What's new

The buck stops here NRS community

Vagrant

Noob
Still we could talk about general FG fundamentals (what Chris G clearly has) and what you pointed out, specific in-game fundamentals (which the community thinks should be universal).

The general FG fundamentals are the ones that are hard to master because they involve the psychological and analitical elements like reading your opponent, adapting, innovating, keeping your cool, so on and so forth.

Great point! Basically keeping tabs on what is going on and calculating what is the most logical option. Which is a long long process, and specific to each player you fight. Which is why stuff like vortexes are so powerful. They eliminate all of that to a simple guess.

trufenix

bye felicia
the only stuff i dislike about the game is all the gimmicky dumb things:

safe teleports/teleport crossups
safe wakeup attacks
safe unblockable moves
safe armored moves
safe wakeup armored moves
Lobo's mb pump shot doing 30 percent damage
safe teleports
b3's that hit twice for no reason
moves that jail you at the start of the round

as you can see most of this applies to the god charcater MMH
Most of the things you're talking about cost meter though, that's the payoff for safety. SF4 and KOFXIII do the same thing, the only consequence is there's a lot less meter to go around in those games.

Would you rather they make meter burning useless or make meter more "expensive" and slow the pace down even further?

Vagrant

Noob
I hate retarded shit like this so i'm going to lay it all out there.

No it's not the BEST fighting game and not by far the most balanced either, COME ON.
But never the less it's fun, it's not OTHER fighting games so deal with that, go cry elsewhere you have to adapt and can't anti air so well, yeah they're trashy and it's a downfall but lord could you complain more.
The game isn't based on whether or not you can anti air, and personally you can punish air attacks in a couple different ways so try something else.

I wish people would stop being so arrogant like I give a flying FUCK about your opinion on the game I still enjoy, how about you take your sorry ass off this game if you hate it so much and leave this forum alone so I don't have to come by another depressing thread once more.

Injustice is not the best.
You have no right to tell me it's terrible though because you can't do a couple things you could in other fighters, Go play those then.... :mad:

Bro, why are you so angry lol? I think you misread my post or something cause theres alot of anger in this post and i'm not quite sure where it's directed. Retarded shit like what? What depressing thread? This thread is super positive! yumadbro?

Espio

Kokomo
I started really liking Injustice when I stopped trying to compare it to my first serious fighter, MK9. I accepted that the games are very different and there's nothing wrong with that to be honest. Are there things I'd like to see improved? Absolutely, but no game is perfect and there are always additional things that could be improved and added.

It leads to incredibly biased comments like, "Injustice is scrubby with its safe wake up attacks, Mortal Kombat had real footsies" as though Mortal Kombat didn't also have safe armored wake up attacks into full combo.

Hawkgirl has always had an amazing anti-air with her down 2 so I've never had a problem anti-airing jumping from Batman and friends lol.

guys, just admit it. MMH is S+ tier above everyone else and is the dumbest charcater in the game, being insanely good because of how likeable he is. he jails you on round start, he has TWO EXTREMELY STUPID TELEPORTS, he has aquamans ground spike, he has ice clones, he has 50/50s, he has iinsanely long range pokes, he unexplicably has a two hit b3 so if you both mash mbb3 he wins. he got BUFFED
Its clearly obvious

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Bro, why are you so angry lol? I think you misread my post or something cause theres alot of anger in this post and i'm not quite sure where it's directed. Retarded shit like what? What depressing thread? This thread is super positive! yumadbro?
Wow, My bad big time, I'm seeing stupid status's and threads so often after and up to this patch that I got about half way through and though it would resume the whole way, Should have read it.
Never the less people who trash talk this game have no place playing it, if you want to play a game you think is bad that's your own problem right?

People make me so angry on this site, but my bad bro :p

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
guys, just admit it. MMH is S+ tier above everyone else and is the dumbest charcater in the game, being insanely good because of how likeable he is. he jails you on round start, he has TWO EXTREMELY STUPID TELEPORTS, he has aquamans ground spike, he has ice clones, he has 50/50s, he has iinsanely long range pokes, he unexplicably has a two hit b3 so if you both mash mbb3 he wins. he got BUFFED
Its clearly obvious

MMH? Martian Man Hunter?
Who's he? I think you mean Picollo...

I agree with what you said, people calling this game trash are mehh... But the lack of anti-air in this game is undeniable. I agree it's a new fighting game people need to adapt. But when you have character like Batman with his godlike J2 and have no way to punish it.... It is questionable imo. I look offline match, evo and tournement and sometimes it really looks like a stupid jumping fest I'm sorry but that's the case. I'm not bitching about the game I really have fun with Injustice, it's not like any other fighting game, but lack of anti air change gameplay drastically and favor some characters.

