What's new

Tekken Revolution general discussion

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Top Rank now. But I have shot myself in the foot. I am a saviour ranked Lili less then level 40. Everyone I fight is destroyer plus ranked who has won a couple hundred more matches then me. Hence they have more skill points. Hence I am getting blown up. Ok now this is unbalanced.

Top Rank now. But I have shot myself in the foot. I am a saviour ranked Lili less then level 40. Everyone I fight is destroyer plus ranked who has won a couple hundred more matches then me. Hence they have more skill points. Hence I am getting blown up. Ok now this is unbalanced.
Lost all your tickets?

I got 3 spare tickets actualy. but its getting hella frustrating. Might wait when I have levelled up a bit.
I've been keeping off of TR for a bit. Ever since Zatanna dropped ;_;. Seriously considering purchasing TTT2 for 20-30$ range, I honestly don't care if I get bounded to the wall and get owned. Might as well pick it up since I like this series.

You still play it?

PunkMafia83

I've been keeping off of TR for a bit. Ever since Zatanna dropped ;_;. Seriously considering purchasing TTT2 for 20-30$ range, I honestly don't care if I get bounded to the wall and get owned. Might as well pick it up since I like this series.

You still play it?
I have it sat on my shelf gathering dust but I am tempted to pair Lili up with a few other characters and see how it works!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If this really is a first run type thing for Tekken x SF .... I am literally drooling at the thought of putting Gief and King on the same team.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
If this really is a first run type thing for Tekken x SF .... I am literally drooling at the thought of putting Gief and King on the same team.
Is it confirmed that Tekken x SF will be tag team? Cause I hope so.

Though I'm worried that my mains (Leo/Drag) won't make the cut since they weren't in SFxT.

Is it confirmed that Tekken x SF will be tag team? Cause I hope so.

Though I'm worried that my mains (Leo/Drag) won't make the cut since they weren't in SFxT.
Yea, heard it was going to have a tag syestem. Fireballs are probably going to be the easiest things to evade.. SF juggles are going to look insane tho o.o

Capcom players are also going to complain they can't hit a EWGF because they have to hit neutral.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Yea, heard it was going to have a tag syestem. Fireballs are probably going to be the easiest things to evade.. SF juggles are going to look insane tho o.o
That's awesome news. I'll have to figure out which SF character to put on my team if one or both of my mains don't make it.

I suppose, worse case scenario, that I'll fall back on Lars if Leo doesn't make it in. I'm just hoping they don't have those invincible moves in TxSF. Really not a fan of them.

That's awesome news. I'll have to figure out which SF character to put on my team if one or both of my mains don't make it.

I suppose, worse case scenario, that I'll fall back on Lars if Leo doesn't make it in. I'm just hoping they don't have those invincible moves in TxSF. Really not a fan of them.
I will defiantly check out Chun-Li, mained her in SF4. I like Leo and Asuka in TR. Xiaoyu is pretty cool, and so is Jin. I feel TR is a testing ground for TxSF and to help your fundamentals for TTT2. Invincibles need to go tho.

I seriously think people are going to complain about the EWGF motion for the SF cast. Someone is going to rant about it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I will defiantly check out Chun-Li, mained her in SF4. I like Leo and Asuka in TR. Xiaoyu is pretty cool, and so is Jin. I feel TR is a testing ground for TxSF and to help your fundamentals for TTT2. Invincibles need to go tho.

I seriously think people are going to complain about the EWGF motion for the SF cast. Someone is going to rant about it.
Invisible moves were part of SF tho.... so yeah.
They added wavedashing in "their" version... I expect the invicibles to stay.

