What's new

Tekken Revolution general discussion

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I never used it in Tag 2. God Julia was dam good in Tekken 6 but in tag 2 they messed her up that bad.

I dont care the command roll. One reason why I never really got on tag 2. But I wana play you in tag 2!

Wind Roll frames got worse in ttt2 from t6, so its kinda hard to use without godly confirms or a shit load of conditioning first, and im pretty sure she lost the launch on her wind roll 2,1 and maybe her fc launcher got nerfed. Still, ISW and her f3 roll are kinda good to have, though most of her Jaycee additional moves are unsafe or just plain shitty.

Im on PSN but not for about a month, im moving house !

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Wind Roll frames got worse in ttt2 from t6, so its kinda hard to use without godly confirms or a shit load of conditioning first, and im pretty sure she lost the launch on her wind roll 2,1 and maybe her fc launcher got nerfed. Still, ISW and her f3 roll are kinda good to have, though most of her Jaycee additional moves are unsafe or just plain shitty.

Im on PSN but not for about a month, im moving house !
ff 3+4. most pointless Jaycee addition. I miss Julias 1+4, her old df 3+4, magic 4, all sorts. also the old mad axe animation..... Where you moving too dude?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Closer to city as i live on a farm atm. Julia in t6 was really good, shame they felt "Jaycee" was the way to go with her. Though i do like her hurricanerana grab and the DDT, they are kinda good, you just dont get any oki from her shit now :(

PunkMafia83

Closer to city as i live on a farm atm. Julia in t6 was really good, shame they felt "Jaycee" was the way to go with her. Though i do like her hurricanerana grab and the DDT, they are kinda good, you just dont get any oki from her shit now :(
As A julia player from T6 I was in 2 minds with her look and her moves.... Why the hell did they feel it was a good idea to remove most of her good tools... its not like you could not side step her or anything. I did kinda like Michelle in tag 2 because I got 1 + 4 back but thats it. I wonder what the next full tekken game would be like.....

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
As A julia player from T6 I was in 2 minds with her look and her moves.... Why the hell did they feel it was a good idea to remove most of her good tools... its not like you could not side step her or anything. I did kinda like Michelle in tag 2 because I got 1 + 4 back but thats it. I wonder what the next full tekken game would be like.....

Because michelle came back and the JC story was a way to freshen up a clone character i guess. I cant play T6 for shit, i never put the effort in but i have always been a fan. When i learned most of the shit i do with Jaycee now i got alot of it from T6 setups and videos so it was a shame to see how much got scrapped.

Shes still solid because shes quick and has decent movement, but didnt really feel too strong in ttt2 compared to some of the other guys.

PunkMafia83

Because michelle came back and the JC story was a way to freshen up a clone character i guess. I cant play T6 for shit, i never put the effort in but i have always been a fan. When i learned most of the shit i do with Jaycee now i got alot of it from T6 setups and videos so it was a shame to see how much got scrapped.

Shes still solid because shes quick and has decent movement, but didnt really feel too strong in ttt2 compared to some of the other guys.
Unleast you can understand my point of view when I say to my friends "what in the hell do I do about Mishimas in Tag2"

I still dont have the answers.....Shame. But yeah defo download revolution it wont take long for you to learn....

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Unleast you can understand my point of view when I say to my friends "what in the hell do I do about Mishimas in Tag2"

I still dont have the answers.....Shame. But yeah defo download revolution it wont take long for you to learn....

I cant help with matchups tbh, i know that Mishimas suck particularly, and as far as decent Bob and Miguels who play patient and just poke you all day, i cant deal with that as Jaycee. She doesnt have many particularly strong low pokes either, well not ones that you should be majorly scared of ... so its grabs all day, and if your IWR isnt instant enough well say goodbye to that mixup...

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Thought I'd have a quick nosey and am liking it so far. £4.49 or something to add effects to moves though! Guess it is FTP so can't complain.

I still own tt2, any real reason to play this over that? I kind of prefer it without tag I must admit.

Thought I'd have a quick nosey and am liking it so far. £4.49 or something to add effects to moves though! Guess it is FTP so can't complain.

I still own tt2, any real reason to play this over that? I kind of prefer it without tag I must admit.
Tekken Revolution is that game you play if you have spare time to play something. No tags and bounds.

So far in TTT2 I'm not doing so bad 6-0 already o.o

Tekken Revolution is that game you play if you have spare time to play something. No tags and bounds.

So far in TTT2 I'm now doing so bad 6-0 already o.o
Tekken is pretty tough to get into. Mainly, just the amount of knowledge when it comes to matches, combos, and all the other variables can become overwhelming. I still play it though, even though I get bodied pretty bad, I like the challenge. :D

Tekken is pretty tough to get into. Mainly, just the amount of knowledge when it comes to matches, combos, and all the other variables can become overwhelming. I still play it though, even though I get bodied pretty bad, I like the challenge. :D
Lol, I meant "I'm not doing so bad" messed up on spelling. Tekken is really fun.

