What's new

Tekken Revolution general discussion

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
The whole power endurance vigor is interesting. I like you can still win without it but it does not inbalance the game

tataki

Noob
The whole power endurance vigor is interesting. I like you can still win without it but it does not inbalance the game

200 power = 150% damage
200 vitality = 160% life bar

If a 200/200/0 character fights against a 0/0/0 character, the 2nd dude has to play literally 2.4 times better to get an equal result.

Luckily they added an option to disable stats in player matches.

PunkMafia83

200 power = 150% damage
200 vitality = 160% life bar

If a 200/200/0 character fights against a 0/0/0 character, the 2nd dude has to play literally 2.4 times better to get an equal result.

Luckily they added an option to disable stats in player matches.
True. I played a Jack player earlier who maxed out his power stat. I still won. A bad player with a big wallet is still a bad player.

Forgot to mention With the edition of practice mode you can now unlock Hwoarang and Dragunov. They made costumes but you purchase them, make your attacks look cooler but you purchase them, and you can reasign your stats but you have to purchase them.

Pretty sure they're 99 cents.

Practice mode is the greatest part of the game for me now, I can actually learn combos and stop frauding wins.

Who did you guys unlock? So far I have Jin and Alisa. Always wanted Leo instead -_-.

PunkMafia83

Forgot to mention With the edition of practice mode you can now unlock Hwoarang and Dragunov. They made costumes but you purchase them, make your attacks look cooler but you purchase them, and you can reasign your stats but you have to purchase them.

Pretty sure they're 99 cents.

Practice mode is the greatest part of the game for me now, I can actually learn combos and stop frauding wins.

Who did you guys unlock? So far I have Jin and Alisa. Always wanted Leo instead -_-.
I got Jin today. I also have alisa and Leo. Want me that dragunov but my lili is kinda strong right now. I don't think people know the match up that well maybe?

Injustice is easy to pick up. What character you using in tekken. I can right you am essay on lili if you like.
I started with Kazuya and know a little with him, now I want to play Asuka. I get destroyed. I have no clue what to do in almost every situation.

Tell me about Lili if you like xD

PunkMafia83

I started with Kazuya and know a little with him, now I want to play Asuka. I get destroyed. I have no clue what to do in almost every situation.

Tell me about Lili if you like xD
Ok thing with Asoka is that she kinda can only punish with jabs up to I think 14 or 15 frames. Lilis pretty good. Ok I will start of with basics I don't know what level you spare at. Ok. So when I say numbers 1 2 3 4 I are referring to an individual inputs on the pad. 1 is left punch. 2 is right punch. 3 is left kick. 4 is right kick. Lesson one. In the training room practice moving up the screen and down the down the screen. Never keep your back near a wall. Also lili has a crouch dash and back flip. In the move list it is called dw glide but on the d pad it is down down forward forward. And backflip is up up back back. Practice rolling you thumb in this motions. Now onto moves. Punishing quick moves on block with 1 +2 is important. It grants a knock down which sets up her df 3+4 game. Also as a combo starter lili has a good hopkick with uf +3. This is a basic launcher. After landing uf3 for a basic combo do f2 3, df 3+4 1+2. Her best tracking move is f+3. It's range is bad. Another couple of things is simply fishing for standing 3 then hot confirming into 1 which then sets up more flip options into her back turned guessing games. Also throwing. Her unique throw is df 1+2 which is good because its hard to see coming. She does not move forward when the move is pressed. Have a look at those with lili. I have more punishment tools with lili bit that's a few things I like about this character. She's risky but her range on certain moves is kinda nuts if you can space out correctly. Also I would not stick to kamiya for the time being. He's the best but hard to use. Stick to lili, lars, law and Paul for easy use use characters if you are new. Any questions or if you want to talk more please add me on psn and we can talk more about lili. What I have said is very brief.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I thought no one was talking about this game for some reason, while I was silently loving it... I downloaded it day one, and 100%ed the trophies real quick, using King only.
Did they really add training mode?
That's hype.
I kind of want to thank them, by giving them money.. which I've never done for a Tekken game before.
This game brought me into the series for sure though.. Tekken X Street Fighter, when it comes out next gen, will be a day one buy.
The Mastering of ranges- the making of predictions of your opponent... an actual dodging system.. a game about footsies, unless your opponent is Kazuya.

