What's new

The community

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
Man im with Pig, blow em up. If i was there and saw this happening there would be some removal of people. Not respecting others is never cool in any case, but to do it to someone who is being kind and giving you opportunities is just plain wrong. I better not meet anyone who does this shit or i will show you what you deserve.

KRYS9984

Noob
The MK community is good at heart; From helping EU players get to EVO to supporting on-stream fundraisers, these acts of kindness / generosity is what keeps things going and separates MK from the rest of the FGC. No one should ever feel fucked over. :mad:

It's not just a question of money but morality. If the individuals accused feel comfortable with their actions and can read this thread knowing how much of a problem it created without feeling guilty, then it speaks volumes about their character.

SwiftTomHanks, there in no need to take drastic measures such as leaving the community (unless you feel it's the right thing to do) because at the moment you're really feeling the sting of raw deal. You just have to speak up to get things straightened out, you'll feel much better getting it off your chest. Perhaps making an example of these individuals is what's needed to assure in doesn't happen to anyone ever again.

Just my 2 cents.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Wow, I really didn't expect to wake up to this. This is terrible. I know ECT was a little bit of a clusterfuck but overall it was fun.... I'm really sorry to hear things were worse than they appeared.

SwiftTomHanks are you still going to Evo or are you backing out now?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
My copy of mk 9 is also missing. Turned on my ps last night to watch some netflix and mk9 wasn't in it. I'll take it as a sign to quit.

Goldi

Noob
Oh, wow. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I think I've been to 5 tourneys this year and never had to deal with anything close to that kind of... aggravation. I'm always willing to car pool to tournaments, but never share my room. Given, it's pretty clear why I shouldn't lol.

I do appreciate all the hard work the staff does at these things. Shout outs to Digi and Tim Static! I didn't actually know staff was made up of volunteers. I'd love to help out at the next tourney I'm at. I'd be happy to contribute to the community if I can. But it's not allowed in my bed!

Again, so terribly sorry you ran into so many inconsiderate jerks.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Damn, it surprises me how people can be so garbage at responsibility and common courtesy over stupid shit. I'm really sorry that was something you had to deal with and it's amazing of you to get such an even done even through all of that.
I wouldn't blame you at all for quitting, but I think loads of the people who were respectful and cool to you would miss you. Also this is less of a community problem and more of a personal flaw with all those people. If someone gives you something, you don't take it for granted, I never went or anything, and I'm still upset with all of that

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
My copy of mk 9 is also missing. Turned on my ps last night to watch some netflix and mk9 wasn't in it. I'll take it as a sign to quit.
Duuude, I'm super paranoid at tournaments for this very reason. For some reason, I'm guessing it's because gamers are known to be poor, they're known to be thieves as well. I always keep my shit on lock. I usually have some kind of bag and keep it by my side at every moment. But when you're nice enough to bring a console and your own games, it's hard to keep track of it 100% of the time. That's why I'll never do it. At Final Round, I actually know shit was stolen because I was told, but it wasn't mk shit that was stolen so I had no idea where it came from or who it belonged to. There's some shady ass low lifes that go to tournaments.

This quote that I heard a long time ago when something got stolen at a tournament captures my post in one sentence, "protect yo shit, or lose yo shit, ya heard?". Sucks that the FGC can't be trusted.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I find this to be rather disgusting too.

Why are two Kabal players going at each other? this is ridiculous, you should expect a little bit of camaraderie between character players at least.

I am going to be traveling half way across the world soon with a couple of friends for EVO, and I will not be subjected nor will I allow it to happen to anyone of my friends to any of this nonsense, absolutely not, if someone thinks they have a point to prove to us personally about me or my friends at this game while we are there trying to play it, then they can take it elsewhere, I will not tolerate it, we are all in this together.

This shit has to stop, or it will explode at EVO.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Duuude, I'm super paranoid at tournaments for this very reason. For some reason, I'm guessing it's because gamers are known to be poor, they're known to be thieves as well. I always keep my shit on lock. I usually have some kind of bag and keep it by my side at every moment. But when you're nice enough to bring a console and your own games, it's hard to keep track of it 100% of the time. That's why I'll never do it. At Final Round, I actually know shit was stolen because I was told, but it wasn't mk shit that was stolen so I had no idea where it came from or who it belonged to. There's some shady ass low lifes that go to tournaments.

This quote that I heard a long time ago when something got stolen at a tournament captures my post in one sentence, "protect yo shit, or lose yo shit, ya heard?". Sucks that the FGC can't be trusted.
I got my MK9's DL'd from PSN. guess they gotta gank that PS3 to get mine haha

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Why are two Kabal players going at each other? this is ridiculous, you should expect a little bit of camaraderie between character players at least.

I am going to be traveling half way across the world soon with a couple of friends for EVO, and I will not be subjected nor will I allow it to happen to anyone of my friends to any of this nonsense, absolutely not, if someone thinks they have a point to prove to us personally about me or my friends at this game while we are there trying to play it, then they can take it elsewhere, I will not tolerate it, we are all in this together.

This shit has to stop, or it will explode at EVO.
you have nothing to worry about

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Sorry man but we are already taking care of this. :) Dont worry about it, there is a lot of people who are VERY thankful for what you've done for them. We got you, brother!
Seriously, revolver first and foremost. I already made some texts to see if I can snag a free used copy from game stop, a company who I have no issues stealing from.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!

I know exactly how you feel Jugg.

At one time I stopped having sessions at my place in my local community because stuff of mine turned up missing. Mind you, this wasn't a local MK community but at the time this stuff was happening, it was all Capcom people. Overall, I must have been out $300 or more of stuff. A dual shock 3 was gone, an 360 controller was gone, XBL headset was gone, 360 charging pack for the wireless controller was one, my 360 copy of Tekken 6 was gone, I think I might have been missing a regular Sixaxis controller as well. Enough was enough and I just had to shut it down. I would open up my home to my friends and this is what happens? People walking away with my stuff, and I not knowing until one day I'm looking to play something and it's not there. The thanks some guys give you for being nice to them. And anyone in my area would tell you that I'm probably one of the nicest people there. I try my hardest to make my friends feel at home and to give them a place just to chill and game and that was the thanks I got. It took me a while before I decided to open up my home to them again.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I actually did the same thing that Andrew is thinking about doing. I would only invite people I wanted over to game.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Seriously, revolver first and foremost. I already made some texts to see if I can snag a free used copy from game stop, a company who I have no issues stealing from.
See i was going to use the money to send you a PSN card so you could DL the whole game so no one could steal it, plus you could game share it with Revolver. Your call, but the money Ive already gotten is going to you whether you like it or not, fine sir. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.