What's new

The Big Balancing Patch is Coming. What buffs does Lobo still need?

Armor on Czar Toss is unnecessary. The move is fine enough imo. The move that needs better armor is Hook Charge MB.

Grundy has armor on his grabs, but they don't lead into combos or one of the best Oki-doke setups. Guess what Lobo's Czar Toss MB does? That exactly. IMO, it's really not needed when you could just make hook charge a better wakeup.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
With the range and speed Czar Toss has, it would make him insane. Granted I get at least 3-4 tosses out in a match, with 2-3 attempts being stuffed out. With armor, he would destroy. He alread has mix ups and tosses out of block strings, insane oki options, etc. Armor would be too much. Also, you'd have posers playing him just because he has it now, thinking they would be able to get free wins and what not.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I would dare to say I'd like it to be 6 frames. You can be poked out of it to easily. We have to work to much to get in and in an instant we can be sent full screen and have to do it all over again. The opponent can even jump out of it, if they expect it.
If you get poked out of it all the time then you aren't training your opponent to stop pressing buttons.

6f b1 lol ... no

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Hear me out here but to address the Party Crasher issue what if it had ONE I repeat "ONE" hit of armor.

Cage Redfield Honestly, I don't see how else you can give "priority" to this move in any other way. You'll probably disagree with this but what do you think?

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
My Czar Toss suggestion is to work like Grundy's trait, hitting as followup from some strings on block.

Hear me out here but to address the Party Crasher issue what if it had ONE I repeat "ONE" hit of armor.

Cage Redfield Honestly, I don't see how else you can give "priority" to this move in any other way. You'll probably disagree with this but what do you think?

You tell me how a divekick that hits overhead, leads to a knockdown on hit (that also leads to oki-doke), can be TK'd for an instant overhead, be abused in the corner for instant overhead left/right mixups or cause the opposite facing wakeup tech THAT ALSO has armor sound to you.

Yeah no, it's a bit much. I was thinking more along the lines of giving it AT THE VERY LEAST invulnerability to crouching attacks + making it just a little better in air-to-air situations. Yeah it's a divekick, you aren't going to A2A someone with it, but the move is pretty much the Injustice equivalent of Guy's elbow drop in SFxT.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Right now, I feel Lobo is skillfully broken. Meaning, if a solid PLAYER puts in the time and effort, he can get into a mode where he takes a lot of damage in a short about of time. He can overwhelm his opponent with his oki shenanigans. as a drawback/weakness, he has to get in. But, he has the tools to do that, but no universal way to close distance. That is the nature of the character. I like his options. You can't look at him and pinpoint exactly what's broken, but when you add everything together and use them effectively, he's very powerful.

What I don't want is for them to give him something or a couple things that makes him blatantly broken and braindead in how you play him. I've been working on my patience lately in closing the distance and it's gotten easier and easier for me in certain match ups. I'm learning when/how/where to dash, Party Crash and burn my Hook Charge. Its making me stronger as a player. Buff him too much and we'll stop leveling up as much. We won't have to learn the match up. We'll all be playing Superman in jeans..

also, you can frame trap someone with Czar Toss already.

21 xx Czar Toss, 12 xx Czar Toss, B2U1 xx Czar Toss and D1 xx Czar Toss are prime examples of this.

I agree with most of these buffs for lobo because he does need them. But armored party crasher would be god like. I dont mind it gaining some priority at all though. I also like the idea of pump shot with nuclear shells loaded breaking armor. And the C toss having armor.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Think about it like this, there is a triangle of archetypes in fighting games. Zoners, Rushdown, and Grapplers. Lobo IMO is a hybrid of Rushdown and Grappling. NRS thought it would be cool to make him an heavily OKI oriented character and that's fine I enjoy the play style. But the way he is now, it's his greatest strength but greatest weakness at the same time. A double edged sword if you will. Any smart player will constantly block low against Lobo because the Mister Machete combo has way to slow of a start up and his 21 blockstring cancelled into Czar toss is hard enough to get the opportunity to attempt.

Scenario 1, Lobo against Rushdown: Play a good Doomsday and Flash and you'll see the clear weaknesses Lobo has against these characters. He's simply to slow to be able to react and mix-up a GOOD player of these characters.

Scenario 2, Lobo against Zoners. If you've played a good BA, Superman, Raven, GL, especially HAWKGIRL, you'll see where I'm going with this, these players have all the tools necessary to completely shutdown Lobo's oki game. As a Lobo main you're FORCED to play by their rules or you'll get bodied.

He needs serious answers to these match-ups if he's to be a tourney viable character capable of winning a major.

(P.S. For the love of God give us an answer to Superman's trait, armor breaking against Lobo means he's forced to push block or subject himself to F23xxBreath loops.)

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Higher bounce of traited low shot needs to happen. Gives him access to 50/50, and doing b1/d1 into Czar Toss is way too strict. Other characters don't have to work that hard, and it would up the damage we can get off it. That, better armor on the charge, and stackable trait (cap at 2-3) would help him out immensely.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Lobo needs:
More iframes on wake ups.
Quicker B3 and F3
Longer windows for special cancels at the end of strings
Maybe a dash improvement
Maybe less disadvantage after BF3

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
1.Viable wake up attack. Preferably bf3.
2. Fix the fucking hit box on 12 string. Its awful.
3. Make his B2 overhead a bit faster.
4.Better range on his shotgun special moves.

If he gets those buffs he will automatically go up to top 15 IMO.