What's new

The Beef Thread

Marlow

Warrior
Almost all of Havik's launchers are fucking horrible in my eyes, so they are probably only effective either via cancels or a Kameo assist or set up. I mean, his one launcher is his 'tear-his-arm-off-and-beat-you-to-death-with-it' special move which is ONLY a launcher if your opponent doesn't hit you once while you are doing it. His other launcher is that blood clot thing that takes FOREVER to do. If he has other launchers, I don't remember them.
If you're open to taking notes:

His Neoplasm (blood clot one) launches in a combo. So you can do your 11 xx Neoplasm, or B22 Neoplasm, then a quick dash, and then something like F12 xx Twisted Torso. xx means cancel. 1 = Square Button or X, 2 = Triangle or Y, 3 = Circle or B.

You had some nice setups with getting the knockdown or space into Neoplasm, but then you followed up with a special instead of a string. I'd suggest using his B22 string a bit more, since on hit it can combo and on block it's safe or you can continue the string and go for a simple throw/low mixup. Also try using his 11 and 112 strings, both are +3 on block. 112 ends in an overhead but has a gap, so the opponent could armor through it.

A lot of Havik's gameplan revolves around getting opponents to block some of his plus strings, and putting them into a strike/throw mixup. Or getting a knockdown into setup with either his Neoplasm or his Seeking Neoplasm. If you want stop by the Havik General discussion, plenty of super knowledgeable people to talk to. I'm just a beginner at Havik, so there's probably even better stuff to learn from others there.

Eldriken

Life was wasted on you.
Even though I don't have beef with anyone, someone fight me. >.> I'm guaranteed to make you look like a pro and you'll feel better about yourself after steamrolling someone so easily.

I play on Steam, so add Eldriken or use the FC: 346911468.

If you're a console player, add my WB account: Eldriken.

I look forward to whomever wants to beat my ass and turn me into a heaping pile of salt. Who knows? Maybe some beef will get started as a result of it and we'll have to square up again to settle said created beef.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
If you're open to taking notes:

His Neoplasm (blood clot one) launches in a combo. So you can do your 11 xx Neoplasm, or B22 Neoplasm, then a quick dash, and then something like F12 xx Twisted Torso. xx means cancel. 1 = Square Button or X, 2 = Triangle or Y, 3 = Circle or B.

You had some nice setups with getting the knockdown or space into Neoplasm, but then you followed up with a special instead of a string. I'd suggest using his B22 string a bit more, since on hit it can combo and on block it's safe or you can continue the string and go for a simple throw/low mixup. Also try using his 11 and 112 strings, both are +3 on block. 112 ends in an overhead but has a gap, so the opponent could armor through it.

A lot of Havik's gameplan revolves around getting opponents to block some of his plus strings, and putting them into a strike/throw mixup. Or getting a knockdown into setup with either his Neoplasm or his Seeking Neoplasm. If you want stop by the Havik General discussion, plenty of super knowledgeable people to talk to. I'm just a beginner at Havik, so there's probably even better stuff to learn from others there.
Thanks for the tips.

ImpostorOak

Goro is a Pokémon
Lol, is this meant for Cyrax? :p

In which case in MK1, the answer is "both"
You bad, me good, let's fight. I'm off tomorrow and Thursday night and all day on Saturday.

Ft10. I honestly want to know if you're even good at the game. You talk very arrogantly on here and other places I've unfortunately experienced you, and I genuinely just have to know where that confidence comes from.

I've confronted you several times I've seen you spouting your condescending garbage, so you know where this is coming from.

So, let's settle this. Ft10, you can name the stakes/consequences, I'm just here for the beef.

Evantabes

Dojo Trainee
I think I have received an official challenge from @rifraf . Said user has responded to me with
2. F3 is NOT an "okie-doke or cheesy way to get in" and you're a bad player for saying that.
Back in the day you weren't allowed to call other people bad unless you were willing to prove it. Naturally I am willing to play in order to prove you wrong so I accept this perceived challenge. So what say you player? FT10 Li Mei mirror? Or do you just talk down to others without any plans of backing it up?

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
You bad, me good, let's fight. I'm off tomorrow and Thursday night and all day on Saturday.

Ft10. I honestly want to know if you're even good at the game. You talk very arrogantly on here and other places I've unfortunately experienced you, and I genuinely just have to know where that confidence comes from.

