What's new

Tell me what you like about MK11

With the amount of complaints already day -95 I would like to have one thread with positive vibes only.
Share some of the things you like about the game judging by what we have been shown so far.

Some of the things that I think seem nice are:

Low crushing short hops
Anti airs look pretty decent
Skarlet and Geras seem fun
Armoured moves seem pretty much non-exsistent
Universal wake-ups
Flawless blocking
The colour scheme

Theres probably a lot of things that i've missed so refresh my memory!

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I like that they brought back Baraka.
I like that they found a way to use x-rays/fatal blows that wasn't tied to meter.
But most of all.
I like that Tom Brady likes that clone is gone.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I like so far:

*Baraka (and Cage) back. Hopefully Kenshi too.
*No run button that invalidates footsies.
*Krushing blow mechanic.
*Slow pace in contrast to mkx crazyness.
*Toned down 50/50s.
*Zoning potentially becoming viable again.
*Wakeup system seems interesting.

I don't like so far or have doubts about it:

*Single hitting armors removed.
*No njp popup.
*No invincible backdash.
*Meterless combos appear to be short.

Agilaz

It has begun
It's not unga MKX bunga. I like the slower pace and deeper mechanics. Also, good riddance run.

Roster is looking good so far, in terms of confirmed and soft confirmed characters.

Most of all, especially right now, I like how many "top tier" online players are freaking out over the fact they won't be able to just roll their face on their pad in MK11 and do well

EDIT: This is more curiosity than anything, but I'm really curious to see how many people will flock to Kung Lao now that the new mechanics pretty kill most of what made him threatening in MKX. Lemme see you, Lao mains

Last edited:

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
In no particular order:

> Slightly slower gameplay - some people hate it but I love it. It's more realistic and allows much, much better animations
> The facial animations, man, the animations!
> I know I'm probably alone, but I do like how new Cassie looks. Those freckles! I think she's prettier and more realistic than her MKX self
> The new graphics engine is brighter and better than the CGI trailer
> The refined Gear system
> Intro/outro selection
> We can name our own variations? Whoa, already got some wild ideas
> The arenas look more interesting than MKX and we've seen only half of them
> More arenas than MKX, thank you God! But the green fog in the Netherrealm palace needs to go. So ugly and distracting...
> The attention to details - see my topic about one of the stages.
> Music is WAY BETTER than MKX. Bravo to the people involved!
> Brutalities return
> Fatalities with Injustice style presentation. The camera angles are better than ever
> The new selection screen is pure awesomeness. The oriental parts of its music should start sooner tho
> I'm not gonna use Geras, not my type of character, but I really like him. Whoever voices him, also did a wonderful job
> Less new characters is more
> Kitana, my sweet and deadly princess-turned-queen is baaaack!

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I like mostly everything about it,it really seems MK11 gameplay has been really thought out well. People who dislike it act as if mk stays exactly the same with new iteration. No more mindles 50/50s, NJPs,armor and getting in so easily.

What I dont like is the music seems so wack again. Just
listen to that Special Forces Desert stage,what the fuk is even going on with that track?? Its super bizzare and it makes me crave for those hip hops beats from the gameplay reveal.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
- slower pace comparing with the previous MK games; now people will have to work more to win matches
- UE 4 been used this time , giving MK 11 great graphics; fatalities seems much more realistic and brutal this time
- loved the new mechanics; props to NRS and Ed Boon trying to update the game with something new and not sticking in the past in the comfort zone !
- Skarlet returning in a MK game ! Thank God for that !
- the color pallete seems amazing, much more live and bright than MKX
- customization feature, giving a lot of options to us to change a character looks every time we get bored with, rsrsrs
-brutalities to come back .... loved this mechanic since MKX, so, they are always welcome !
-bringing Baraka back and giving him a new updated savage look, making him menacing and cruel, so, he will be respected this time, hehe

the game seems so incredible cool and fun that we could spend all day long writing about it ! :D

