What's new

The community

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Take this for what it is swift, a minority that ruined it for the majority. Don't let an incident like this put a downer on an otherwise awesome community.

I may be up in Glasgow around Oct time if you fancy a few games? I'll ditch the girlfriend whilst she's shoe shopping... ;)

And Kevo? Hmm needs context tbh someone could have been shit talking him all day. Not classy though.

Take this for what it is swift, a minority that ruined it for the majority. Don't let an incident like this put a downer on an otherwise awesome community.

I may be up in Glasgow around Oct time if you fancy a few games? I'll ditch the girlfriend whilst she's shoe shopping... ;)

And Kevo? Hmm needs context tbh someone could have been shit talking him all day. Not classy though.
Kevo doesnt need context for this because of his personality,if you ever talked to him on XBL or in RL you would know he is always like this.

BS3OOO

Noob
Swift I understand you trying to be a nice guy and all, but there are some things you just shouldn't have to put up with. If I'm paying the most, I'm getting a bed! Goin to the car isn't even an option. If someone comes in the room, they have to talk to me or something. There will be no randoms dropping a load and shaving. I've been told by plenty of people that I'm TOO nice, but I've also learned not to let people take advantage of my kindness. That will release a lot of stress, trust me. Like others have sade, I wouldn't let a few disrespectful guys flood your whole perception of an otherwise good community though.

And about the Kevo video...we don't need anybody to think our community is a hostile environment! You can sort of differentiate the serious trash talking from the hype trash talking in the forums though. I'm honestly not surprised something like that happened. It's still bad...

Speaking of stealing; the reason why Pherleece had to step away from the ballroom was due to getting no sleep. The reason for this was due to over a dozen people sleeping in our hotel room in which we paid for. Of the 12 people that were in our hotel room, over half had not paid for the room; most of which had no intent to ever do so the whole weekend. After I was kicked out of my own room which I had paid more for than anyone there I went to sleep in my car. AC1984, Pheerleece, and a few others followed to their cars as well. I'm not sure how it went for others, but once I was in my car it got even worse... MikeMetroid's brother then came down, got in my car and forced me to attempt sleeping in an upright car seat. I spent most of the night sleeping on the parking garage floor.
Dude that's fucked up. I wish I had known; Alex and I wouldn't have let you spend the night in a parking garage.

Man, i remember when i got locked out of cdjr's room, and had to sleep outside. Pretty much stayed up the whole time talking to James till he passed out. Came back, the next day, drank a cup of tea, and won my first tournament. Good times.

Don't let it get to you, Andrew. You know i always give you the best advice, and i'd advise to do exactly what you said already. Good luck in UK. You better be inviting me to one of those private events. It's the summer time. Cmon.

Keep cool brotha.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'll be leaving the MK community as well. After hearing constant downplaying of people's abilities because of their character and seeing Rapzilla leave HIS room to sleep in his car, I don't want to take part in this. I also got fucked over in my pool big time because people showed up 5 hours after the tournament started haha :p
You can leave as long as you agree that whenever I come back to tournies that you meet me at the next major.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
STH:

Slow down and take a deep breath. The things you listed here, all come down to 1 or 2 issues; namely not laying down the law. We all want to help each other, but if people get used to being able to do whatever they want, they lose discipline.

This means:

1) Laying down the law about hotel rooms -- no freeloaders; pay your own way unless something else was agreed.

2) Laying down the law about registration -- if you're too late, you're too late. Period. You will not ruin the experience for anyone else.. And you'll be on time next time.

3) Laying down the law about staff -- If you want to be staff just to get a shirt and tell people what to do, this is not the place for you. As bad as things may have seemed, there are plenty of us in the community that are mature, and capable of conducting ourselves with respect and decency.

But don't ECT alone put the nail in the coffin for you.. Things are looking up, and the community is starting to come together a bit, especially after a great weekend on the West coast that has people giving each other respect.

Likewise to you, Sup.. It'd be a shame to see this ruin your enjoyment of a the community as a whole. Hang in there guys :(

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If I had paid for a room or had money on it, and other people in the room didn't, I would have kicked them out. There's no reason you should have let all those people stay in the room free of charge if you didn't want them in there. Niceness has its place and its limits. If it were me, I would have made everyone who didn't have money down for the room leave. If they had a problem with that, I have zero problem physically throwing you out in the hall or street for that matter.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Mannnnnnnnnnn

I want names NOW and I mean right NOW

I'm so mad reading what STH had to put up with

At MLG the community was beyond amazing and supportive and to hear this happened I just ak for names becUse if u won't blow them up I will and I will do it HArD

Listen it needs to be done

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Mannnnnnnnnnn

At MLG the community was beyond amazing and supportive and to hear this happened I just ak for names becUse if u won't blow them up I will and I will do it HArD

I agree, we need to start holding people more accountable for their behavior.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Mannnnnnnnnnn

THIS.

If we are to survive as a community, some order must be established.

Judge Dredd? Nay...I say, "Judge Pig". Make it so!

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Im realizing that the secret tech for surviving tournies is to get your own room and don't tell anyone where it is.

Also, don't answer the door because random capcom kids go around knocking on any door and will take your shit over.
It's terrible that there are so many grimy people in the community that lack morals.

At WB I stopped by a friends room and they just had random people knocking on the door asking if there was a party in there...WTF?! It would really suck if you were a guest at the hotel not playing any games and you have people knocking on your door at 12am.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Hey man you did all you could. All i know is that you are chill as hell and get things done. I honestly tried to just stay out of the way and made sure to thank all of you guys later. If i wasnt nervous as hell because it was my first major event I woulda been in the trenches helping you guys out any way I could. Thank you for everything you have done, and i hope I am invited to one of these private events, cuz you are one of my absolute favorites that i have met in my short time with this community.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't get how people are traveling to tournaments with zero-dollars in their pockets. Why would you even go for that? How is that even fun for you? IF you can't afford it, stay the fuck home.
Again, the way you do that is to stop giving people free passes for douchebaggery.. Showing up late and not being allowed to compete, or showing up expecting to freeload and not having a place to sleep will get your priorities in order quickly.

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
@SwiftTomHanks im really glad I got to sit down and talk to you in depth about this weekend before you left. I never really post on forums due to lack of time but I told you , nice guys finish last. You are one of the nicest guys in the MK community and you got a really raw end deal this weekend . Sounds like some people really walked all over you.....

Shock and I will personally take care of some of your expenses for this weekend , we will also for @pherleece

as far as anyone who stayed in @SwiftTomHanks room, you guys should all pay up for the nights you were there. I mean this is expensive ... The hotel was sold out there were no rooms anywhere , the least you guys could do is put some money up in paypal for the guy and whoever drove with him should paypal some gas and toll credit. Be fair , who gets things for free?? all of you who stayed know who you are so just do the right thing and give the guy some funds. I mean its not gonna change the way he feels but its the right thing to do

I mean come on... he slept in the fucking parking lot not even his car ...

Shock and I supplied the entire tourament with cables and we were exhausted , also we really didnt know about all this until after the event. Im sorry we couldnt step in more to help you guys . It just wasnt possible

swift i do hope you come back to majors , next time we will sit down beforehand and get it all ironed out at the start

Status
Not open for further replies.