What's new

Guide The Batman Combo Thread

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
The meterless corner combo came from Reo. It's in his video he posted the day the game came out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
And now for my contribution to this thread :) As I have done some testing and this is pretty legit.

Its more of a setup than anything and is a bit tricky, but its a cool way to end a combo with b23 and still be in the opponents face.

Basically the point is to get bats out either before the combo or during the b3 and end it in a MB grapple into b23~slide. Midscreen it goes something like this:

(whatever combo)~df1MB j2 b23~slide. <release bats, timing-based not a cancel>

The slide will whiff, but you are still at advantage and right in their face. So you can block their wake up and punish, or you can release the bats to catch them back dashing or to make them block as you go in for more pressure. There is hella room for creativity with this setup as well. Enjoy guys. Hope to see some people doing some craziness with it, it would make me vurreh happeh :p

blues686

Black lantern
Dont. Know if this was posted but i just found this while in the lab 40 percent meterless combo with batman ( needs bats out) can do it anywhere on screen

J2 2,2,3 j2 123 b23 release bats df1 = 40 percent

It also carries to the corner or close enough to do a stage transition . So after you do df1 for the grapple hook, u can spend 1 bar to freeze them in place for a stage transition with increases the damage to 48 percent.

This combo also works with starter f3 for 38 percent

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
j2 223 b3 4 b2~df1MB j2 b23~slide. <release bats, timing-based not a cancel>

:p
That's pretty much the same combo I listed back on page 5, except for the b2 and the j2 in he middle of your combo I do j3. How much do you get with your version? Really like the slide at the end after the b23, good way to continue the pressure instead of just dashing after the b23 and potentially getting hit by there wakeup if you don't get there fast enough.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Okay I have a question RapZiLLa54 Tell what you think about this combo...

JI1, B2 trait, JI2, 112 Batarang, release bats, JI2, 223, JI2, B2, Straight Grapple(MB), Jump over Glide kick, 223, B+23.

The combo put the op in the corner. My question is that if I wait for them to come back from being dizzy I can land another combo, but is it worth it do so? I can also just end it by pressing 3 & just doing the elbow to put the op back on the ground then start up the B112 pressure. What's your opinion on this?

10+25+37 = 71% damage. Forgot to add that... Sorry.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
That's pretty much the same combo I listed back on page 5, except for the b2 and the j2 in he middle of your combo I do j3. How much do you get with your version? Really like the slide at the end after the b23, good way to continue the pressure instead of just dashing after the b23 and potentially getting hit by there wakeup if you don't get there fast enough.
Yeah, basically anytime I have bats out and don't need to extend the combo, I will go for this. Especially since you are at advantage, you can use the bats to help lock them down after the whiffed slide, or cover your ass. PLUS it really sets up b3 frame advantage pressure once the are conditioned to not backdash or wake up. Im sure there are some characters against which this is not optimal, but nonetheless, a good tool to have.

RapZiLLa54

Okay I have a question RapZiLLa54 Tell what you think about this combo...

JI1, B2 trait, JI2, 112 Batarang, release bats, JI2, 223, JI2, B2, Straight Grapple(MB), Jump over Glide kick, 223, B+23.

The combo put the op in the corner. My question is that if I wait for them to come back from being dizzy I can land another combo, but is it worth it do so? I can also just end it by pressing 3 & just doing the elbow to put the op back on the ground then start up the B112 pressure. What's your opinion on this?

10+25+37 = 71% damage. Forgot to add that... Sorry.
I'm not sure I follow. Is that entire combo only 1 bar and does 71% damage or is their a reset somewhere in there? If the combo ends with b23 then your opponent is back on the ground regardless..

RapZiLLa54

Yeah, basically anytime I have bats out and don't need to extend the combo, I will go for this. Especially since you are at advantage, you can use the bats to help lock them down after the whiffed slide, or cover your ass. PLUS it really sets up b3 frame advantage pressure once the are conditioned to not backdash or wake up. Im sure there are some characters against which this is not optimal, but nonetheless, a good tool to have.
But b23 isn't an untechable knockdown. So if you whiff slide they can easily just roll away from you putting you at disadvantage. But then again the bats would make up for the disadvantage.

I remember people did this with reptiles slide whiffs but it was blown up all the time because of recovery frames won't add up, especially if they tech roll.

Seapeople

This one's for you
A few days ago I brought up a possible corner reset. See this video by DoctrineDark...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g-subs-u&v=n-kvaxGDN0c

When I tried it seemed like the other person can escape if they dont block the bats which will push them out of range of the explosion. DoctrineDark were you able to make this one completely guaranteed?

