What's new

The Cheapest Character?

Meep8345

Noob
Yeah and foreverking also got 3-0'd by a joker and twice recently too as well. What I mean by "super" unsafe wakeups is that you can get a free b3 on block or whiff. If you need some examples I can provide you with them lol. And what do you mean his zoning is mediocre compared to deadshots or fates??? You wouldn't compare his zoning to someone who doesn't/can't zone lol. So yes his zoning is mediocre cause there are many characters who can zone better. You can still be predictable and still win i.e superman who's optimal play really is just f23 or even aquaman or atrocitus. If you predictable with batman you losing. Also supergirl d1 ice breath, superman d1 scope, green arrow d1 ice arrow, darkseid d1 ex knee, aquaman d1 trident rush, atrocitus d1 puddle, blue beetle d1 low stab, brainiac d1 tentacle, captain cold d1 ice puddle, starfire d1 hair flip etc etc so lol at the not many characters can
Nearly no one plays joker let alone labs the mu much and it was sonicfox. But his normals are stubby but he needs to be that way or he'd be 100% broke and his wakeups need to be easy to bait. I think the cheapest character is deadshot no doubt. Dumb zoning,stagger 50-50,really good footsies and normals, and a godlike wakeup.

Skedar70

Noob
Nearly no one plays joker let alone labs the mu much and it was sonicfox. But his normals are stubby but he needs to be that way or he'd be 100% broke and his wakeups need to be easy to bait. I think the cheapest character is deadshot no doubt. Dumb zoning,stagger 50-50,really good footsies and normals, and a godlike wakeup.
What do they even mean by stubby? Some of them are plus or they are barely negative to the point where he can jump out of pokes and punish you with a crossup jump during the recovery of your poke. He doesn't even need range cause he can always jump in on you to cover some ground and this is even worse when he has his trait out cause he can dash in while releasing the mechanical bats.

Yeah easily bro. But superman is definitely up there as well and so is atrocitus because if he's not running his same one string mind game with trait then he's backing up waiting for trait.

Meep8345

Noob
What do they even mean by stubby? Some of them are plus or they are barely negative to the point where he can jump out of pokes and punish you with a crossup jump during the recovery of your poke. He doesn't even need range cause he can always jump in on you to cover some ground and this is even worse when he has his trait out cause he can dash in while releasing the mechanical bats.
By stubby we mean he doesn't have the range most characters have on his normals which is made up with his jip2 and trait. His f23 is a good tool yes but without trait up there really is nothing you get from it. Most of the best characters in mkx and inj2 had really good normals that lead into good offense like mileena,aquaman,black adam,etc. Great neutral that can be turned into offense kind of seems common for top tier characters and batman only has great neutral like that when he gets trait up and is in jip2 range. That's when he's really cheap to me but outside of that he can play neutral decently. Also his d1 is just lol worthy but d2 is solid

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
well, i'd also say that batman loses to aquaman too, but anyways.

batman is not a super cheap character or brainless.

and what is it lately anyways with people saying these things, cheap? spamming? i thought that kind of talk was reserved for scrubs :/

If you don't know enough about the game you shouldn't worry about how good a character is or isn't. People will get mad when you beat them and blame your character but it's just them making excuses for themselves. Character strength only matters at high level play.
Whether the character mentioned is broken or not, I will again argue that balance and/or mu's do not only apply to high level players. It might come off as an excuse, but the truth these players have just as much to say as anyone. Ppl often lose to their own mistakes and blame it on the mu or charter balance and we should discourage this. However, its often just a lazy argument to put casuals in their place.

Believe it or not a lot of ppl are just as competitive as you high level players and want their opinion voiced. I personally believe batman is behind supes in the brain dead category mainly because his risk to reward ratio is completely one sided. To be able to ambiguously cross up and launch from a standing string is extremely low execution. I'm not saying he's op and beyond broken but there is definitely an argument to be made on his difficulty to be successful with.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Shazzy is a skidmark on boxers of the internet but he's more than just a troll, he's enormously good at more than just Inj.

Anyway, Batman can do some basic stuff and go very far with it. I think that's what makes a character be CONSIDERED cheap. It's a enormously powerful tool or string or some such that allows a player of almost any skill level to get a ton of mileage by doing something that has little to no downside and powerful upsides.

So, Batman has J2 crossups and pretty good frame data. He's safe and can build a lot of pressure and 'time' allowing him to J2 quite a lot, it feels like an infinite to players of lower skill (so to me, it's an infinite) who can't get out of him just looping safe strings into j2's that have very very ambiguous hit boxes on top of the moves enormous rearward hitbox, which can let a super deep, super late jump over J2 still connect when kt for all the work looks like an empty jump, etc etc.

So Batman is considered cheap by some because he can just take tbe same sort 'you can't do a lot about this' gameplan and loop it vs almost any character and get huge mileage out of it, especially at lower ranks. Deadshot's pewpew. Supe's f23, etc.

Usually when I see a character defined as cheap that's why. They have some hugely powerful tool that they can use easily and repeatedly.

I don't think Batman is cheap at all personally. I also don't think he's as easy to play as people act like. He's not Ivy or somesuch, sure, but at the high end of things he has some specific and tight stuff. His 'core' is definitely not difficult though.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Batmans trait recharges too fast, so more cooldownon it.
He should start with one bat trait.
Bigger hurtbox on J2.

Then let him keep the rest of his dirt. As of now he is way too much.

Just look at this set

223 minus 7 or 8 and no special cancel. This would keep Batman just as strong at a high level and stop the brain dead j2 spam. To launch you could go to 123 but that's also punishable. Or you can still just go for mix and plus frames. At least it would create some execution in hit confirming 12.