What's new

The Big Balancing Patch is Coming. What buffs does Lobo still need?

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
It destroys pokes at range. I abuse it. No way they are gonna make a b+ move 6 frames. Sounds like you aren't taking it's range into consideration. He should be out of range of their d+1 when you use it. That attack is already ridiculous.
Try poking Nightwing(Staff) with a 10 frame B1.....

RizRaz

Errons with combos - always hot.
Given its recovery frames, it'd be nice to see Lobo's regular shotgun have increased range. Either increased, or fullscreen like Deathstroke's pistols.

It's slow enough that it can be used to tell zoners to stop their antics, but not for Lobo to put immediate pressure on. Elsewise if it was fast on startup and cooldown, combined with his dash, he'd almost never have to work to get in with it.

Keep nuclear shells as the short range versions due to their blockstun strength/low shell's launch ability.

And for the love of god, give some iframes to Chaindash on wakeup. It's unsafe on block as it is, leaving every one of Lobo's wakeup options as unsafe is ridankulous.

The overhead part of 21 sometimes whiffs for no reason at all, that has to be fixed.
Give our nuclear shots armor breaking properties so Grundy can fuck off. Maybe stock another shell?
Make B12 to d1 an easier link but not brain dead easy.. Not sure how many frames, I don't study that often. I think 5 extra frames would be enough but I don't know a lot about frame data.
The armor for Hook Charge MB
I think that is enough for them I guess.

snort

Noob
Longer range with trait shells should be #1 on the list.
It would be pretty cool if he had different shells to choose from like Green Arrows trait.

His 3 is fine imo. So is his shot gun. Faster B3 and F3 would be fine if it wasn't for the obvious wind-up he has for F3, and I can nail B3 combos online soooooooo yeah.

Am I the only person thats slightly upset that there's like 4 threads related to buffing Lobo in this section, basically proving REO's point that all Lobo forum goers do is just ask for buffs?

Ansumana

Noob
I would start with trait loaded shells breaking armor.
The rest would be making some of the links/input windows on some of his combos a little wider, mostly for online play but I don't think it would be the worst thing if the character were a little more accessible considering his nature.

And of course, a wake-up option.

Start with that, and see how things shake out if certain other characters get...normalized.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
His 3 is fine imo. So is his shot gun. Faster B3 and F3 would be fine if it wasn't for the obvious wind-up he has for F3, and I can nail B3 combos online soooooooo yeah.

Am I the only person thats slightly upset that there's like 4 threads related to buffing Lobo in this section, basically proving REO's point that all Lobo forum goers do is just ask for buffs?
It's only because he needs them. You know it's true, despite the fact that we're all already trying to level up and get better you can't deny the fact that this character has problems in a majority of his match-ups. I hate how REO is right but that doesn't mean I'm going to drop this character based on his reasoning.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
lobo is not what reo originaly stated
shit tier
neither is he broken tier

he is good but has faults that need to be fixed to let him perform how is he supposed too
doesnt really need any buffs
trait needs to be fixed either with stackable shots or let u cancel it
i dont really think the armor breaking is needed although it would be nice
mb charge armor needs to be fixed
and a wakeup option that is more reliable needs to be put in play

thats it to fix lobo
trait, charge, and his wakeup

everything else would be a welcomed buff but not is neceerily needed
armored grab would be nice
faster b2 also
better hitbox on 12
armored breaking shells too
and ezyer links
and mid shot overhead
all are welcomed buffs but rnt needed

range is not
neither is crazy armor on other moves
or just theese silly ideas iv seen in all theese threads from people i dont think even play lobo
we dont want a braindead superjerk

i personaly would love mid pump shot to reset like baraka
putin the opponent standing with plus frames
but that is a big change so im not going to pursue my wish :(

It's only because he needs them. You know it's true, despite the fact that we're all already trying to level up and get better you can't deny the fact that this character has problems in a majority of his match-ups. I hate how REO is right but that doesn't mean I'm going to drop this character based on his reasoning.

He needs it, yes, but honestly all these buff requests threads are getting to be a bit much imo. We got a thread that asked for Green Arrow-like trait and a thread detailing all the buffs we clearly want for trait, then a top player's suggested buffs and now this thread.

I'm not arguing that he's currently fine as is, I'm just tired of seeing the same thing when I go to this section.