PunkMafia83

You should try to give it another chance. What characters are you thinking of pairing Lili with?
Well I know Changs really well. So might do that. I get Dragunov in Revoultion last night and I was tinkering with him. Running 2 counterhit is just plain amusing... maybe tinker with him and Lili.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
PunkMafia83 you seem to be having a good time with this; Can you unlock Lee/Vio , Wang or Chang/JC in TR? If so i should probably get it, im just turned off by having to play king or something >.<

PunkMafia83

PunkMafia83 you seem to be having a good time with this; Can you unlock Lee/Vio , Wang or Chang/JC in TR? If so i should probably get it, im just turned off by having to play king or something >.<
I am afraid to say so far no changs or lee violets are in rev yet. I am hoping a chang makes it in at some point as I having been using changs since BR. No wang either yet. Off the top of my head characters that are in Rev are:
Kazuya
Jin
Paul
Law
Alisa
Lili
Jack 6
King
Lars

Unlockables are

Hwoarrang
Dragunov (I am trying to learn this dude, its tuff)
Xiayou
Devil Jin
Leo
Bryan

I may have missed some But I would welcome Changs.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I am afraid to say so far no changs or lee violets are in rev yet. I am hoping a chang makes it in at some point as I having been using changs since BR. No wang either yet. Off the top of my head characters that are in Rev are:
Kazuya
Jin
Paul
Law
Alisa
Lili
Jack 6
King
Lars

Unlockables are

Hwoarrang
Dragunov (I am trying to learn this dude, its tuff)
Xiayou
Devil Jin
Leo
Bryan

I may have missed some But I would welcome Changs.

Im guessing alisa is pretty bland without her bounds, no b3+4 3+4 combo, and her hopkick is a 2 hit bound. Can you still pick up after bound moves or are they techable knockdowns now or something?

Also her backdash nerf in tag 2 from t6 really made her a pain to use.

PunkMafia83

Im guessing alisa is pretty bland without her bounds, no b3+4 3+4 combo, and her hopkick is a 2 hit bound. Can you still pick up after bound moves or are they techable knockdowns now or something?

Also her backdash nerf in tag 2 from t6 really made her a pain to use.
Because of the bound being removed yeah combos are not as long and drawn out. You can do as much with the wall because of the bound being gone. I have not looked at Alisas combos in this I will see what I can come up with. With Lili I go for a lot of oki after my combos I try to leave myself in a good situation. I think this game is more about oki rather then combos......

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Because of the bound being removed yeah combos are not as long and drawn out. You can do as much with the wall because of the bound being gone. I have not looked at Alisas combos in this I will see what I can come up with. With Lili I go for a lot of oki after my combos I try to leave myself in a good situation. I think this game is more about oki rather then combos......

Alisa is like my 4th character, and shes more of a zoning character with her db3 and df4 but her backdash from T6 kinda defined this playstyle, so she took a hit when TTT2 nerfed it. I dont really focus much on combos anyway and more about setting up launchers/CH's and moving to force mistakes, but its nice to know when you land that hit you can get a decent juggle, especially when you have Steve, DJ, Bryan and the likes in there.

I main JC/Wang in TTT2 and my alt team is lee/violet or lee/alisa, so its kinda annoying to see they havent put any of my guys in there yet :p

PunkMafia83

Alisa is like my 4th character, and shes more of a zoning character with her db3 and df4 but her backdash from T6 kinda defined this playstyle, so she took a hit when TTT2 nerfed it. I dont really focus much on combos anyway and more about setting up launchers/CH's and moving to force mistakes, but its nice to know when you land that hit you can get a decent juggle, especially when you have Steve, DJ, Bryan and the likes in there.

I main JC/Wang in TTT2 and my alt team is lee/violet or lee/alisa, so its kinda annoying to see they havent put any of my guys in there yet :p
I would't mind that chang magic 4 back for sure....

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I would't mind that chang magic 4 back for sure....

Pretty sure magic 4 isnt magic in TTT2 as its punishable on block. though i think 44 and shit can deter people from mashing punishers, its still not nearly as good as the original magic 4 which is near on broken.

EDIT; yeah its definitely -12 at least now.

PunkMafia83

Pretty sure magic 4 isnt magic in TTT2 as its punishable on block. though i think 44 and shit can deter people from mashing punishers, its still not nearly as good as the original magic 4 which is near on broken.

EDIT; yeah its definitely -12 at least now.
I never used it in Tag 2. God Julia was dam good in Tekken 6 but in tag 2 they messed her up that bad.

I dont care the command roll. One reason why I never really got on tag 2. But I wana play you in tag 2!