What's new

The buck stops here NRS community

Gruff757

The Gruff
i glossed over the central and defining problem with this game and apparently with MK9 too. there are SHITTY matchups. The game is ST level unbalanced in that regard.

in a balanced game like SFxT, theres no reason to not use your team. every team can beat every other team. In guilty gear, evreynoe plays one charcater as all matchups are winnable. same goes with blazblue, p4a..

i guess its just a problem with how they design the system mechanics

there is ZERO reason for someone to attempt to play grundy vs sinestro in a tournament match. Counterpicknig occurs A LOT, even online. why do you think theres a hide cursor?
yolo :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm actually Enjoying even more since the patch, lots of things changed and the pattern was shattered.

I think is pretty notable where the difference is in the general gameplay, and this is pretty fun.

Vagrant

Noob
i glossed over the central and defining problem with this game and apparently with MK9 too. there are SHITTY matchups. The game is ST level unbalanced in that regard.

in a balanced game like SFxT, theres no reason to not use your team. every team can beat every other team. In guilty gear, evreynoe plays one charcater as all matchups are winnable. same goes with blazblue, p4a..

there is ZERO reason for someone to attempt to play grundy vs sinestro in a tournament match. Counterpicknig occurs A LOT, even online. why do you think theres a hide cursor?

Ahhh and here you go comparing games again instead of looking at each separately. immediately your mind travels to other fighting games instead of staying centered on injustice and working within that system. As long as you can not stay focused on the game, you will never fully understand it, love it, and enjoy it. Only how it compares to other fighting games. You are unable to accept and love the game for what it is and because of this bro, you are depriving yourself of enjoyment. and that's ok too.

im comparing it to other games because other games are much more balanced than injustice which is in the end extremely unbalanced and the devs CLEARLY know it with that hide cursor lol

LEGEND

YES!
Btw. Grundy-Sinestro is VERY even

but thats besides the point, i agree NRS games are extremely MU based

Vagrant

Noob
im comparing it to other games because other games are much more balanced than injustice which is in the end extremely unbalanced and the devs CLEARLY know it with that hide cursor lol

If balance is what your searching for. May I suggest street fighter 1?

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
My biggest complaint about injustice is like some others have said there's so much safe stuff in the game. With some characters you can barely tell who is good at this game and who is just mashing buttons. I'm not saying the game has to have any high learning curve, just not have a derp special or string that is the answer for everything plus be so stupidly easy to do you can't mess it up.

In MK if someone was doing NDC's and instant gas blasts or doing Sonya combos into MS stance mix ups I knew they were competent. Anyone can press f23 and shoot lasers full screen or press b1,3 + machine gun with GL but I've seen some grand finals that pretty much look like that.

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
i hope ur not talking about duck hunt? the greatest shooter of all time!
No, Im talking about all the shameless movie cash ins and McDonalds games. Surprised they never did a Forest Gumps game where one level hes been chased by skeletons in kneebraces or mutant fish or aliens.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Injustice definitely feels slower paced to me then MK.

I don't feel though jumping means automatic AA, you can jump wisely with cross ups and certain air moves to throw people off. I do it all the time. I mean Scorp's hell kick is a GREAT AA imo, Superman's air dash grab move. I've always felt jabs and pokes were risk vs reward, they don't always work in MK. Injustice I just wouldn't try it at all. Just my opinion.

All that being said, no fighting game is perfect and someone will always find something to rant about.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
No, Im talking about all the shameless movie cash ins and McDonalds games. Surprised they never did a Forest Gumps game where one level hes been chased by skeletons in kneebraces or mutant fish or aliens.
that would have been godlike! lmao.or a shawshank redemption game where u spend the entire story mode chopping away at a wall with a toffee hammer for 30 hours.

I gotta agree with you man, some of the match ups in this game are brutal smh, it forces people to counter pick

Vagrant

Noob
My biggest complaint about injustice is like some others have said there's so much safe stuff in the game. With some characters you can barely tell who is good at this game and who is just mashing buttons. I'm not saying the game has to have any high learning curve, just not have a derp special or string that is the answer for everything plus be so stupidly easy to do you can't mess it up.