Ok thing with Asoka is that she kinda can only punish with jabs up to I think 14 or 15 frames. Lilis pretty good. Ok I will start of with basics I don't know what level you spare at. Ok. So when I say numbers 1 2 3 4 I are referring to an individual inputs on the pad. 1 is left punch. 2 is right punch. 3 is left kick. 4 is right kick. Lesson one. In the training room practice moving up the screen and down the down the screen. Never keep your back near a wall. Also lili has a crouch dash and back flip. In the move list it is called dw glide but on the d pad it is down down forward forward. And backflip is up up back back. Practice rolling you thumb in this motions. Now onto moves. Punishing quick moves on block with 1 +2 is important. It grants a knock down which sets up her df 3+4 game. Also as a combo starter lili has a good hopkick with uf +3. This is a basic launcher. After landing uf3 for a basic combo do f2 3, df 3+4 1+2. Her best tracking move is f+3. It's range is bad. Another couple of things is simply fishing for standing 3 then hot confirming into 1 which then sets up more flip options into her back turned guessing games. Also throwing. Her unique throw is df 1+2 which is good because its hard to see coming. She does not move forward when the move is pressed. Have a look at those with lili. I have more punishment tools with lili bit that's a few things I like about this character. She's risky but her range on certain moves is kinda nuts if you can space out correctly. Also I would not stick to kamiya for the time being. He's the best but hard to use. Stick to lili, lars, law and Paul for easy use use characters if you are new. Any questions or if you want to talk more please add me on psn and we can talk more about lili. What I have said is very brief.
I'll send you one, hopefully we can play :)

(I know 1,2,3,4 commands, I just don't know what moves I should be doing when I attack, getting attacked, movement, parries, etc.)

PunkMafia83

I thought no one was talking about this game for some reason, while I was silently loving it... I downloaded it day one, and 100%ed the trophies real quick, using King only.
Did they really add training mode?
That's hype.
I kind of want to thank them, by giving them money.. which I've never done for a Tekken game before.
This game brought me into the series for sure though.. Tekken X Street Fighter, when it comes out next gen, will be a day one buy.
The Mastering of ranges- the making of predictions of your opponent... an actual dodging system.. a game about footsies, unless your opponent is Kazuya.
For anti footsies and button pressing. L aw all day lol

PunkMafia83

I'll send you one, hopefully we can play :)

(I know 1,2,3,4 commands, I just don't know what moves I should be doing when I attack, getting attacked, movement, parries, etc.)
I suggest maybe watching a few vids on the YouTube. A lili player would be Kane to watch. It's important in tekken to learn a few things at a time and not get to bogged by the fact you don't know everything. I don't.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
I first played Tekken since Tekken 5 DR though I got owned everytime so I was discouraged then got Tekken 6 and same thing afterwards. Tekken Revolution seems more noob friendly for someone like me who is new to Tekken. So far I like playing Law and he is really fun to use and Asuka, and Lili. Kazuya also one of my favorites but EWGF is just scary. Think I might break my hand trying to attempt it haha. I got the iWS stuff down at least. Think everyone should learn this who new to Tekken.

Also anyone know the BnB combos for Law, Asuka, Lili, and Kazuya? Would appreciate someone who a bit knowledgeable on Tekken to help a Tekken newbie like myself with a lot of stuff and the BnB combos.

PunkMafia83

I first played Tekken since Tekken 5 DR though I got owned everytime so I was discouraged then got Tekken 6 and same thing afterwards. Tekken Revolution seems more noob friendly for someone like me who is new to Tekken. So far I like playing Law and he is really fun to use and Asuka, and Lili. Kazuya also one of my favorites but EWGF is just scary. Think I might break my hand trying to attempt it haha. I got the iWS stuff down at least. Think everyone should learn this who new to Tekken.

Also anyone know the BnB combos for Law, Asuka, Lili, and Kazuya? Would appreciate someone who a bit knowledgeable on Tekken to help a Tekken newbie like myself with a lot of stuff and the BnB combos.
I can give you lilis. I do off of a df2 or a uf3 or d3+4 then f2 3 then df 3+4 3+4. Then you can play around with her back turned koi for more guessing games.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
I can give you lilis. I do off of a df2 or a uf3 or d3+4 then f2 3 then df 3+4 3+4. Then you can play around with her back turned koi for more guessing games.

To be honest her style does not fit me well at all for some reason. Im more successful with Asuka. Probably my best atm along with Marshall Law. Do you know them well?

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I tried this game for a few arcade runs when it came out, I haven't played any player matches since May on TTT2 or TR though. What I definitely liked about TR was that they seemingly buffed all the mid hitboxes, loved this so much since I hate Xiaoyu and the capos with a burning passion. I mean Kazuya's f3 goes over Capo's relax stance in TTT2, fkn bs. If this is the way this franchise is going it means no more random mid crushing launchers and these bullshit characters rendering 99% of movelists useless by just simply laying on their ass or going into AOP and throwing out launchers. It might also mean that Heihachi's f3 and Bruce's b2 hit grounded... mmm (drools) :D

I might experiment with TR more if it has a training mode now, test the tracking of some moves and other stuff.

To be honest her style does not fit me well at all for some reason. Im more successful with Asuka. Probably my best atm along with Marshall Law. Do you know them well?
With Asuka you can try F2, U/F3, 21, 21 1+2. The low launcher option is D/B 4 ,3 and you can do the same combo option but you probably know that. Pokes I use is 12, 13, 23, and I'm trying to work with D/B3 and D/4. Gonna try messing around with other moves.

Trying to find me a combo that puts me in range for a [3,4] xD.

Is there crazy resets you can pull off in Tekken?