PunkMafia83

hey man hope you are doing well. I got inspired to put the tag 2 disc in today. I ended up playing solo lili just because that's who I pick in revolution. I feel like a bit of a scumbag but I had a great time.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Now learned to properly wave dash with Heihachi in TTT2. Gotta get some strategies and mix ups now. But Korean backdash is pretty hard.
Check out my post from the TTT2 thread here on TYM. I recall giving away a lot of frames and a few setups as well as a link to The Main man's Hei guide on Youtube. Heihachi is the best Mishima to start learning Mishimas with IMO, because he has a lot of useful moves and the best pokes and offensive tools of the 3 and he can be played effectively without electrics to a certain point. His versatile movelist also allows you to play the game in any way you want, you don't have to turtle as much as you would with the other Mishimas, Kaz in particular.

Check out my post from the TTT2 thread here on TYM. I recall giving away a lot of frames and a few setups as well as a link to The Main man's Hei guide on Youtube. Heihachi is the best Mishima to start learning Mishimas with IMO, because he has a lot of useful moves and the best pokes and offensive tools of the 3 and he can be played effectively without electrics to a certain point. His versatile movelist also allows you to play the game in any way you want, you don't have to turtle as much as you would with the other Mishimas, Kaz in particular.
Thank you. And plus I like Heihachi over the other Mishimas like Kazuya, Jin, D.Jin, Jinpachi, and the other guys like Lee, Lars, etc. He feels the most natural and best IMO, the damage is amazing. Now I'm looking for someone to pair him with.

PunkMafia83

Thank you. And plus I like Heihachi over the other Mishimas like Kazuya, Jin, D.Jin, Jinpachi, and the other guys like Lee, Lars, etc. He feels the most natural and best IMO, the damage is amazing. Now I'm looking for someone to pair him with.
A Mishima with that db 2. Probably one of the best lows in all of tekkens.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
DVJ's db2 is better because it is not launch punishable, slightly less dmg, but the hit advantage frames are the same. Lars' db4 has similar properties, but it launches on CH. Although it is tempting, abusing lows is not the way to play Heihachi since all his lows are launch punishable apart from the second low in his hellsweep series. The best offence with Hei is to check people with his faster recovering mids (f3, b2, 1-b2, df1, df1-1, demon breath cancels, all anywhere from -1 to -4 on block) and look to sidestep/sidewalk-EWGF their counterpokes or Raijin stance parry-2,1 punches, especially if u can get a wallsplat and u make the read that your opponent is going to mash jabs or df1's as counterpokes. Starting your offence with the poke'n'step way has the least risk/most reward. Hei is a very safe character when played correctly and you should start taking risks only if u have to or u are looking to annoy/condition your opponent into doing something you want him to.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

cyke_out

Noob
Downloaded the game this weekend. I played a lot of 3, 5 and 6, haven't gotten much time with TTT2, but I'm really enjoying TR. I mained Paul in 3, and then Bruce and Miguel in 5 and 6 respectively, so it's back to to Paul for TR. The Invunerable moves aren't so bad coming from a SF background. I'm used to baiting DP's, stopping my block string early in case they are mashing, or not following through with a frame trap on block, and then punish with full combo, so it's the same principle in TR. It definately feels like a weird merging of SF and TK.

PunkMafia83

DVJ's db2 is better because it is not launch punishable, slightly less dmg, but the hit advantage frames are the same. Lars' db4 has similar properties, but it launches on CH. Although it is tempting, abusing lows is not the way to play Heihachi since all his lows are launch punishable apart from the second low in his hellsweep series. The best offence with Hei is to check people with his faster recovering mids (f3, b2, 1-b2, df1, df1-1, demon breath cancels, all anywhere from -1 to -4 on block) and look to sidestep/sidewalk-EWGF their counterpokes or Raijin stance parry-2,1 punches, especially if u can get a wallsplat and u make the read that your opponent is going to mash jabs or df1's as counterpokes. Starting your offence with the poke'n'step way has the least risk/most reward. Hei is a very safe character when played correctly and you should start taking risks only if u have to or u are looking to annoy/condition your opponent into doing something you want him to.
How many frames is heis db 2 on start up?

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
http://rbnorway.org/ttt2-frame-data/ Hei's db2 is 23 frames on start-up.

Paul works fine with Heihachi. Use Paul's fF3-4-4 as a TA filler (the mid-mid-high) version. Hei's best TA enders are Raijin stance 2-1, uf3-4 and cd3. At the wall I use Hei's b3,3 as both the filler and the ender, although u can use 1-b2-4/1. With Hei filling midscreen, cd4-4-1 into Paul's qcf2 should work just fine.