Vagrant

Noob
the only stuff i dislike about the game is all the gimmicky dumb things:

safe teleports/teleport crossups
safe wakeup attacks
safe unblockable moves
safe armored moves
safe wakeup armored moves
Lobo's mb pump shot doing 30 percent damage
safe teleports
b3's that hit twice for no reason
moves that jail you at the start of the round

as you can see most of this applies to the god charcater MMH

You notice how you apply the words gimmicky and dumb to characteristics in a video game?

Why? Why are they gimmicky and dumb? They are different, sure. But why are they dumb? Because they beat you? Well either plan around it or use it yourself!

You don't want to use these characteristics yourself? why?
because there is a negative conotation associated with using them that was made up by the community that you have noticed.
and now when you see one of these things in a match your brain triggers a memory that associates said characteristic/move with being "dumb". It is not dumb, especially if it's effective towards reaching the goal. (which in fighting games, is to win). embrace these characteristics of the game and accept them. every fighting game has dominant moves within the confines of the system.

You may choose to use them yourself or if you'd prefer a challenge you may fight against them but neither preference is wrong or right. It's all just what you chose to do. when you accept this, "dumb" or "gimmicky" stuff shouldn't bug you anymore.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
I agree with what you said, people calling this game trash are mehh... But the lack of anti-air in this game is undeniable. I agree it's a new fighting game people need to adapt. But when you have character like Batman with his godlike J2 and have no way to punish it.... It is questionable imo. I look offline match, evo and tournement and sometimes it really looks like a stupid jumping fest I'm sorry but that's the case. I'm not bitching about the game I really have fun with Injustice, it's not like any other fighting game, but lack of anti air change gameplay drastically and favor some characters.
Maybe there's other ways to deal with it? Not every character has a good standing anti-air, some have to play around the fact that people can jump on you. Maybe evade jump ins rather than trying to beat them. Maybe a decent air-to-air would work better. MB f3/b3 depending on the hitbox it has for some characters.

Idk if any of those are good solutions, but just because everyone doesn't have a standing move they can do to beat jumpins on reaction doesn't mean there's nothing they can do about them.

You seriously hit it right on the money there. I'm pretty sure this is how most of the community feels, (No really negative posts in this thread, shit ton of likes).

Also the people who say "NRS fucking sucks, they never learn from their mistakes, no dash cancelling, etc", shut the fuck up. This is the most annoying shit to read as with the latest patch that came out it's OBVIOUS they are trying their best at pleasing the overall tournament community. Quit your crybaby bullshit and play the game lol

AWESOME POST VAGRANT

Guys...take a deep breath. Take a moment at your posts....you react angrily to someone just because they have another opinion. Think for a moment. These are fellow humans. Just because they have different opinions or look different does not mean you should hate them. "Men often hate each other because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don't know each other; they don't know each other because they cannot communicate; they cannot communicate because they are seperated." - Martin Luther King Jr

Find peace. No need for hate or violence. You can change. It's never to late.

"We must become the change we want to see in the world." - Mahatma Ghandi

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
This game is garbage. I'm sick and tired of waiting for Batman to get an ice clone.

I'm going back to Soul Calibur, where I will continue my quests to be the #1 Kilik of the world and hooking up with Kayane.

(also, good post Vagrant)

This is starting to get scary.

You main Sub-Zero I mained Sub-Zero
You main Batman I main Batman
You want to hook up with Kayane I want to hook up with Kayane

Too many similarities

i glossed over the central and defining problem with this game and apparently with MK9 too. there are SHITTY matchups. The game is ST level unbalanced in that regard.

in a balanced game like SFxT, theres no reason to not use your team. every team can beat every other team. In guilty gear, evreynoe plays one charcater as all matchups are winnable. same goes with blazblue, p4a..

i guess its just a problem with how they design the system mechanics

there is ZERO reason for someone to attempt to play grundy vs sinestro in a tournament match. Counterpicknig occurs A LOT, even online. why do you think theres a hide cursor?

Doesn't change the fact that he beats several characters 8-2 and 9-1.
who? 0_0 news to me
he beats my charcater 6-4 (zappa) but i dont complain because in the end the better player ALMOST ALWAYS wins. Same goes for a game like third strike which has retardedly unbalanced charcater design but the gameplay is in the end almost as balanced as it gets due to the parry mechanic. the better player virtually always wins. You cant say this about injustice

RM Truth

Eddie vs Potemkin is 9-1
Eddie vs ABA might be 8-2
Eddie vs Johnny might be 8-2, but its probably closer to 7-3

trufenix

bye felicia
there's like 3 fighting games in the universe that don't have hella bad match ups. Should we all be playing CvS2 still?

RM Truth

who? 0_0 news to me
he beats my charcater 6-4 (zappa) but i dont complain because in the end the better player ALMOST ALWAYS wins. Same goes for a game like third strike which has retardedly unbalanced charcater design but the gameplay is in the end almost as balanced as it gets due to the parry mechanic. the better player virtually always wins. You cant say this about injustice

Apart from Eddie though, I will agree that Arcsys has great balance in all of their games.