What's new

The community

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty guys, I'm kind of disgusted myself. What the hell happened to this community?

As far as the pool issues go, I wasn't aware of this stuff happening. Me and STH went through the pre-reg list and moved people around so there were no pools of death before the tournament started. That being said, however, we treat MK at ECT like any other major game. It says right on the website, if you register late, you have a high probability of playing other players from your area. I don't know why people would want to spend $40 on a venue fee, but it's the risk you take. We run ECT on a schedule, plain and simple. We do our best to stick to that schedule. With that, provided there's not some gigantic explosion of players in the kommunity before ECT5, we'll delay MK an hour or two so the MK staff can make the pools with the full list. I'm being 100% honest with you guys when I say this: MK is the only group that had this problem. SCV, KoF, Capcom, no one else had a stacked bracket problem.

If you guys ever have a problem with something at a tournament, especially with these crazy ass hotel room issues I've been hearing about from the MK rooms, call me, Joe, Shock, Simon, someone. We'll start kicking people out of rooms. Not being able to sleep in your own bed is a ridiculous problem no one should have.

The only way that should happen is if you wait too long to book a flight. My roundtrip flight from GA to Philly was $175. People need to realize that you can't wait until a week, or even a month before the flight to book it. Book it several months early to get a better deal. Should be common knowledge, but you'd be surprised.
I booked it 5 months prior, but i didn't care, i wanted to support the game and I had a blast.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
In all honesty guys, I'm kind of disgusted myself. What the hell happened to this community?

As far as the pool issues go, I wasn't aware of this stuff happening. Me and STH went through the pre-reg list and moved people around so there were no pools of death before the tournament started. That being said, however, we treat MK at ECT like any other major game. It says right on the website, if you register late, you have a high probability of playing other players from your area. I don't know why people would want to spend $40 on a venue fee, but it's the risk you take. We run ECT on a schedule, plain and simple. We do our best to stick to that schedule. With that, provided there's not some gigantic explosion of players in the kommunity before ECT5, we'll delay MK an hour or two so the MK staff can make the pools with the full list. I'm being 100% honest with you guys when I say this: MK is the only group that had this problem. SCV, KoF, Capcom, no one else had a stacked bracket problem.

If you guys ever have a problem with something at a tournament, especially with these crazy ass hotel room issues I've been hearing about from the MK rooms, call me, Joe, Shock, Simon, someone. We'll start kicking people out of rooms. Not being able to sleep in your own bed is a ridiculous problem no one should have.
If my original post made it sound like the problems were with the actual tournament, they were not. The only suggestion I have is to provide each side community with the full updated list rather than pool by pool. I only think one pool had 1 too many top level players in it. That was pool 5 (or 6?). One of those top level players was never in the pool from our pre tournament list. He got moved into it somehow while I was gone.

The issue is with our MK community, not the ECT staff. Outside our people, ECT4 was a blast. We, the MK players need to start acting with class in the future.

No I know, but if something happens at ECT, it's just as much ECT's issue as it is the MK kommunity's. We don't want to treat MK9 as a side game, we want to treat it as a main game like everything else.

Next year, we'll staff MK ourselves with people we know. It sucks, but if the kommunity can't have people help out and run a pool for an hour and a half and just want to disappear after saying they'd help out, there's no point in giving them a pink shirt or free venue, like STH said. We know we don't pay you guys, we wish we had enough money to do so just like we'd like to pay everyone who wore a pink shirt this weekend. But ECT, just like every other major tournament out there, depends on volunteer help from the respective communities. This is just as much your tournament as it is ours, and we put the MK kommunity in control of its own tournament.

