What's new

The buck stops here NRS community

Vagrant

Noob
Haha I apreciate the kind words guys. I was so mad for the longest time on TYM and in life in general. About a week ago something clicked and I kind of found myself and it completely changed my outlook. I took for granted just how awesome this community is and how much it's capable of accomplishing. I still want to win because thats the point of the game and that is a goal for sure, but that is not why I play. I play because of all of you.

So thank you guys.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Here's basically how it works and no one wants to admit it.

I hate how i cant anti air in this game consistently This game is garbage!

Well... hang on here man why is the game garbage?

Because your supposed to be able to anti air jump ins, You could never get away with a jump in in MK! People who jump in should be anti aired consistently because thats what i've been taught, leads to wins in other fighting games.

Ok well it's not as effective in this game

Well then this game is trash

Why?

Because something that has helped me win in other fighting games and i've believed in my head to be a key to winning in fighting games is not as prevalent in this game.

So maybe find something else that is more effective in winning in this game?

No because the idea that I don't know what is effective to win in this game, when i knew what was effective in other fighting games, makes me uncomfortable. and instead of accepting that I don't have the knowledge I thought I did and learning about what is effective in this game, I will just compare this game to other games that I understand better and deem the ones I understand and am more familiar with: Good

I was guilty of this line of thinking
Almost every single person on this site was

And it's ridiculous guys. Stop the "one or the other" thinking and lets just play the games! Be happy to lose, be happy to learn. Drop the need to win, instead play because you love the game, because you love that something as simple as shapes and numbers on a screen brings people all over the world together and we enjoy playing together.

We travel to tournaments why? Because the community has made them exciting and given them meaning. Winning is awesome, but winners will come and go all the time, the things that bring us back are the relationships we form with each other and how our love for these games creates so much energy and excitement. Lets focus on growing THAT and not weather or not we are currently winning in a game that we are continuing to learn about.

Stop comparing IGAU to MK or MK to SF these games are what they are. Neither good, nor bad. It is their respective communites that give them any importance whatsoever. This game is as important, or exciting, or fun, as YOU make it. Stop comparing it and just play.

You might learn something ;)

In other words great post

Vagrant

Noob
Lol I used AAs as an example But it stretches way past that (walk speed, dash recovery, interactables etc.) It actually stretches way beyond fighting games!

A is not B. You can compare the two all you want but A is still A and B is still B neither is wrong, neither is right they simply are. You may have fond memories of A and know very little of B, so B not being A may upset you or confuse you. But you don't have to get upset. Just love B for B and love A for A.

Gruff757

The Gruff
A is not B. You can compare the two all you want but A is still A and B is still B neither is wrong, neither is right they simply are. You may have fond memories of A and know very little of B, so B not being A may upset you or confuse you. But you don't have to get upset. Just love B for B and love A for A.
was gonna sig that but gatdamn tym sig feature is disabled :c

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
All the crying about injustice is only from the people who got a early copy in exchange for receiving a gobble gobble gobble kick from Liu kang in the balls,then got home and realised the game had no dash cancel.

Vagrant

Noob
The problem boils down to what the majority of the players think "Fundamentals" mean.

They are specific to every game. As hard as that is to accept for people it is true. Because every game is different. Some winning strategies may be effective in multiple fighting games, some may be exclusive to one game. But just because they are effective in one game does not mean another game is "bad" because they aren't effective. It is simply different.

It's a new chance to learn and grow as a player, to increase your knowledge and understanding. Instead of embracing that, people get uncomfortable being back in a position where they don't know as much, and reject it. and it's sad because they rob themselves of an opportunity by getting upset.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Injustice definitely feels slower paced to me then MK.

I don't feel though jumping means automatic AA, you can jump wisely with cross ups and certain air moves to throw people off. I do it all the time. I mean Scorp's hell kick is a GREAT AA imo, Superman's air dash grab move. I've always felt jabs and pokes were risk vs reward, they don't always work in MK. Injustice I just wouldn't try it at all. Just my opinion.

All that being said, no fighting game is perfect and someone will always find something to rant about.

