What's new

The Beef Thread

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Mostly to generally discuss stuff very occasionally

"Winning in a video game means I'm right"

Yeah that mentality seems genuinely mentally impaired to me and I've never seen a functioning adult espouse it. It's something an emotionally arrested person would say. It's even stupider when you consider it's "I don't like this game" "I'll beat you in it to prove you're wrong" Like how does someone say that and not realize how stupid it is to challenge someone to a game they don't enjoy playing to prove you're right? Like that is remarkably stupid and insecure. "Haha I'm better than you at the game you don't play!" Are you that thirsty for a W? Way to tell on yourself

Typically people that are mentally healthy play games because they enjoy the games. Not to shore up their own fragile AF ego by beating people that don't play that game.

Tell us you've never been to a tournament or interacted with the FGC in any meaningful way without telling us that.

You don't understand how the competitive scene works, on a site about competitive Mortal Kombat.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant

Yeah that mentality seems genuinely mentally impaired to me and I've never seen a functioning adult espouse it. It's something an emotionally arrested person would say. It's even stupider when you consider it's "I don't like this game" "I'll beat you in it to prove you're wrong" Like how does someone say that and not realize how stupid it is to challenge someone to a game they don't enjoy playing to prove you're right? Like that is remarkably stupid and insecure. "Haha I'm better than you at the game you don't play!" Are you that thirsty for a W? Way to tell on yourself

Typically people that are mentally healthy play games because they enjoy the games. Not to shore up their own fragile AF ego by beating people that don't play that game.
Sure man, simplifying someone's point to fit your narrative. It's more a "let's drop this and play the game we both like and try to move on as friends, but also be competitive"

You're probably too immature to get it. Lashing out. Seek help. Ggs no re

YagamiFire

Dojo Trainee
Tell us you've never been to a tournament or interacted with the FGC in any meaningful way without telling us that.
Tell me you've never touched grass and have a serious social impairment without outright saying it.

In the arcades we would have laughed someone out of the building if someone said "1v1 me to prove I'm right!". You would have been ridiculed on the spot for being a total spaz.

Never once in the arcades did I ever see someone challenge a person to a game they outright state they don't play and act like that was some kind of logical, reasonable thing to do and gloat over being able to win. It's stupid AF.

You don't understand how the competitive scene works, on a site about competitive Mortal Kombat.
So let's get this clear...

You challenge me to a game I have not kept up on because I explicitly don't enjoy it. So much so I don't have it installed. You expect me to reinstall the game (requiring me to delete something else because MK1 is ludicrously bloated at over 100gb) then play you in MINIMUM 10 matches in a game I don't enjoy playing...

For what? To prove you might beat me in a game I don't play?

Are you seriously that pathetic that you need that kind of win? Jesus, dude, I feel really bad for you. What a sad fucking existence.

Here.

I accept your challenge.

I forfeit all 10 matches.

There you win.

Congrats? You proved you can beat me in a game I don't play. Print this post and ask your mom to put it on your fridge as your biggest accomplishment of the last decade I guess.

Sure man, simplifying someone's point to fit your narrative. It's more a "let's drop this and play the game we both like and try to move on as friends, but also be competitive"
I
don't
the
game

Also I don't want to move on 'as friends' with someone like the dude that challenged me. He seems like he's got really serious mental problems and should probably step back from online.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Tell me you've never touched grass and have a serious social impairment without outright saying it.

In the arcades we would have laughed someone out of the building if someone said "1v1 me to prove I'm right!". You would have been ridiculed on the spot for being a total spaz.

Never once in the arcades did I ever see someone challenge a person to a game they outright state they don't play and act like that was some kind of logical, reasonable thing to do and gloat over being able to win. It's stupid AF.

You challenge me to a game I have not kept up on because I explicitly don't enjoy it. So much so I don't have it installed. You expect me to reinstall the game (requiring me to delete something else because MK1 is ludicrously bloated at over 100gb) then play you in MINIMUM 10 matches in a game I don't enjoy playing...

Are you seriously that pathetic that you need that kind of win? Jesus, dude, I feel really bad for you. What a sad fucking existence.

Here.

I accept your challenge.

There you win.

