 Dash MB, B3, F3, F3 = 53%
jp2, B12D3 Bounce, F3, F2 Dash MB, B3, F3, F2 Trait = 58%

**Weird hurtboxes make B21D2 and F112 whiff on certain characters in certain
stances. Use 112 bounce if fighting one of those characters. See thread for explanation.. http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/character-specific-stance-changes-effect-environmental-bounces-ridiculous.33486/

Canceling any of your strings directly into the Bounce has huge benefits:
- damage is bumped up by another 4%
- execution is smooth once you get the timing of the first F3
- the F3 after the B3 is immediate and impossible to miss
- provides opportunity for Double F3 hard knockdown still with pass-through-body properties, or an easy 1F2/122 for the same damage

This combo takes very high damage and could warrant the spending of your Trait at the end. We're approaching the 60% zone with these combos, so 5-7% extra damage from your Trait could close out a round, or give you such a significant life lead that you can turtle for a bit and wait to capitalize on a mistake.

jp2, B12D3 Bounce, F3, F2 Dash MB whiff, B3, F3, F3 = 55%
jp2, B12D3 Bounce, F3, F2 Dash MB whiff, B3, F3, F2 Trait = 61%

Taking the theory of using whiffed meter-burn dashes to avoid damage scaling, a high placed F3 after the Bounce will allow you to hit a high F2 into a whiffed Dash. The same double F3 hard knockdown is given at the end, or F2 Trait will bring the combo to 61%, at this point the highest possible damage for Catwoman!

While a bit unpractical to go for, if you're doing the normal Environmental Bounce Confirm, and you notice that the F3 sent them very high, you can realize that and then go for this. You shouldn't be trying to do this combo from the start, because it requires a high-hitting F3, which could easily cause the entire combo to be dropped if it whiffs.

B3, F3, 12 Bounce, F2 Dash MB, F3, = 48%

A normal B3 leads to anywhere from 29% to 39% damage depending on your meter usage. But a B3 near an Environmental Bounce raises it significantly to 48%. By now, you're seeing how crucial these bounces are.

I haven't included corner combos or AA or anything like that. Would anyone like to see those included here? This page is mostly here to serve as an analysis between midscreen BnB's, but I can expand it.

Last edited:

MK_Al

Noob
As this is called the "complete combo guide" there are a few things that might be worth noticing:

- You can use b12u3 as combo starter as well
- You can use f2d31 as combo starter. Though it's not recommended, since it's -18 on block and the opponents trajectory after b3 is kind of wheird. No b3 f3 setup possible as far as I can tell.
- On block, most of CWs starter strings (not sure if its the case with all combo starter strings) can be countered with super moves when trying to cancel them into specials to make them safe

- Easy wakeup-stuff combo I (though not working on "true" wake-ups...)
starter of choice, b3, f3, 1f2 -> j1, starter of choice, repeat. You might add 11 for additional 1-2% damage, depending on weather you start with a jumping 1 or not:
j1, b12d3 xx bf1, b3, f3, 1f2 ...38%
j1, b12d3 xx bf1, b3, f3, 11, 1f2 ...39%
j1, b12d3 xx bf1, b3, f3, 1f2 ...36%
j1, b12d3 xx bf1, b3, f3, 11, 1f2 ...38%

- Easy wakeup-stuff combo II, crossup setup
starter of choice, b3, f3, 122 -> j1, starter of choice, repeat. You might again add 11 for additional 1-2% damage

- Overhead combos, no meter:

f112 ...

b2, f11 xx trait ...32%
b2, f11 xx bf1 ...20%

33b2, b3, f3 ...29%
33b2, b3, j1, 1f2 ...32% (jump in setup)
33b2, b3, j1, 122 ...32% (crossup setup)
33b2, b3, j1, 112 xx catstance 3 ...35%
33b2, b3, j1, 11, 1f2 ...28% (combo ends after 11, 1f2 crosses up the opponent)

While b2 has more startup than f1 it might stuff d1 attempts. The combos deal less damage and don't offer any setups, so overall I don't see any reason to use b2. 33 is an interesting choice because it deals more damage than b2 (but still less than f112) and leaves you at +1 in case it is blocked, giving you the choice to d1 xx catclaws (neutral) or 112 xx catclaws (in case the opponent is not ducking). 33 starts faster than f112 but needs less distance.

- Overhead combos ine meter
b2 xx MB bd2,...
33b2 xx MB bd2,...

Not worth the meter in my opinion.

Anyway, very good article so far.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
MK_Al MashPotatoTower - this is complete in the sense that, like Under_The_Mayo said, it provides the formula to achieve the ideal damage and setup scenarios. It's not helpful to have 300 combo's listed with the 1% difference of damage between them. As people learn the character, they will understanding which starters will yield what amount of damage for a certain combo.

Also, this is not a "complete" combo list in the sense that it lists every single combo possible to Catwoman. However, to think that that would be a good thing is counterproductive. These are the best combo's available to Catwoman as we know her at this point in time. If things change, Mayo and I will work together to get new videos up.