In MK if someone was doing NDC's and instant gas blasts or doing Sonya combos into MS stance mix ups I knew they were competent. Anyone can press f23 and shoot lasers full screen or press b1,3 + machine gun with GL but I've seen some grand finals that pretty much look like that.

Stop viewing derp stuff or simple stuff as "bad". your brain has been trained to do that but you can untrain it any time you wish. Simplicity does not equal bad. It's merely simple. Some simple stuff is strong in this game, some complex stuff is strong in this game the truly wise fighting game player will apreciate and use both without regret if his goal is to win.

Anytime you pick a character that is not the absolute unquestionable best in the game against whatever character you are up against, you are making the decision that you don't want to win the easiest possible way. That's ok. That means you want a challenge. But don't get frustrated because the challenge is challenging, embrace it and apreciate that we play a game where you can chose your degree of difficulty based on what character you use for each matchup. =) And then work on your matchup and have fun!

ryublaze

Noob
Stop viewing derp stuff or simple stuff as "bad". your brain has been trained to do that but you can untrain it any time you wish. Simplicity does not equal bad. It's merely simple. Some simple stuff is strong in this game, some complex stuff is strong in this game the truly wise fighting game player will apreciate and use both without regret if his goal is to win.

Anytime you pick a character that is not the absolute unquestionable best in the game against whatever character you are up against, you are making the decision that you don't want to win the easiest possible way. That's ok. That means you want a challenge. But don't get frustrated because the challenge is challenging, embrace it and apreciate that we play a game where you can chose your degree of difficulty based on what character you use for each matchup. =) And then work on your matchup and have fun!
dat positivity

Espio

Kokomo

Kenshi, Sonya, Cage, Kitana etc don't have tons of safe things? Most of their important tools are safe on block and sometimes advantage on block.

Superman's Forward 2,3 is more comparable to Cage's Forward 3 pressure, which is safe and sometimes had random advantage.

I don't understand why down 4, military stance is considered to be such a huge deal...I barely played Sonya and was doing her military stance stuff when I played. It's not anymore impressive than canceling stuff in Injustice.

NDC's take the risk factor away from Kabal's nomad dash too because he doesn't have to commit to the risk.

Kenshi's super plus 8 frame spirit charge that also had armor. Sonya's ex cartwheel that was minus three that launched into reset and follow up pressure.

Sometimes if you blocked Kitana's forward 2,1 she could beat out your poke cause she'd be at advantage or only minus one.

For zoning, Cyborg's zoning would be more comparable to Kabal's zoning than superman's zoning tools.

TL;DR these games are made by the same company and they both have very safe options that are incredibly good.

It's fine if people like MK9 better, but MK9 was not too much better or different from Injustice in terms of safe, abusable tools.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag

I'm actually having much more fun now that Lobo isn't just up shit creek anymore in some situations. I'm not saying simplicity is bad either that probably came out wrong, just the fact that some people have to make a read/decision/choice to jump/attack low/standing ect, when some other characters in this game have/had moves/strings that don't even have to think about it just throw it out. Fighting games should be partly about skill and partly being rewarded for guessing right. When the guessing is gone, what's the point?

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
10/10

Everyone seems so concerned with having all fighting games be the same. I don't understand why anyone wants the same thing over and over, and is so determined to drown out anything that is different. Injustice is a different game than MK is. All the talk about why it's bad like you can't anti-air like MK, you're slower than in MK, screen size is larger than MK, etc, is just a lost cause. I don't want Injustice to be like MK9. And I don't want MK10 to be like Injustice. I don't want the same thing over and over. Thankfully NRS seems to think the same.

Different is good. It's new, and it's challenging to learn everything over again, but that's half the fun.

Can we just enjoy it if we like it or ignore it if we don't, instead of trying to change it to make it more like MK? MK10 will be here soon guys!