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
Do people go on about Injustice like that? Dunno I just couldn't get behind it at all, just prefer other games. While I don't think its a bad game I just prefer others to it. People who reckon its a bad game prolly never lived through the NES been the height of technology.
Just think every goddamn game that comes out could still be a shameless cash in

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Vagrant.

My fighting game boyfriend.

Great post. I really, really, really, really, really hope this board will actually read this, and not let ot flame out. It is so easy to refuse to adapt, and just blame the game mechanics.

I really urge the community to read this post twice and let it sink in.

Anti airs are different
Meter is different
Frame traps are different
Countless things are different.
It is all different.

But different doesn't mean bad. It means different. And that is ok.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Do people go on about Injustice like that? Dunno I just couldn't get behind it at all, just prefer other games. While I don't think its a bad game I just prefer others to it. People who reckon its a bad game prolly never lived through the NES been the height of technology.
Just think every goddamn game that comes out could still be a shameless cash in
i hope ur not talking about duck hunt? the greatest shooter of all time!

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
I dunno, man. I play this game basically the same way I play every other game - running away like a [ban incoming] the entire match and doing cheap shit.

It seems to work out okay for me most of the time.
It'll work if you play people that don't know how to beat that. One thing about this game is that it takes much more knowledge and patience to beat the "cheap stuff".

the only stuff i dislike about the game is all the gimmicky dumb things:

safe teleports/teleport crossups
safe wakeup attacks
safe unblockable moves
safe armored moves
safe wakeup armored moves
Lobo's mb pump shot doing 30 percent damage
safe teleports
b3's that hit twice for no reason
moves that jail you at the start of the round

as you can see most of this applies to the god charcater MMH

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
They are specific to every game. As hard as that is to accept for people it is true. Because every game is different. Some winning strategies may be effective in multiple fighting games, some may be exclusive to one game. But just because they are effective in one game does not mean another game is "bad" because they aren't effective. It is simply different.

It's a new chance to learn and grow as a player, to increase your knowledge and understanding. Instead of embracing that, people get uncomfortable being back in a position where they don't know as much, and reject it. and it's sad because they rob themselves of an opportunity by getting upset.
Still we could talk about general FG fundamentals (what Chris G clearly has) and what you pointed out, specific in-game fundamentals (which the community thinks should be universal).

The general FG fundamentals are the ones that are hard to master because they involve the psychological and analitical elements like reading your opponent, adapting, innovating, keeping your cool, so on and so forth.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I hate retarded shit like this so i'm going to lay it all out there.

No it's not the BEST fighting game and not by far the most balanced either, COME ON.
But never the less it's fun, it's not OTHER fighting games so deal with that, go cry elsewhere you have to adapt and can't anti air so well, yeah they're trashy and it's a downfall but lord could you complain more.
The game isn't based on whether or not you can anti air, and personally you can punish air attacks in a couple different ways so try something else.

I wish people would stop being so arrogant like I give a flying FUCK about your opinion on the game I still enjoy, how about you take your sorry ass off this game if you hate it so much and leave this forum alone so I don't have to come by another depressing thread once more.

Injustice is not the best.
You have no right to tell me it's terrible though because you can't do a couple things you could in other fighters, Go play those then.... :mad:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
the only stuff i dislike about the game is all the gimmicky dumb things:

safe teleports/teleport crossups
safe wakeup attacks
safe unblockable moves
safe armored moves
safe wakeup armored moves
Lobo's mb pump shot doing 30 percent damage
safe teleports
b3's that hit twice for no reason
moves that jail you at the start of the round

as you can see most of this applies to the god charcater MMH
Although some of those things I definitely agree with, some of those things have hard counters.

For example, I have blown a lot of Black Adam's up for their "safe" wakeup attack. Likewise I punished Deathstroke players and players of other characters for theirs. A well-timed neutral jump or crossup can beat some wakeups, and others can be punished on whiff with some minimal footsies/spacing/baiting, backdash etc. That's part of the metagame and it should be ok.

Likewise you can Armor some characters out of their safe armored moves, etc. Just depends on the situation.