What's new

The Big Balancing Patch is Coming. What buffs does Lobo still need?

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Inspired by: HardlyWalken :D (LOL this is a serious thread BTW)

Fellow Lobonians,

Last night on the Martian Manhunter stream, NetherRealms announced that they were working on a "huge" balance patch that would buff many characters (and "normalize" a few others). Most importantly, they stated that they would still be looking at the community's feedback for changes and ideas.

Well nobody is posting in the old buff threads anymore! So let's start a new one and get good feedback. Then we can summon hecterrific in here to look at the suggestions for inspiration.

A couple of tips for constructive suggestions:

There probably won't be any moves added to the character, so suggestions for new moves are probably no-go.
There's going to be people who disagree with any suggestion, let's be nice to each other about it though. We all are coming from the same place which is that we want Lobo to have his most glaring flaws corrected and some of the dumber moves patched up to be worthwhile.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
waht is the patch today? or later? and they should make lobos shotgun like wonder womans tiara range

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
The "buffs" patch hasn't been given a specific date, today's patch was for MMH compatibility. However, Lumpymoomilk suggested Lobo's trait shots should break armor. In addition I feel his trait should be stackable, reduced frames on B1 & B2. and also a few suggestions from PND_Ketchup's Lobo Buff Suggestion Thread.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

faster armor activation on MB Hook Charge

higher priority given to Party Crasher/make Party Crasher better overall

Reduced startup on B1/B2 (either one, doesn't have to be both to please me)

something to give us a reason to press trait after we have shells loaded

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
b+1 is 10 frames already. You think it should be faster?
I would dare to say I'd like it to be 6 frames. You can be poked out of it to easily. We have to work to much to get in and in an instant we can be sent full screen and have to do it all over again. The opponent can even jump out of it, if they expect it.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
It destroys pokes at range. I abuse it. No way they are gonna make a b+ move 6 frames. Sounds like you aren't taking it's range into consideration. He should be out of range of their d+1 when you use it. That attack is already ridiculous.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
stackable trait or something done with it
fix armor on mb charge
needed

would b cool but not needed
better wakeup
armor on grab
do something with midshot

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
stackable trait or something done with it
fix armor on mb charge
needed

would b cool but not needed
better wakeup
armor on grab
do something with midshot
Midshot overhead(Trait only)? It can't be ducked but when duck simultaneously functions as block I mean come on....

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
Lobo just needs a few tweeks to make him viable. I feel like a hit of armor on Czarnian toss and the ability to stack trait, and have it break armor would help boost him pretty far imo.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Lobo just needs a few tweeks to make him viable. I feel like a hit of armor on Czarnian toss and the ability to stack trait, and have it break armor would help boost him pretty far imo.
I stated that Czar Toss buff before but a lot people don't seem to like it.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
To be honest I don't play him because he's bottom tier or because he's difficult to use I play him because he's cool, if they they wanna give him some derp I'd be perfectly ok with that. I listed what I think is reasonable but NRS if you wanna give us the Flash treatment I'd be all for it.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
Armor on Czar Toss would make him OP. Like, really op.
how so?
it would change up a lot of his game but op i dont think so
multi hits would wreck it
bane and grundy can get armor on their grabs and there not broken

what would be broken is any idiot that suggest full screen moves for lobo because they dont understand his playstyle to begin with to make such a dumb suggestion

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
Exactly there are plenty of multiple hit wake-ups anyway and with a hit of armor I hypothesize it would make Grundy's WCC whiff on wake-up...
Wow i never even though about it like that, i was banking on the armor breaking trait to stop grundy, but making it wiff would lead to more damage. Good call

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
Red Venom u should make like a vote or something thread and at the. end of a certain time submit it to nrs
suggesting u because u have been really great in the lobo forums

we should stop sugesting and actually come to a reasonable patch adressing lobo
i think we all can agree on somethings disagree on others and also rule out the ridicoulous stuff from downplayers or braindead fans

first thang i thing i think we should rule out is any suggestion for full screen shit