What's new

Guide The Batman Combo Thread

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Okay here's the combo. It's the first one I do, but I usually don't whiff the 112. I'm in a hurry at the moment so I rushed this process but here it is.

Not a real reset, set the computer to auto block. They will block all the bats after 112. Also J2 > than J1. It leads to more damage and has a bigger hit box.

You're dropping guaranteed damage in hopes that your opponent is completely sleeping. You want to do 112 call bats after a MB grapple. Its a guaranteed b23 after 39% damage and if they don't block you can release bats into MB grapple again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SepiaSP

Noob
I can't cancel b2 into EX sky grapple during an AA, the game always do b2 into Ex sky batarang. Also during J2 > 123 > 3 > EX sky grapple > b3 > j3 > b23 I don't understand how the 3 > EX sky grapple can connect midscreen. Bad timming? Sure It's is...help! :(

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Not a real reset, set the computer to auto block. They will block all the bats after 112. Also J2 > than J1. It leads to more damage and has a bigger hit box.

You're dropping guaranteed damage in hopes that your opponent is completely sleeping. You want to do 112 call bats after a MB grapple. Its a guaranteed b23 after 39% damage and if they don't block you can release bats into MB grapple again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Thanks man!

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I can't cancel b2 into EX sky grapple during an AA, the game always do b2 into Ex sky batarang. Also during J2 > 123 > 3 > EX sky grapple > b3 > j3 > b23 I don't understand how the 3 > EX sky grapple can connect midscreen. Bad timming? Sure It's is...help! :(
Try taking negative edge off, and see if that helps you.

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
you have to do the 3 as soon a you can and as high as you can (and it still hits) after the 123 string. Then cancel the 3 into the mb sky grapple. the timing is a little strict but with some practice youll get it with no poblem.

What's good non meter burn followups to 1 2 3?
In the corner I do J2, 123, 3, slight delay, 123, b23, I believe it does 30-35%(I forget exactly since im at work right now), and you can extend it with bats, j2, b23. Midscreen I usualy dont go for the 123 string if I dont have meter, ill go for the 113 string or 223 string, followed by B3, J3, B23(and then extend if possible).

SepiaSP

Noob
you have to do the 3 as soon a you can and as high as you can (and it still hits) after the 123 string. Then cancel the 3 into the mb sky grapple. the timing is a little strict but with some practice youll get it with no poblem.
It's all about the negative edge, now it's peace of cake :) Thank you!!

Oh! The EX sky grapple> b3 > JI3 > b23 33% 1 bar is 32%, d2 > ex sky grapple> b3 > JI3 > b23 32% 1 bar is 26% and J2 > 123 > 3 > EX sky grapple > b3 > j3 > b23 1 BAR 42% is 43%,

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
It's all about the negative edge, now it's peace of cake :) Thank you!!

Oh! The EX sky grapple> b3 > JI3 > b23 33% 1 bar is 32%, d2 > ex sky grapple> b3 > JI3 > b23 32% 1 bar is 26% and J2 > 123 > 3 > EX sky grapple > b3 > j3 > b23 1 BAR 42% is 43%,
im confused are you saying that the damage has changed(since patch)?
Edit: ok I se your referring to the anti air combos.

Seapeople

This one's for you
b23 Corner Meterless (with bats):
b23, 1, b23~rb, j3, b23 = 49%/52%

b113 Corner Meterless (with bats):
b113, b23, 123, rb, nj3, b23 = 42%/45%

Air Interactable Combos:
These combos are used for interactables that you have to jump up to activate.

223, f3, j3~interactable = 40%/45%
223, b3, j2, j3~interactable = 44%/47%
113, b3, j2, j3~interactable = 44%/47%
b113, 123, j2~interactable = 34%/40%

-The damage on these combos is based on the interactables in the Insurgency (Command Center).
-These combos do the same damage on the Ferris Aircraft, Batcave (Lagoon), Metropolis (Street), Metropolis (Museum), Fortress of Solitude (Menagerie), Hall of Justice (Great Hall), and Arkham/Joker Asylum (Cell Block).
-They do 1% more in the Insurgency (Lab), Metropolis (Rooftop), Watchtower (Bridge), Watchtower (Reactor).
-They do 3% more in the Fortress of Solitude (Lab) and Arkham/Joker Asylum (Mess Hall).