Great post as always Mayo.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
LOL at the people harping about the title of the guide...ugh, get scratched. It would take weeks to present ALL of her combos...as you can see in my BNB/List thread. Good write up and presentation, as usual, Mayo! I'm proud and grateful you are a member of this team. ;)
Under_The_Mayo

MK_Al

Noob
...it provides the formula to achieve the ideal damage and setup scenarios. It's not helpful to have 300 combo's listed with the 1% difference of damage between them...
...Also, this is not a "complete" combo list in the sense that it lists every single combo possible to Catwoman...
The reason for posting these combos was not to make the list "complete", as a CW player I am well aware that she has tons of combos. I am also well aware that most CW mainer know this stuff. I posted these Strings because they are the most reliable, and I feel like the 33 string is underrated. And for someone starting to play CW this might be interresting information.

Also there is no reason to "defend" Majos article or title, I appreciate it the way it is and was just making a suggestion.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Just for the sake of completion, I would vote for corner combos to be included.

Also because I'm a lazy-ass.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Good thread, although I still feel some of these combos are too strict to do in the heat of the moment. But what do I know lol.

webreg

Noob
I want to see someone do the double F3 whiff combo in tournament. Prove me wrong lol
Right, only seen it once from Krayzie and he was so surprised he got it (he dropped it twice in the same match before) that he just stood there in awe and was sub-sequentially hit with a wake up attack. I think this was the last time in that particular tournament that he even tried it.

Zoidberg747

Right, only seen it once from Krayzie and he was so surprised he got it (he dropped it twice in the same match before) that he just stood there in awe and was sub-sequentially hit with a wake up attack. I think this was the last time in that particular tournament that he even tried it.
Yeah, if Krayzie can't do it I dont know if anyone can lol.

But hey, if someone feels they got it down I dont know why they wouldnt do it. Just remember that less damage is better than dropping a combo and being full combo punishable

webreg

Noob
16Bit was able to do it quite reliably but his execution prowess is over the top anyway so not a very good example. However, if I recall correctly then I have only seen him doing it at the weekly gatherings and not in a regular tournament setting.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Zoidberg747
webreg

The Double F3 combos are supposed to be done by accident. Your meterless BnB will use Double F3 for the knockdown, but occasionally you might whiff the second F3 and you can do the follow up. If you're INTENDING on spending meter from the start, you should be using the Ra Helios Dash Whiff combo.

Zoidberg747

Zoidberg747
webreg

The Double F3 combos are supposed to be done by accident. Your meterless BnB will use Double F3 for the knockdown, but occasionally you might whiff the second F3 and you can do the follow up. If you're INTENDING on spending meter from the start, you should be using the Ra Helios Dash Whiff combo.
So you mean to say....that a BnB is supposed to be done by accident?

Lol I get what your saying, thanks for clearing that up.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
Zoidberg747
webreg

I actually know the timing for both F3 enders. But its harder on pad for me.

Believe it or not, I'm a better stick player on this game by far. Unfortunately, I don't own a stick, so I cant really practice on it consistently. So I use a pad for tournaments, and honestly, its a pain... lol

---------------------------------------

Here are my tournament BNB's I use for those interested. My favorite is Mayo's corner BNB by far. I've found really dirty shit with the ending set-up. I'll be posting my guide soon, so I'll do my best to explain why that ender is so good after the corner BNB.

Easy Meterless Mid-Screen: B12D3 Claws, B3, j3, 112 Stance 3

Harder Meterless Mid-Screen: B12D3 Claws, B3, F3, F3
Hardest Meterless Mid-Screen: B12D3 Claws, B3, F3, F3, 1F2

1 Bar Mid-Screen: B12D3 Claws, B3, F3, F3, 112 MB Dash, 1F2

Corner BNB: F112 Stance 1, F2 Up Whip, 112 MB Dash, 1F2

I also have some BNB's that start with a J2 dash. I think we should all have staple J2 bnb's that don't exactly transition into B1, etc. J2 has great range, so getting a J2 from a distance and the most possible damage after it is important.

Reborn

Noob
I actually know the timing for both F3 enders. But its harder on pad for me.

Believe it or not, I'm a better stick player on this game by far. Unfortunately, I don't own a stick, so I cant really practice on it consistently. So I use a pad for tournaments, and honestly, its a pain... lol

---------------------------------------

Here are my tournament BNB's I use for those interested. My favorite is Mayo's corner BNB by far. I've found really dirty shit with the ending set-up. I'll be posting my guide soon, so I'll do my best to explain why that ender is so good after the corner BNB.

Easy Meterless Mid-Screen: B12D3 Claws, B3, j3, 112 Stance 3

Harder Meterless Mid-Screen: B12D3 Claws, B3, F3, F3
Hardest Meterless Mid-Screen: B12D3 Claws, B3, F3, F3, 1F2

1 Bar Mid-Screen: B12D3 Claws, B3, F3, F3, 112 MB Dash, 1F2

Corner BNB: F112 Stance 1, F2 Up Whip, 112 MB Dash, 1F2

I also have some BNB's that start with a J2 dash. I think we should all have staple J2 bnb's that don't exactly transition into B1, etc. J2 has great range, so getting a J2 from a distance and the most possible damage after it is important.
I am sure that you know but I would like to further clarify the last part as I have started doing this and it has furthered my game. F112 works after (practically) full range j2. I never fully understood how much range that move truly has until then. I am not sure the damage difference between dash and F112 in combos after j2 but it is very important. Especially so in matches against BA and Aquaman where those perfectly spaced j2 are HUGE.