Congrats? You proved you can beat me in a game I don't play. Print this post and ask your mom to put it on your fridge as your biggest accomplishment of the last decade I guess.

I
don't
the
game

Also I don't want to move on 'as friends' with someone like the dude that challenged me. He seems like he's got really serious mental problems and should probably step back from online.
You've never been to an arcade in your life.

The best part is that you don't realize how much everyone in this thread is laughing at you.

Trini_Bwoi

Warrior

Here.

I accept your challenge.

There you win.

I
don't
the
game

you seem to have a lot of beef if only there was a way for you to settle it

YagamiFire

Dojo Trainee
You've never been to an arcade in your life.

The best part is that you don't realize how much everyone in this thread is laughing at you.
I can't imagine giving a single fuck about what "1v1 me bro" literal blithering idiots would think about me. If I was in your good graces I'd actually reconsider my behavior.

You are pathetic, man. Like legit deeply pathetic.

Here. I'll forfeit 990 more matches to you in the game I don't play. You're now 1000 and 0.

Do you feel accomplished in life yet? Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
I can't imagine giving a single fuck about what "1v1 me bro" literal blithering idiots would think about me. If I was in your good graces I'd actually reconsider my behavior.

You are pathetic, man. Like legit deeply pathetic.

Here. I'll forfeit 990 more matches to you in the game I don't play. You're now 1000 and 0.

Do you feel accomplished in life yet? Jesus tapdancing Christ.
More clown behavior. You dropped your rubber nose, king.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant

This thread is for fun, and most people here have enjoyed it. You keep disparaging this thread and it's idea. Let me remind you that it's the most active non-dlc discussion thread on this site. Let me also remind you that this site was originally for the competitive scene. Playing the game to settle disputes is a staple in the fgc. It IS for fun. And within our community, if you dont even play the game you should have no voice, and if youre good at the game you should get a loud voice. Your little baby anime brain seems to struggle with that, and your replies are sad personal insults because, I assume, your whole life is a series of efforts to compensate for your small dick and social status.

I need you to stop replying to this thread. You've established that you have no business here and are just angry that Vulgar is talking to you. Leave, put dude on ignore. You continuing to bicker with him when you don't get the vibe and aren't gonna play just makes you look like everything you're calling him.

No one thinks the game will make someone actually right. But what will? Yall gonna make out? You gonna fight? Are YOU that stupid? It's an internet argument. No one was gonna win or see that the other was right. Lol.

Get off @Vulgar dick, and tell me what game you play seriously? Someone as lame brained and ready to call people dumb all the same, probably isn't good at anything, if I had to guess. I'll ft10 you in fucking Pong, boy.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This isn't true at all actually. Back "in the arcades" when you talked smack about things you were always challenged to get on the machine and back it up. I once got into an argument with Justin Wong of all people at Chinatown Fair if you even know what that was, and during it he said almost word for word, "get on the stick and show me then" and I didn't back down. We literally fought each other in the game over it for about half an hour and resolved the issue right after playing each other and were pretty cool ever since.

If you were as close to the FGC as your implying with your arcade comment I would think you'd understand this. But since you don't play MK because you don't like it, fair enough. What FG do you play competitively?

Tekken 8?
SF6?
KOF15?
GGST?

I'll FT5 or FT10 you in any of these games above. That way you can just do the challenge in a FG you play.

What say ye?

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
Long time no see. :O
Dude! When I saw your name on here I said the same thing to myself. I hope you're doing well my friend, I don't come to this site as often now that I don't play MK1 anymore (that may change). I've been all about Tekken 8 since it's launch, but I do pop my head in from time to time to check in. Particularly to see threads like this one lol. What are you playing these days?

Eldriken

Life was wasted on you.
Dude! When I saw your name on here I said the same thing to myself. I hope you're doing well my friend, I don't come to this site as often now that I don't play MK1 anymore (that may change). I've been all about Tekken 8 since it's launch, but I do pop my head in from time to time to check in. Particularly to see threads like this one lol. What are you playing these days?
I play MK1 here and there, but I've been playing a loooooooot of Destiny 2 and Diablo 4.

You should add me in Discord or something so we can chat. My username is the same there as it is here. I hope you're doing as well, my guy.