What's new

The Beef Thread

Juxtapose

Warrior
Yeah, it just depends on whether I can find the time, and whether I buy a headset or not. I have a birthday coming up, so I very well might. I think the hard part is that I'm typically on Responsible Parent hours, so the times I'm available might not always match up with the schedule of others.

Also if you ever want to bring back the casual KI hosting let me know, I'd probably be interested in learning the game at some point.
You're on an Xbox Series S, correct? You can likely get a basic headset for free. That's what I did, picked up a basic Turtle Beach model. It's the Ear Force Recon Chat for Xbox. I either bought it at Best Buy or Shoppers Drug Mart. I think Best Buy.

For your schedule, that's true, but you can always put your feelers out and ask people. A lot of us on this site aren't getting any younger, so who knows.

For the Killer Instinct casuals, I've actually thought about it, and it's on my mind. Right now my company is downsizing and I'm tied up in work hell (I'm the guy who has to close a floor and move people out) and timing-wise, this project will begin wrapping out just in time for my wedding. If I do bring them back, it'd likely be the fall at earliest.

Edit: I meant a basic headset for cheap, not for free :laughing:

Last edited:

Evantabes

Dojo Trainee
I kind of want to start a dedicated weekly KOTH or some kind of group lobby or meetup thing where bad casual players like me can play other bad casual players in an attempt to not be so bad and casual.
i'd be willing to help organize/run/TO/play or whatever you need as long as it fits my schedule. having the weekly thing for mk11 pc was actually really fun and helpful so i wouldn't mind bringing it back in some form.

For the Killer Instinct casuals, I've actually thought about it, and it's on my mind.
i'll forsure be in there if you end up doing it. been playing a bunch since anniversary edition dropped and the game still hits after all these years.

Juxtapose

Warrior
i'll forsure be in there if you end up doing it. been playing a bunch since anniversary edition dropped and the game still hits after all these years.
I actually haven't played since I stopped hosting, so I haven't touched "Anniversary Edition" yet, but I've heard good things. Who are you playing as?

YagamiFire

Dojo Trainee
He's too much of a pussy, tbh. He knows he'd get exposed.
You are legitimately the saddest person I've seen on a fighting game forum. Any fighting game forum. And holy shit that says a lot.

"FIGHT ME IN MK, BRO! THAT'LL PROVE ME RIGHT!"

Holy shit the insecurity is unreal.

Basically you're a coward.
Yes I'm a 'coward' because I uninstalled a bloated game that's like 100 gbs because it wasn't fun to play. I should have been brave and kept it on my system. What brilliant insight. You have nothing in your life, do you? Good god.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
You are legitimately the saddest person I've seen on a fighting game forum. Any fighting game forum. And holy shit that says a lot.

"FIGHT ME IN MK, BRO! THAT'LL PROVE ME RIGHT!"

Holy shit the insecurity is unreal.

Yes I'm a 'coward' because I uninstalled a bloated game that's like 100 gbs because it wasn't fun to play. I should have been brave and kept it on my system. What brilliant insight. You have nothing in your life, do you? Good god.
This is a whole lot of words to say, "I'm afraid of getting absolutely bodied by Vulgar."

Pussy behavior.

To the shadow realm with you, neckbeard.

YagamiFire

Dojo Trainee
This is a whole lot of words to say, "I'm afraid of getting absolutely bodied by Vulgar."
Bodied in a game I stopped playing because it's bad? Why would I even care, dude? Why do you care? What is this level of absolute insane insecurity? You are positively seething behind your screen. Get help.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Bodied in a game I stopped playing because it's bad? Why would I even care, dude? Why do you care? What is this level of absolute insane insecurity? You are positively seething behind your screen. Get help.
Nah, not seething.

Just validated that another neckbearded chud is all talk and no walk.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
As it turns out, a beef thread is all well and good.

Until people duck challenges.

Yagami has been sent to the shadow realm. Someone message me if he decides to play.

YagamiFire

Dojo Trainee
Just validated that another neckbearded chud is all talk and no walk.
"All talk"

...I literally never said I wanted to game against you. I don't even have any interest in the gameplay of the game. That's why I got rid of it. WTF are you talking about?

"I don't play this game. It's not fun"
"1V1 ME, BRO! 1V1, ME! I'll prove you wrong!"

Are you just mentally ill or something?

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
"All talk"

...I literally never said I wanted to game against you. I don't even have any interest in the gameplay of the game. That's why I got rid of it. WTF are you talking about?

"I don't play this game. It's not fun"
"1V1 ME, BRO! 1V1, ME! I'll prove you wrong!"

Are you just mentally ill or something?
Tbf, you could've ducked the beef thread altogether, there's kind of a positive toxicity vibe going on here.

But yall are beefing because you're saying the game is objectively bad, and it is funny that a lot of people with that opinion are kinda bad at the game. Lemme guess, you don't like Kameos and don't use them in gameplay?

Totally cool to not like the game, but I didn't come here during IJ2 and bitch.

And also, like you said, this is a fighting game forum. Play the game. What's wrong with you internet heathens?

YagamiFire

Dojo Trainee
Tbf, you could've ducked the beef thread altogether, there's kind of a positive toxicity vibe going on here.
Dude, you pinged me into this sad crackshack of a thread filled with deeply insecure people.

