What's new

The community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Why are you defending shitty behavior?

The problem with budgeting so low is that things undoubtedly happen. You paid one guy for your rides for a weekend, but suddenly he leaves early due to XYZ and then you're stuck. You were promised a spot on the floor of a room for $30, but some random 15 year-old ended up puking all over the floor and then passing out in the middle of it. You *promised* yourself that you weren't gonna go out and spend too much money, then suddenly you're getting blowjobs in a strip club. The fact of the matter is that tournaments are fun, but fun 99.9999% of the time costs money. If you're going to be budgeting as low as $200, then you better be making concessions like bringing your own bread, peanut butter, chips, and soda, because otherwise you might be screwed when shit hits the fan.
I have been attending tournaments for 10 years straight, without a break, and I can promise you that even if I had to pay venue fee, I wouldn't be spending much more than $300 a weekend. I always carpool, I always split a room, I make SURE of it before I go. That's part of budgeting.

Based on Saturday/Sunday

Split a 2 day room with only one other person = ~$120 (for one of the two days)
Venue fee = up to $40
MK9 = $10
Food = $100
Chip in gas = $50 (generous?)

Total = $320

This weekend cost me roughly $250 because I don't pay venue fee since I'm a TO, I even saw a movie and stayed 3 days. I've never brought more than $200 cash with me to a tournament. If you budget for $400 for a local, driving only required tournament, you should be fine.

Edit:

The funniest thing in this thread so far is "you rigged the brackets" - ROFLMFAOOMGWTFWTHROFLCOPTERBBQ

Wow.. Everything from Kevo to fucking EVERYTHING in this thread is stupid.. The MK community is great. People are so humble in this community and when these assholes come in it has to stop. Blow these fuckers up. Everyone is offering to buy rev and STH a new copy of MK9. Look at this community! It's fucking great! So why should we lose a bunch of great players because of an indecent accident like this?

Fuck, man. STH you gotta stay!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
When I got to the room, they were like, "BLACKULA, GET IN THE TUB!!!"

My reaction..................................................:confused:
At the point I was so drunk that if it were me I probably would have belly flopped into it but as a sober man I would of had the same reason lmao

Highlight of the night though was probably me vs SwiftTomHanks in a race around hallway twice lol in which I got destroyed by his nimbleness and then proceeded to ask random people through out the hotel who would win Superman or Hulk.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Yes, THIS! Wanna_Die, the fat slob that he is, literally sat next to the Vodka I bought for myself, my friend Samantha, Tom Brady and Reo at Devastation while we were all drunk and bullshitting in a packed hotel room. I kept looking over and he kept sipping right out of the bottle...that shit was Grey Goose man...
The Greek MK players are crazy and I love them. Over the weekend of WGC they must have gone through about 5 bottles of Vodka they were drinking straight from the bottle. I don't think anyone is as badass as those guys.

A few things here:
  1. I come from a chess background, where it's not uncommon to see 7 year olds kicking the shit out of grown men. You people just need to get the fuck over it. You're playing against someone's mind, and yeah, there's a good chance that a kid's mind is better-wired to gaming than yours. It says nothing about you as an older person. The thing that DOES say something about your character is a grown man making personal attacks on a young kid. What the fuck, people?
  2. You all need to get fucking jobs, cash in those savings bonds, or get your parents to pay your way. I'm so fucking sick of seeing the same shit on forums and even on the Woolay Show. I'm gonna be a Big Grown-Up here and tell you all what you need to expect to pay for:
    • Food for AN ENTIRE WEEKEND = $273
      • $15 per sit down meal + 20% tip = $18 (figure 2 a day if you're fancy) x 2 = $36
      • $7 per quick meal x 3 cuz you're a boy = $21
      • $2 per soda you get from the vending machine x 2 = $4
      • $2 per bag of Skittles or chips or whatever x 3 = $6
      • $12 per case of beer x 2 = $24
Seriously, $12 a 6 pack sure, $12 a case that is not beer it is piss water with a tiny bit of alcohol.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
These stories are really discouraging for someone who is thinking about or wants to attend a tournament for the experience. just sayin.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Wait, nearly $300 for food for a weekend? I don't spend $300 on food for an entire month! What the hell are you guys eating!? At Final Round I spent under $20 for food the whole weekend, THERE'S NO TIME TO EAT!!
I guess part of my point was to highlight how easy it is to spend $300 on food alone during a weekend. It's very convenient to just grab snacks throughout the day at overpriced vending machines, go out for breakfast and dinner to a sit-down place, run to McDonald's for lunch, etc. It adds up VERY quickly. Keep in mind, too, that you spend way more on food when you're away from home--chances are you're not bringing groceries for the weekend.

Noob
The funniest thing in this thread so far is "you rigged the brackets" - ROFLMFAOOMGWTFWTHROFLCOPTERBBQ
That statement does 2 things to me:

1. Makes me so angry I want to punch babies

2. Makes me laugh so hard at the stupidity of the person who would think we would do that.

Ignorance of how something is done does not excuse the stupidity of your remarks and those remarks have been duly noted.

gdf

Noob
The most ridiculous thing I have seen is that this has become a "Let's hate on Kevo" thread. The truth of the matter is that when tensions are high and a large group of people are castigating you without the entire story, of course you would get agitated.

The problem is how the ENTIRE community was during the event. I find this sort of special treatment just because someone is your friend, rather than addressing how all parties involved were acting during the event, is the exact reason why I didn't join the Capcom community.

But what the hell do I know? I'm an unknown, and my opinion is never taken into consideration.

Flagg

Noob
Wait, nearly $300 for food for a weekend? I don't spend $300 on food for an entire month! What the hell are you guys eating!? At Final Round I spent under $20 for food the whole weekend, THERE'S NO TIME TO EAT!!
Even if the MK community gorge in over-priced franchise fast food chains (usually the norm) you cant spend 300 dollars in a weekend. Fuck, give me 300 dollars and i'll put on 5 course meals each day and have money left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.