What's new

Tell me what you like about MK11

Ceroder

Noob
The only definite thing I really like is the customization we have right now. If we are talking about gameplay wise, I have my worries and honestly I just want to try them out, I really like how they made it footsie based and its really good, but Krushing Blows, Fatal Blows, Meter System... Those 3 main things just feels awful from what I've seen. But hey, maybe its something amazing, so I will not talk deeply about this before launch

Customization isnt as big as Tekken 7 from what we have seen, but well, its something. Hope we get hair customization, because, well, Skarlet and Hanzo's hair is not exactly what I want. I want to see Scorpion in a half-up half-down hairstyle, Skarlet's in a long red hair and Kronika's head kinda annoys me, I like her whole design and concept but her baldness feels out of place.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I like the automatically regenerating meter. Nobody gets rewarded for simply backing up and throwing projectiles.

On a less serious note, it'll come in handy if you happen to be fishing for a brute that requires an ex or 'amplified' special lol. No more whiffing specials and letting yourself get hit just to build the meter for it.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Almost everything, really.
It's graphically beautiful, I like the new character designs (mostly), I like the gameplay changes, I absolutely LOVE the customisation part, and I'm so ecstatic about Skarlet's blood priestess costume and her concept having changed from being a "ninja who do blood stuff" to an all-out blood mage!

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I like you!
The game just really appeals to me. :p
I'm also of the belief that I have to try it out for myself before I can fully judge it, so though there might be a few things here and there I'm a bit worried about, it doesn't mean that I am going to start petitions to try and make NRS change it or remove it. XD
Constructive feedback is good and all, but I feel a lot of people are overreacting in extremes for whatever reason.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
The game just really appeals to me. :p
I'm also of the belief that I have to try it out for myself before I can fully judge it, so though there might be a few things here and there I'm a bit worried about, it doesn't mean that I am going to start petitions to try and make NRS change it or remove it. XD
Constructive feedback is good and all, but I feel a lot of people are overreacting in extremes for whatever reason.
100% agreed .... spoke as a true MK fan with a rational brain, very good and truthful opinion, fellow .... thank God for men of reason ! :cool:

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
1. The graphics. The game looks absolutely stunning.

2. Shorter combos. As a beginner I welcome that a lot, since I haven't even remotely developed the muscle memory to perform longer combos in general.

3. Even though the game has shorter combos, the Krushing Blows still make it look like there will be a lot of Kombat depth. You'll have to brain-juggle all the activations to get the most damage possible. For all the different characters you play. So it will be very individual and I like that a lot.

Agilaz

It has begun
I know I am getting old when people don't know who Tom Brady is lol.

He's an OG MK player that has been playing since the old games. Used to be a top player, and still is very good in general when games come out. Once of the smartest minds for the game, and one of the best tech knowledge distributors.
Also a great source of memes.

Joking aside, I sincerely hope Tom comes back big time for MK11. This seems like a game he would do well in.

2. Shorter combos. As a beginner I welcome that a lot, since I haven't even remotely developed the muscle memory to perform longer combos in general.
How long have you played NRS games?
It won't be long before you do most combos with ease, you just need to practice.

Also, welcome!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It's a hard question to answer when I haven't tried it yet, but I guess I like the customization aspect and the graphics are looking really sweet so far. The movements seem very fluid.

Dabluprint4

eh....
I like the Krushing Blow mechanic and the fact that you can choose when you trigger it.
I like that there's no run button
the graphics look fucking gorgeous
I'm liking all of the new mechanics like the fatal blow, the offensive and defensive meters, and their uses
The CUSTOMIZATION!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Hmmm, this may be a long list lol

- Running is gone & walking is the new way to travel. Good movement!
- Neutral is back. It seems to be about footsies and punishing and not 50/50s.
- Slower gameplay (I need it, I'm old ok lmao)
- Less focus on giant combos (hopefully not a lot of cyrax/kitana style forever juggles).
- Skarlet & Baraka being back.
- Skarlet's new blood mage look.
- CUSTOMIZATION (Including but not limited to visual, variations, and intros/outros)
- Updated Character Graphics (minus Sonya)
- Stages look beautiful, particularly oldie's with visual damage and wear (shang's courtyard)
- New meter system
- Less armor
- NJP doesn't launch (sleep well quan/raiden/takeda noobs!)
- Krushing blows seem interesting
- Raiden's new lighting moves (especially the stomp and the backwards throw)
- Sound Quality (Raiden's move sound thunderous and booming now and much of the voice work is great)
- Sub's new specials like Kreeping Ice, Rising Ice, and Frigid Storm.
- Zoning is back without giving the zoner more resources than the person trying to get in.
- Geras seems cool
- Kronika (hopefully playable)
- Return of Shao Kahn (the true kahn, gtfo Kotal) (disclaimer, I do like Kotal :p)
- Return of Cassie, even if she looks meh
- Lack of launching without meter
- Scorpion's spear doesn't capture without meter
- New wakeup system