But yall are beefing because you're saying the game is objectively bad, and it is funny that a lot of people with that opinion are kinda bad at the game. Lemme guess, you don't like Kameos and don't use them in gameplay?
I said I don't like the game and don't enjoy the story or the gameplay (single player or versus). That's personal preference. Game is bad to me. Game is also bad to everyone I know IRL that bought the game then dropped it despite having been fans of MK9-11. Just is what it is. Some people don't like it. Going by active player numbers, A LOT of people seem to not want to play it. Again, is what it is. Now I do think the story is objectively bad but that's not particularly relevant.

Regarding kameos, I don't like the kameos for a couple reasons but, when playing the game, of course I used them because they're a huge mechanical part of the game. I play games to do well at them. I didn't find it rewarding to get better at MK1 (unlike 9, X and 11) because it's just not a fun game to me.

Play the game
"Just eat the slop"

No?

I spend my time playing good games. I started posting here for MK1 by partaking in the Reiko sub to add to it what I could, etc. Then I slowed down when the game massively lost my interest and NRS' scummy business practices kept coming up again and again and again. Doesn't mean I can't check in with MK every now and then when news or whatever drops. There's a reason I have big gaps in my posts. I still like the series, I just think NRS has massively fumbled the bag. It ain't complicated.

Don't get why some people seem so obsessed with people having to like and play their game. I love SVC. I always have. Do I know it's a jank AF game that has not been well liked? Absolutely. I don't need people to like it. I don't need to challenge people to play me in it to somehow try and validate my opinion. That shit's just sad. Sometimes stuff is considered jank by people and people still like it. More power to 'em. I ain't supporting it though and I have no interest in playing it unless it's jank I also like. Hell, the entire 3d era is jank and I can enjoy those games (just not as much as UMK3 or MK9/X...or a huge number of other fighters)

TLDR: It isn't that deep.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@SaltShaker I will say, a two week "let me get better first," period is bold to ask for in a beef set. But okay, yeah, sure.

View attachment 21853
I mean, I do understand you'd want to get your runback when I've had the game collecting dust for months and can't even put together optimal combos yet. After all, that is the only way you'd ever have a chance to beat me so the impatience is certainly expected. But don't worry, your body bag will arrive before you've even went back to school.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
Dude, you pinged me into this sad crackshack of a thread filled with deeply insecure people.

I said I don't like the game and don't enjoy the story or the gameplay (single player or versus). That's personal preference. Game is bad to me. Game is also bad to everyone I know IRL that bought the game then dropped it despite having been fans of MK9-11. Just is what it is. Some people don't like it. Going by active player numbers, A LOT of people seem to not want to play it. Again, is what it is. Now I do think the story is objectively bad but that's not particularly relevant.

Regarding kameos, I don't like the kameos for a couple reasons but, when playing the game, of course I used them because they're a huge mechanical part of the game. I play games to do well at them. I didn't find it rewarding to get better at MK1 (unlike 9, X and 11) because it's just not a fun game to me.

"Just eat the slop"

No?

I spend my time playing good games. I started posting here for MK1 by partaking in the Reiko sub to add to it what I could, etc. Then I slowed down when the game massively lost my interest and NRS' scummy business practices kept coming up again and again and again. Doesn't mean I can't check in with MK every now and then when news or whatever drops. There's a reason I have big gaps in my posts. I still like the series, I just think NRS has massively fumbled the bag. It ain't complicated.

Don't get why some people seem so obsessed with people having to like and play their game. I love SVC. I always have. Do I know it's a jank AF game that has not been well liked? Absolutely. I don't need people to like it. I don't need to challenge people to play me in it to somehow try and validate my opinion. That shit's just sad. Sometimes stuff is considered jank by people and people still like it. More power to 'em. I ain't supporting it though and I have no interest in playing it unless it's jank I also like. Hell, the entire 3d era is jank and I can enjoy those games (just not as much as UMK3 or MK9/X...or a huge number of other fighters)

TLDR: It isn't that deep.
Lol Dude I'm not gonna read all of that but I'm happy for you or I'm sorry for your loss or whatever

Last edited:

YagamiFire

Dojo Trainee
A thread to start and play rivalry games in Mortal Kombat on a Mortal Kombat FGC forum is a bad thread? I've officially seen it all.
A thread where a bunch of people are so insecure they call people out for online sets against people because they have a mild disagreement with them and think it will settle something is sad especially with the attitude it's full of. It's genuinely pathetic. Some of the most insecure behavior I've ever seen.

Dude is prolly 15 and has never been to a tournament in his life.
Bro we don't want to know about your obsession with 15 year olds.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
A thread where a bunch of people are so insecure they call people out for online sets against people because they have a mild disagreement with them and think it will settle something is sad especially with the attitude it's full of. It's genuinely pathetic. Some of the most insecure behavior I've ever seen.

Bro we don't want to know about your obsession with 15 year olds.
You're on the competitive site and you think it's weird we wanna play the game to settle arguments?

Why are you here?

YagamiFire

Dojo Trainee
Why are you here?
Mostly to generally discuss stuff very occasionally

You're on the competitive site and you think it's weird we wanna play the game to settle arguments?
"Winning in a video game means I'm right"

Yeah that mentality seems genuinely mentally impaired to me and I've never seen a functioning adult espouse it. It's something an emotionally arrested person would say. It's even stupider when you consider it's "I don't like this game" "I'll beat you in it to prove you're wrong" Like how does someone say that and not realize how stupid it is to challenge someone to a game they don't enjoy playing to prove you're right? Like that is remarkably stupid and insecure. "Haha I'm better than you at the game you don't play!" Are you that thirsty for a W? Way to tell on yourself

Typically people that are mentally healthy play games because they enjoy the games. Not to shore up their own fragile AF ego by beating people that don't play that game.