Ansumana

Noob
He needs it, yes, but honestly all these buff requests threads are getting to be a bit much imo. We got a thread that asked for Green Arrow-like trait and a thread detailing all the buffs we clearly want for trait, then a top player's suggested buffs and now this thread.

I'm not arguing that he's currently fine as is, I'm just tired of seeing the same thing when I go to this section.

But, playing "What If" on the boards is fun....

Can't all be tech and circle jerks.

But, playing "What If" on the boards is fun....

Can't all be tech and circle jerks.

I can see having one thread detailing what the Lobo community would like for buffs, but 4 whole separate threads that detail what certain people want for his trait or the character overall in a forum section that's nearly dead is pretty depressing.

And the only "circle jerk" thread this section has is the "top 3 psn lobos" thread that Red Venom made. I would much rather have a section filled with threads that have tech, matchup threads and many of the other important threads most sections have instead of a section filled with "i want this to be changed about my character because my character is bad".

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
- Stacking Nuclear Shells,
- faster recovery on an on hit B1,2,1+3,
- Fix the hitbox on 2,1 so it no longer wiffs at random,
- Make armor on MB charge start up instantly, and no longer mid animation,
- Make mid shotgun blast an overhead (No it would NOT be op, it bags minimal damage, even on ex, moreso to give corner knockdown mixups.)
- Faster B2, Lobo has no mixups at close range due to how easy the overhead is to fuzzy guard.

Any combination one of these would be cool. I've probably forgotten a few, but oh well haha.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
The only reason I even made this thread was because HardlyWalken made the exact same one for Bane because they're trying to have a thread with which NRS can take notice before the big patch on the way or future patches. So I figured why not do the same, I'm almost always in the Lobo forums and everything is all over the place I'm trying to put all the USEFUL information in threads that are popular. That being said can we please stay on topic here. I'm not making another buff thread infact this is my first and only one. I'm still working on the character guide, and rest assured everyone the new match-up thread will be up soon. This thread was simply meant to ask what you'd like to see in the next patch or future patches. If there's nothing constructive to say, don't say it at all.

(Interestingly, this thread is far more popular than the Bane version, which came first LOL)

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
-b12 opponent fall rate slowed down so the d1 combo is easier to hit across the whole cast
-Trait giving +frames on shotty or more range or armor break (Its fucking nuclear shells lol).
- less -frames on party crasher. maybe bigger hit bot or priority. Idk i'm talking nonsense on this one.
- less startup on b2.
-more invincibility on a wakeup or something
-less floaty jump

If I see at least one of these I would be extremely happy, especially a trait buff or jump buff. I think this character is fine right now though. If he got some small tweaks to his gameplay I think he could definetly have strong showings.

Am I the only one who thinks b12 should maybe start combos in other ways besides d1? Almost every one else has a b1 whatever low combo starter that can be linked into standing mids or highs. Or even another b12. I'm not saying he needs it, but b12 d1 is crap, even with a better link window. I mean, looking at the move: you would think that it should go into a 113 (not based on its recovery, based on the other characters in the game.) Lobo has to work hard to get in against most of the cast, often at the cost of obscene chip damage, he should at least have a good high low mixup throw out.
That said, I would be ok without this (B12 mb hookcharge is dope), but just imagine! How wonderful would it be to hear sinsestro players shitting their pants in fear as soon as you got past their snowballs and boulders? Seeing the look in hawkgirls eyes as her trait runs out and you're right there waiting for her. The amount of insane mind games you could play with the 33.3/33.3/33.3 mixup you would now have at your hands, each of which could cost half a bar of life?
I'm aroused now, where is the circle jerk?
(that last part was nasty, I apologize.)

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Try poking Nightwing(Staff) with a 10 frame B1.....
I do, actually. 10 frames looks like a lot until you understand the fastest normal attacks in the game are 6 frames. Even so, depending on the circumstances I would set up, yea, I would beat that out, too. You're talking about just throwing it out there so of course you get out poked. I'm talking about using it when I'm at frame advantage. Big difference.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
The amount of insane mind games you could play with the 33.3/33.3/33.3 mixup
Consequently, I already play Lobo as if that is the case which is why Lord Hollow is right about the frames on the B1. I admit 6 is a bit much, if they did reduce the frames however, I think 8 would be reasonable. As for Party Crasher I think less start up on the animation would help give it more priority, but the way it is now it's useful to keep you suspended just long enough to avoid projectiles. If his jump wasn't as floaty Zoners would be even more of a problem then they are now.