Dislikes:

- Sub-Zero's default hat
- Sonya's face and VA
- Injustice style combo damage counter (330.23 instead of 33%)
- Controller input for Amplify (I don't see why it can't be like ex/mb inputs)
- Flawless Block (It's probably too early to judge this aspect, but I just feel like the good players will be able to abuse this to basically make any strings with gaps and even common staggers useless. And I'm normally an advocate of defensive tools, but I feel like this will be really, really strong)

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I really love the idea of the new amplify system. I love how they did it graphically in the corner, and I can't wait to see how it impacts the meta.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Dislikes:
- Sub-Zero's default hat
- Sonya's face and VA
- Injustice style combo damage counter (330.23 instead of 33%)
- Controller input for Krushing Blows (I don't see why it can't be like ex/mb inputs)
- Flawless Block (It's probably too early to judge this aspect, but I just feel like the good players will be able to abuse this to basically make any strings with gaps and even common staggers useless. And I'm normally an advocate of defensive tools, but I feel like this will be really, really strong)
I thought the point of this thread was positive vibes only? The one place where we could soley focus on what we liked, and not what we disliked?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I thought the point of this thread was positive vibes only? The one place where we could soley focus on what we liked, and not what we disliked?
I'm not the first one to do it. And it's showing the disparity between the amount of things I like about the game vs the amount that I don't.

Sue me.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
A lot of things:
- The skins look awesome, specially those from Geras.
- The fact that you can customize not only the way your fav char looks but how he plays (special moves) also is great.
- 17 arenas is just perfect.
- Shaoh Kahn being playable.
- Gameplay wise I like that the supers are no longer attached to the meter.

Now just increase de walk speed, improve the dashes, get rid of the frog jumps and make them less floaty and I'm good to go.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
How long have you played NRS games?
It won't be long before you do most combos with ease, you just need to practice.

Also, welcome!
Thank you!

And I've been following fighting games for a very long time now. So in a way I'm more of a theorycrafter, than a practician. I rather watched tournaments, streams and read about stuff than trying to git gud myself. So I never developed any fundamentals, no matter how basics they were.

I started in Injustice 1 and wanted to use that game as my entry into fighting games. With Nightwing being in my top 3 favorite DC characters I picked him up, but his stance cancels were overwhelming for me as a beginner. So I rather played Deathstroke and Doomsday and spammed Low Gunshots and EX Shoulder 24/7.
I didn't own a PS4 for the majority of MKX'es and Injustice 2'es life, so I won't even count these games.

In MK11, if either Smoke / Noob Saibot / Rain make it into the game, I'm going in hard on them, no matter how execution heavy and otherwise complicated they are. In a way I even hope it and I'll force myself to play them, instead of doing what most beginners do: spamming Special Attacks.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I enjoy playing MKX until people start running and I start getting shmixed into death.

I enjoy playing Injustice 2 until I'm inching my way in on X character in fear that at any point they can just say I don't wanna play neuch anymore and I lose 20-40% because I got caught not blocking during the 0.1 seconds I let go of block to move forward. Or until I start getting shmixed into death.

You tryna tell me MK11 has no run, less ungabunga shmix, less fuck-neutral tools and a solution to the shitty input buffers at that? Breh

- I already have all characters that I wanted to main in the roster
- Some redesigns are really good, especially Skarlet's
- CUSTOMIZATION !!! (I really hope there will be customization loadouts like in I2 tho)
- The story mode looks great (Scam Fighter and ShameCalibur, take notes please)
- The new mechanics are very interesting
- Graphics look good !
- The stages are very good so far
- The music is great

Dislikes :
- Geras looks too generic. Netherrealm gave us awesome new characters for MKX (maybe except Jacqui and Kung Jin), here I am disappointed. I expect better for the next newcomers (but I trust Netherrealm for this)
- Only 25 starting characters
- Day One DLC

Things I'd like to see :
- Loadouts for customizations
- Extra practice features

And that's probably a good start