Another set up I found that's similar to this one ..
End a corner combo with MB straight grapple, crossover j2, 2~interactable, release bats.
^This entire thing combos together without causing a reset, but it splats the opponent keeping them in the corner and the 3rd bat causes an OTG that can't be escaped with wakeups. It's basically a standing reset with big frame advantage, and if the opponent isnt blocking on wakeup then you get a free combo. I'm still not sure yet if this will be worth using compared with his other corner set ups. Sorry it's pretty hard to explain, I might have to make a video.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I'm not sure I follow. Is that entire combo only 1 bar and does 71% damage or is their a reset somewhere in there? If the combo ends with b23 then your opponent is back on the ground regardless..
I don't know exactly what the definition of "reset" is honestly. That what I was asking you a person with a experience for lol. I'll just upload the video so you can see what I mean. The entire combo is not 71%. It's broken into parts. The first amount of damage is 10, then 24, then 37. Sorry but I'm sure the video will help you help me out with my question.

RapZiLLa54

A few days ago I brought up a possible corner reset. See this video by DoctrineDark...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g-subs-u&v=n-kvaxGDN0c

When I tried it seemed like the other person can escape if they dont block the bats which will push them out of range of the explosion. DoctrineDark were you able to make this one completely guaranteed?

Another set up I found that's similar to this one ..
End a corner combo with MB straight grapple, crossover j2, 2~interactable, release bats.
^This entire thing combos together without causing a reset, but it splats the opponent keeping them in the corner and the 3rd bat causes an OTG that can't be escaped with wakeups. It's basically a standing reset with big frame advantage, and if the opponent isnt blocking on wakeup then you get a free combo. I'm still not sure yet if this will be worth using compared with his other corner set ups. Sorry it's pretty hard to explain, I might have to make a video.
Can't you just do 22 interactable instead of 3 interactable to keep them closer? Curious, why would you waste the bats to get them to block when its an unblockable??? You could have gotten mid 40s with the bats out in the middle of that and then ended with b23 rb ex grapple, no?

Your standing reset sounds very interesting, i'll have to try it when I get home.

RapZiLLa54

I don't know exactly what the definition of "reset" is honestly. That what I was asking you a person with a experience for lol. I'll just upload the video so you can see what I mean. The entire combo is not 71%. It's broken into parts. The first amount of damage is 10, then 24, then 37. Sorry but I'm sure the video will help you help me out with my question.
A true reset is when your combo ends but yet you can get a guaranteed second combo without the opponent being able to block and it doesn't damage scale.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Can't you just do 22 interactable instead of 3 interactable to keep them closer? Curious, why would you waste the bats to get them to block when its an unblockable??? You could have gotten mid 40s with the bats out in the middle of that and then ended with b23 rb ex grapple, no?

Your standing reset sounds very interesting, i'll have to try it when I get home.
I'm not sure why standing 3 was used, but the bats have to be used brcause it keeps them from being able to jump or dash out.

kikeuy

Noob
Slightly modified one of my last one(corner only):
J2 > B2,3 > 1,2,3 > 3 > Mb Grapple > J2 > b2,3 > rb > J3 > b2,3
It does most of the time 57%, sometimes 56%. More dmg yet somehow it is easier than the one using b2.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Seapeople truth this reset has a complicated time to evade, opponent can crouch and allow 2 bats on his head, but if he make a front dash is beaten by bats, opponent can back dash but as I say, is a very difficult time. The other thing, if the opponent leaves hit by the trait batman can continue the combo in the ground after car jump.

Also I have another reset/trap allowing catch the opponent after the explosion, is a trait trap, I'll upload all this today.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
I'm sure this can be improved, or modified, for now just discovered the trait-trap after the explosion, serves to keep pressuring the opponent, the only way for the opponent blocks the last bat is crouch.

after last bat b3 works like option select, if your opponent is beaten by the last bat you can release b3 and start a new combo, if he blocks you can cancel b3 with back dash

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm sure this can be improved, or modified, for now just discovered the trait-trap after the explosion, serves to keep pressuring the opponent, the only way for the opponent blocks the last bat is crouch.

after last bat b3 works like option select, if your opponent is beaten by the last bat you can release b3 and start a new combo, if he blocks you can cancel b3 with back dash
Nice, this is the set up I was talking about :) RapZiLLa54