I've confronted you several times I've seen you spouting your condescending garbage, so you know where this is coming from.

So, let's settle this. Ft10, you can name the stakes/consequences, I'm just here for the beef.
Tagging @CrimsonShadow so he doesn't forget!

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
Now this is a classic beef. Two players that think they understand a character better than the other. @rifraf if your posts about a character are long enough to be essays you best be able to back it up in game..:coffee:
Touche.

So, what is this beef set about then? Loser gets to accept he’s wrong and the winner’s opinion is the ultimate truth or something?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Back in the day you weren't allowed to call other people bad unless you were willing to prove it. Naturally I am willing to play in order to prove you wrong so I accept this perceived challenge. So what say you player? FT10 Li Mei mirror? Or do you just talk down to others without any plans of backing it up?
Truest words ever right here. This is exactly how it was. Saying someone was wrong because they were bad was the FGC equivalent of "Dem soundz like fightin' words?!" 100%.

Evantabes

Dojo Trainee
Touche.

So, what is this beef set about then? Loser gets to accept he’s wrong and the winner’s opinion is the ultimate truth or something?
It's mostly about your acting like some high authority figure on the character/being a total knob to players who are probably better than you. There was way too much trashing other people's understanding of the game/character from someone who thinks ia db4 is difficult to execute. The incessant asking for buffs annoys me tbh but you're free to post whatever you want and I'm just not gonna engage with it. Ultimately I just want to play good players and if you understand the character as much as you claim to, then it should be decent games.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
It's mostly about your acting like some high authority figure on the character/being a total knob to players who are probably better than you. There was way too much trashing other people's understanding of the game/character from someone who thinks ia db4 is difficult to execute. The incessant asking for buffs annoys me tbh but you're free to post whatever you want and I'm just not gonna engage with it. Ultimately I just want to play good players and if you understand the character as much as you claim to, then it should be decent games.
And who TF are you? TYM's police and justice department offering your services against poorly treated individuals? :laughing: God damn you're lame! I annoy you? Cry me a river. You keep saying everyone and their mother is a better player than me. So then why do you want to play with me?

I think I totally got into you. I should probably just let you simmer in your hate for me :laughing: Besides, you never even bothered answering in the other thread. I wonder why :rolleyes:

Good luck with that ;)

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
And who TF are you? TYM's police and justice department offering your services against poorly treated individuals? :laughing: God damn you're lame! I annoy you? Cry me a river. You keep saying everyone and their mother is a better player than me. So then why do you want to play with me?

I think I totally got into you. I should probably just let you simmer in your hate for me :laughing:

Good luck with that ;)
Don't be a pussy.

Run the set.

ImpostorOak

Goro is a Pokémon

I think I totally got into you. I should probably just let you simmer in your hate for me :laughing: Besides, you never even bothered answering in the other thread. I wonder why :rolleyes:

Good luck with that ;)
This is why this thread was made. A lot of people who talk about this game are talking out of their uncleaned assholes.

If you're gonna post about characters, especially call other people bad, you're gonna have to prove you even know what youre talking about.

Don't be a baby, you're not getting anyone. They got you looking like a puss. Lol

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
Don't be a baby, you're not getting anyone. They got you looking like a puss. Lol
Some of you are thirsty for blood :laughing:

Pretty sure I'm not looking like a puss. If anything, I totally got the guy. Look how mad he is. I have 0 reasons to give him anything. I have literally nothing to gain. I've already won.

Cheers.

ImpostorOak

Goro is a Pokémon
Some of you are thirsty for blood :laughing:

Pretty sure I'm not looking like a puss. If anything, I totally got the guy. Look how mad he is. I have 0 reasons to give him anything. I have literally nothing to gain. I've already won.

Cheers.
I get that you're trying to troll, which makes you look more silly in this thread.

This is a fighting game forum, and you'll talk shit and troll, but not play.

You not like us

Evantabes

Dojo Trainee
i'll take it that means they're gonna duck me. sad but whatever, honestly kind of expected. i kinda just wanted people to know not to take their clown posts seriously and that'll probably be the case going forward after these doodoo ducking replies in here, the games were just gonna be a show for the people. if anyone actually wants to play i will happily play a ft10 for the title of biggest beefer tho.