Corner Interactable Combos:
223, f3 (reverses positions), j2, b23~interactable = 49%/53%
112~MB straight grapple, nj2, 223, f3 (reverses positions), j2, b23~interactable = 55%/58%

These particular set ups can only be done on a few stages...
-Insurgency (Lab): Right corner/green button
-Watchtower (Bridge): Left corner/red button
-Themyscira (Port): Right corner/barrels. This interactable does 2% less than the other stages and keeps you in the corner.

Fortress of Solitude (Lab): Right corner/red laser
Tack this on to the end of any corner bnb for about 5-6% extra damage. The most damaging
follow up afterward is actually j3~scatter bomb rather than b23. You can also use b3
for a stage transition and slightly more damage.

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
ok while we are at it, what is the best combo following a B113 meterless and with meter midscreen?

I do(without trait):

(with meter)
J2, B113, 2,2, Mb grapple, B3, J3, B23

no meter

J2, B113, b2, 123, B23

kikeuy

Noob
j2 > 1,1,3 > b3 > j3 > j2 > 1,2,3 > rb > j3 >b2,3 - Midscreen , bats , meterless , 46%
You can switch the last j3 > b2,3 for b3 for a transition. Very easy, adds little dmg, but resets positions...

b3 > j3 > j2 > 1,2,3 > b2,3 > rb > mb grapple > j2 > b2, 3 - bats , 1mb , 48%

f3 > j2 > 3,cb > 1 > 1 > b2, 3 > rb > j3 > b2,3 - Corner , 46%(sometimes 47%) , meterless. It´s almost the same as the one on my last video , but somehow, it feels easier to do. You don´t need to do 1 > 1
but it raise the opponent, and again, somehow it feels easier doing it.

XxThaVoicexX

YELLOW IS POWAH
Hey all. Batman midscreen combo 50% 1 meter and 52% 2 meters with dirty crossup at the end. Check it out. Idk if anyone found it yet. Check out my youtube page too.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Scratch those corner interactable combos from my last post, you can tech roll to escape. The air interactable combos & everything else is still legit though

Im not sure if you guys already know this, but did you know there is a hole in batmans b23 string also? You cant punish him though due to the fact that he rolls away, but you can jump away from the last hit, the batarang explosion, if you block the first 2 initial hits of b23. I havent tried it yet but I think characters with teleports like ares can teleport away from it and behind you to punish you during the roll away.

Ultra fighting game noob here. Havent touched one in 15 years.

1. For example, J2 > B23 > 123

Does this mean Press jump and medium hit at same time, then back and medium hit and heavy hit at the same time, then all 3 hit buttons at the same time?

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
Ultra fighting game noob here. Havent touched one in 15 years.

1. For example, J2 > B23 > 123

Does this mean Press jump and medium hit at same time, then back and medium hit and heavy hit at the same time, then all 3 hit buttons at the same time?
It means to jump then press medium. Usually people note it as Ji2, or jump in 2 meaning your jumping towards the opponent to hit them with a jumping medium attack. B23 means you press back,then medium, than heavy. 123 is pressing light, then medium, then heavy. We right it as 123 because writing commas in between takes up too much space and is unnecessary once you learn that these are strings, or buttons being pressed in succession one after another. These strings or combos are unique to Batman, for example b23 makes batman hit the opponent with a small explosive that he plants on the ground and blows up underneath the opponent. He than does a roll back, so really to connect the 123 after the b23 you have to dash forward immediately after the b23 and you recover from the animation( or in other words when batman his finished is roll and your able to move again). It's very tight timing so you can even try replacing the 123 string with just a single 1(or light) then do b23 again for an easier combo.Hope that helps

It means to jump then press medium. Usually people note it as Ji2, or jump in 2 meaning your jumping towards the opponent to hit them with a jumping medium attack. B23 means you press back,then medium, than heavy. 123 is pressing light, then medium, then heavy. We right it as 123 because writing commas in between takes up too much space and is unnecessary once you learn that these are strings, or buttons being pressed in succession one after another. These strings or combos are unique to Batman, for example b23 makes batman hit the opponent with a small explosive that he plants on the ground and blows up underneath the opponent. He than does a roll back, so really to connect the 123 after the b23 you have to dash forward immediately after the b23 and you recover from the animation( or in other words when batman his finished is roll and your able to move again). It's very tight timing so you can even try replacing the 123 string with just a single 1(or light) then do b23 again for an easier combo.Hope that helps
Thank you. I really appreciate the explanation.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I'm having fits hitting the B3 after a 223 or 113 online. Are you guys inputting the B3 as the animation is going on or directly after?