What's new

The Big Balancing Patch is Coming. What buffs does Lobo still need?

Lol just happen to find you're Twitter today.I have played you're lobo.#hollywood
I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

faster armor activation on MB Hook Charge

higher priority given to Party Crasher/make Party Crasher better overall

Reduced startup on B1/B2 (either one, doesn't have to be both to please me)

something to give us a reason to press trait after we have shells loaded

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
i
i dont understand what your asking completly but
load one shell every time u press 4 up to a max numbrr
4 already can be semi cancled to 4 4 4
it just make sence
to clarify I mean
1 shell is normal
2 shells do extra damage but trait is a 0 shells again after 1 use
3 shells do even more damage (maybe armor breaking) but after i shot down his trait has to be reloaded

Or just have like 4 shots, you do a meter burn shotgun both blasts come out as nuclear.

Basically if you would use all your stacks at once for a better trait bonus or just not have to reload every time its used (have 4 shells ready to go whenever after you loaded them up)

Its 25 frames. I use it after Burned Hook Charge, or a successful Party Crasher once I've conditioned them to block on wake up.. It's not hard to abuse that string or successfully use it in a match. You just have to use your brain. Lobo isn't braindead, which is what it seems a lot of this buff wishlist is. You learn your character and focus on thier strengths, you'll see how to abuse their attacks. Once I train them to block the string, I Czar Toss them from the block string. Good times.
Nah, I was just saying if we were to speed up one of his strings, i wouldn't want the 10 frame low sped up. If you had to pick one frame to speed up, wouldn't it be this one (LIKE, YOUVE GOT A GUN TO YOUR HEAD AND HAVE TO SPEED UP A STRING)

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Nah, I was just saying if we were to speed up one of his strings, i wouldn't want the 10 frame low sped up. If you had to pick one frame to speed up, wouldn't it be this one (LIKE, YOUVE GOT A GUN TO YOUR HEAD AND HAVE TO SPEED UP A STRING)
Lol. Gun to my head, definitely. I just don't want him to be braindead, man, and speeding up that string would make it abusable without thought. We know this. Right now, he's a thinking man's character and I really like that.

I think it's funny that Lobo is (one of) the character that requires the most thought. Like lobo ever really plans anything. He should just run in and fuck shit up.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He needs all of the buffs.

Every last drop.

On a serious note, more damage on the atomic shells.

For something that leaves you vulnerable for a second, and only buffs specific move in specific attacks and strings you would think it would deserve a lot more damage.

People should be afraid of you when you got a loaded gun, like they're afraid of Superman or Doomsday with trait.

Also, it should break armor.

Other than that, you guys pretty much got it all down here.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I liken him to Kenpachi: In the actual battle, he has strategic insight that even he himself isn't aware of. The Incredible Hulk has it also. A tactical savant, if you will. How else do so many characters job to him constantly in comics?

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
no not like banes trait
just give him more amo and more plus on block to be able to apply pressure and make the. opponent actualy fear when he sees those shells loading
thats what i want from stackable trait

and maybe even a way to dash out ... but thatll be too much i feel
too much doors open up with that

Adding damage to Lobo anything is pretty lulz-worthy if you ask me, considering the fact that his BnBs go from 46%-49% to 52% with trait being used. 21 xx Low shot with trait loaded also leads to huge damage (yes its a hard link but so is B3 after Czar Toss. Grind it out). Damage boost isn't the way to go imo.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Please know that I don't want him to be braindead, I think we're all in agreement on that note. However is it possible to bring Lobo to the top 15 without being braindead? I mean the Bane community considers Bane top 15, well at least Doombawkz does. I want Lobo to get the buffs that increase the odds of him winning his match-ups I agree it takes a smart player to play a good Lobo otherwise I wouldn't be supporting this section and I'd probably be a hardcore Doomsday main instead. But no, I chose Lobo and like I've said I agree with all those who don't want a braindead character, just a character that has good odds in his match-ups.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Please know that I don't want him to be braindead, I think we're all in agreement on that note. However is it possible to bring Lobo to the top 15 without being braindead? I mean the Bane community considers Bane top 15, well at least Doombawkz does. I want Lobo to get the buffs that increase the odds of him winning his match-ups I agree it takes a smart player to play a good Lobo otherwise I wouldn't be supporting this section and I'd probably be a hardcore Doomsday main instead. But no, I chose Lobo and like I've said I agree with all those who don't want a braindead character, just a character that has good odds in his match-ups.
I consider him top 20-15. I don't think he is above that yet. To that note, all you guys need is a solid wake-up. You have the damage and oki tools to make due with the rest. Maybe make hook charge a bit safer on block too for pressure options. You have the best dash in the game as well sooo...