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Don't listen to any day -90 hate. Really, it doesn't get more stupid than that. Game looks like a massive upgrade over MKX. With that being said, my likes (or loves) are-

-No more run button. No need to elaborate further here. Despised it.
-The supposed "slower pace" is a godsend to me. Allows players to outthink their opponent. Leading me to--
-A callback to a more neutral heavy gameplay. Spacing, pokes, mind games. Less MKX offense.
-The combo system change. Still casual friendly but tailored to higher level players as well.
-The meter changes and regeneration of meter. Incredible change here.
-Structure changes behind gear/additional moves.
-Roster. I thought MKX had the worst roster in the NRS series, and MK11 already has gotten off to a good start. If even half of the rumors are true the roster will be much better.

The sun is on the horizon for MK11.

Who's Tom Brady? A pro player?

It's not the first time I see his name mentioned in MK-related posts and videos.
I know I am getting old when people don't know who Tom Brady is lol.

He's an OG MK player that has been playing since the old games. Used to be a top player, and still is very good in general when games come out. Once of the smartest minds for the game, and one of the best tech knowledge distributors.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I like the fact that i don't have to run away from people eager to get first hit bonus.
I like that i control my own meter regardless of the opponent decides to break away from my punishes.
I like the fact that i can flawless block predictable players and change the outcome
I like the fact that doesn't seem to have half-screen normals
The Walkspeeds are actually decent
I love that Skarlet is has finally returned.
Running is gone
Krushing blows are fun as hell as it seems, can't wait to find out more.
I like that the stance switch button has more utility now
Universal Wakeup system
Better Anti-airs and pace control
The return of footsies
I like that you liked the game
The color scheme is pretty beautiful
Animations seems spot on
The music is spot on
I like the fact that Baraka seems pretty intimidating this time around
Glad there is basicaly no armor in the game
Happy that meterburned and Enhanced were changed to amplify
Like the fact that amplify is different from every move
Dash blocking
Skarlet voice is mesmerizing
Some characters say some savage things (Sub-Zero roasts everyone)

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
  • Skarlet is back
  • Everything about the new meter system
  • More focus on up-close fights and footsies
  • Less mindless 50/50 reliance
  • No run
  • Armor seems nonexistent
  • Less focus on juggling, but long combos still possible (see K&M do a 2-bar 15-hit combo with Scorpion, and 9-hit meterless with Sub-Zero)
  • NJP bouncing is gone
  • No rewards for zoning (such as free meter building)
  • All moves unlocked from the start for custom variations
  • Visual customization options
  • Selectable intros and win poses
  • No leveling or gear stats
  • Gear augments are for single-player
  • Fatal Blows are much cooler than x-ray moves
  • Crushing Blows are actually pretty cool though
  • Slow-mo freeze frames for win poses and fatalities... so badass
  • Geras shows just how fantastic a new character can be
  • Ice clone is gone
Dislikes:
  • Skarlet’s hair
  • Backwards announcing, “FATALITY!!..... Scorpion Wins”
I’d say that’s a pretty damn good ratio.

Last edited:
• Shao Kahn's return (esp. as a notorious, low-to-intermediate level "broken" pre-order DLC )
• Flawless Block and Counter / a new defensive tool
• Krushing Blows / better-incorporated cinematic effects
• Less Cirque de Juggle heavy gameplay
• The suite of gameplay changes (meters, FB's, hops, combo escapes etc.)
• Potentially better "Variations" system
• Better dress-ups than IJ2

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
nothing so far (sry). Luckily game is confirmed to be in alpha so i can still have hope

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Might have missed info about this. Can u explain what stance switch do in MK11? It always was like... the most useless feature in the series.
Used to wakeup roll
Some characters have specific stances which can be accessed if you hold the stance button, so far we've seen Scorpion, in Paulo's enterview he said Skarlet also has one, so maybe its something we will see across some chars.