STH: sucks to hear what you went through. but again, you definitely should have put your foot down when necessary. you sleeping in the parking lot is your OWN fault. sorry bro, but i call it like i see it.

if I was put in that situation...

fuck that I would have NEVER put myself in that situation.

kevo: LMFAO u silly...MM that one guy, and call it a day. FREE MONEY! ^_^

goldfishkeeper: i appreciate what you said about me earlier. thank you!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
First and foremost, where in my post am i downplaying SF's ability? I don't see and never did i intend to down play him. If anybody is mis-interpretting that, go fuck yourself and learn basic english. I don't get mad easily usually but when somebody misinterprets my words into something, then we got a big fucking problem. I forget what major it was where came and wrecked it but i saw the gameplay and thought to myself, damn kids got it. When i heard STH call out in pool one that i'd be playing SF, the first thing that went through my mind was fuck, this kid will wreck me, however i didn't go down without a fight (and SF said) and when the set was over we shook hands and were goods sports about the whole thing and you know "i like this and that yadda yadda good luck" NEVER, and feel a huge urge to repeat this serveral fucking times since some dumbass mis-interpretted what i said on the Woolay show after ECT, NEVER ONCE was i salty, pissed, angry, etc. that i lost to SF. NEVER ONCE did i downplay SF, NEVER! In fact i hardly had problems with the game during that match except for maybe one or two d3's coming out as standing 3's. I got mad at this game with my set with Hito, both Hito and I had many problems with inputs and Neg Edge. Our NJP's didn't register at key times, certain moves were coming out that i don't recall inputting at all.
Second, if the game was a bit more fluid, i would put a bit more time into it. As a fulltime student and somebody who works a 35-45 hour work week at times and who happens to love more games than just MK and other fighters, i tend to float around at times on what to play. There is only so much time i can spend playing MK before some of its problems get to me, or i feel compelling urges to play something else.
Third, about me being embarrassed, i used to play a sport in a competitive environment but got an injury that doesn't allow me to play said sport anymore without intense pain. However i still have a very competitive personality. Our group never played different age teams, teams were sorted by age, and we never played against different aged teams unless it were a scrimage, and if you lost to a team younger than yours, that's pretty goddamn embarrassing. Not to mention in this sport the younger teams seemed to think they were better than all (props SF for being the exact opposite of this, SF is a very humble player and i will respect that to the death) I am well aware this is a shitty excuse but it is how i'm wired.

Oh and whoever mis-interpretted what i fucking said, you know goddamn well who the fuck you are (and anybody who is reading this now most likely will) fuck you. I respect you as a player but from the impression i have of you so far, you are one shitty fucking person. Any other questions?
lol

ok dude..........relax

Complain about the game all you want however It isnt perfect but if it were you would probably have the same issues you have now fundamentally

Its just the truth and Hito is known as the biggest complainer about it. Its nothing personal it's just NO ONE wants to hear it.

Hell if it were perfect imagine how much better everyone would play

We play the same imperfect game and the field is balanced

teh_jawNie

Teh God Himself
lol

ok dude..........relax

Complain about the game all you want however It isnt perfect but if it were you would probably have the same issues you have now fundamentally

Its just the truth and Hito is known as the biggest complainer about it. Its nothing personal it's just NO ONE wants to hear it.

well put

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
lol

ok dude..........relax

I didn't post that make a point about how the game functions... lol...

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
At the point I was so drunk that if it were me I probably would have belly flopped into it but as a sober man I would of had the same reason lmao

Highlight of the night though was probably me vs SwiftTomHanks in a race around hallway twice lol in which I got destroyed by his nimbleness and then proceeded to ask random people through out the hotel who would win Superman or Hulk.
I laughed at this quite a bit harder than I should have lol

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
SwiftTomHanks I just got finished reading your post about what happened. All I can say is wow...I never thought people in the community could be such fucking scumbags. FR being my only major thus far, I had absolutely no problems with a hotel room; so I didnt think such bullshit could have even been possible....I mean, being forced out of your own room and end up sleeping in the parking garage??? That shit is fucking unbelievable.

I wish there was a way I could convince you to stay in the community, but I wouldnt think twice about leaving if that shit happened to me, so I understand. I hope things in the UK work out for you man.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.