smile

Noob
Consequently, I already play Lobo as if that is the case which is why Lord Hollow is right about the frames on the B1. I admit 6 is a bit much, if they did reduce the frames however, I think 8 would be reasonable. As for Party Crasher I think less start up on the animation would help give it more priority, but the way it is now it's useful to keep you suspended just long enough to avoid projectiles. If his jump wasn't as floaty Zoners would be even more of a problem then they are now.
If B1 is changed to 8 frames B12 should be reduced from +4 to +2. I don't want Lobo to turn into doing B12 all day and winning because of a single string rather than skill.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Yeah, the frame advantage on his B12 is the reason his B1 shouldn't be any faster.
Making his B2 faster sounds good, none of lobo's overheads (aside from instant air Down+3) are good enough honestly, in most matches I really only get the opportunity for one good B2. The only real reason I think lobo should have a better overhead is that his low starter need meter to do the good combo.

I can't bother to read 5 pages of buff suggestions, so I'll just throw in my own:

-Give his command grab full invincibility until it connects on wakeup
-Increase the range on his shotgun shot

Also on the "stackable trait" argument, I'm gonna say it should only get 2 stacks. Any more than that and his damage would get just a little too insane I think.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
That was actually funny, but this is a serious thread. Please stay on topic we want realistic and useful suggestions not trolls.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
How about this:

Hook Charge:
  • First Hit becomes an overhead
  • MB Armor Kicks in sooner
  • More Invincibility Frames on wake up
Trait:
  • Slightly increases the range for all gun attacks
  • Can stack up to two shots
  • Turns Mid shot into a Lowshot
  • Allows Pump Shot to send the opponent into a juggle state, allowing Lobo to combo afterwards
  • Maybe give his shots armor breaking

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
How about this:

Hook Charge:
  • First Hit becomes an overhead
  • Trait:
  • Turns Mid shot into a Lowshot
  • Maybe give his shots armor breaking
Hook Charge would be OP

Make mid shot overhead he already has a low, and yes armor breaking....

BGMD

Noob
How about this:
Hook Charge:
  • First Hit becomes an overhead - unnecessary, it's a getting in tool
  • MB Armor Kicks in sooner - absolutely
  • More Invincibility Frames on wake up - would be nice
Trait:

• Slightly increases the range for all gun attacks - not really necessary, although is funny that 3 in 213 string have a bit more range than pump shot special
  • Can stack up to two shots - would be nice, considering load time
  • Turns Mid shot into a Lowshot - df1d is already low
  • Allows Pump Shot to send the opponent into a juggle state, allowing Lobo to combo afterwards - not necessary, low traited shot does that... only thing I would change is that it doesn't bounce opponent away from Lobo, allowing easier link with 1 into toss
  • Maybe give his shots armor breaking - maybe, but only nuclear shots, combined with stacking this could become multi-purpose tool

Getting rid of mid-shot = no more using trait mid-shot for a meaty setup. Hook charge is one of Lobo's multi-purpose tools, making it hit as an overhead starter would be outrageous. If I'm able to stack my shells, imagine the damage in the following combo:

j2, b2u1, 3 xx czar toss MB, B3 (trait shot used), j2, 21 xx space hook. Most likely that'll reach near 60%. The last thing Lobo needs is more damage output, considering he hits like a truck with one bar.

if it wasn't for the fact that Lobo does half-life in his setups most of the time, i would accept pump shot as a juggle starter. It sounds pretty interesting and would lead to some really creative stuff.

BGMD

Noob
agreed, but for that I would implement some scalling, like extra 1% on second shot so it wouldn't be a big deal
and I probably wouldn't use it twice in a combo in favor of saving it for another mixup

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
That was actually funny, but this is a serious thread. Please stay on topic we want realistic and useful suggestions not trolls.
Of course, of course. I do think some of his normals could be faster though. I don't really like the ideas with trait. His trait is fine. He's just a fundamentally flawed character design.