What's new

Tekken Revolution general discussion

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
For those that don't know yet, this is a PSN exclusive free download, I have no clue what the exact purpose of the game is though, there's around 8 characters based on their TTT2 incarnations, some others unlockable through requirements that aren't clear, with their moveset intact as far as I've tested, but there isn't any bounds introduced from Tekken 6.

It seems to be based on a level up, RPG-esque system, I'm not sure what to make of it or what your points distrbute towards though.

Download it and let me know what you guys think of this?

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Not much of a fan of the token system. I only get 2 tries at arcade and 5 tries online? Then I have to wait an hour? But other then that the game is actually pretty damn good. I like how characters are unlockable instead of purchase. I only have unlocked one extra, Bryan.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Not much of a fan of the token system. I only get 2 tries at arcade and 5 tries online? Then I have to wait an hour? But other then that the game is actually pretty damn good. I like how characters are unlockable instead of purchase. I only have unlocked one extra, Bryan.
That is good to hear. I am still a little iffy on that token system... I mean it would kind of kill the fun for me...

BigC

I'm great in my world.
That is good to hear. I am still a little iffy on that token system... I mean it would kind of kill the fun for me...
That and the lack of a training mode, sort of forces you to spend those tokens simply trying a character. It's a game you can play for a little bit before going on Injustice or MK or whatever. Though I will say, the netcode for the game is surprisingly very good.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
That and the lack of a training mode, sort of forces you to spend those tokens simply trying a character. It's a game you can play for a little bit before going on Injustice or MK or whatever. Though I will say, the netcode for the game is surprisingly very good.
I don't think that is too surprising. TTT2 has a great net-code. One of the best. :D

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
Keep in mind, this isn't meant to be a full-on Tekken game. If you go to other Tekken sites, you'll see people are discussing it as a possible "beta" for Tekken X Street Fighter.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I have played it a few hours today. I like the system changes. No tag system. Bound is gone. The 8 character choices are all different from each other. Throws are way easier to break. Wall combos are not as bad due to the removed bound. Each character has 2 special moves and one invincible move with crushes highs lows mods and throws so you have that get off me move now. The token system is annoying but they have to make money somehow and it's f2p. This is a perfect tekken to start. You are not scrubbed out by some random moves you have never seen before and will never see again. Your whiff punishing actually matters now not just random launcher. If they fleshed this out to be a proper download title I will certainly purchase. Reminds me of early tekkens when a high was a high and low was a low and you had to make reads not just press hop kick and do generic combo. You guys do not know how much this actually means for someone in their 30's who started with 2 and 3. Same it doesn't have my Julia but lili will suffice for now. Sorry if that post bored anyone lol.

I still dont understand why they limit how much you can play. I play 5 games and my coins run out... Am I missing something here to pay longer?

I will spit on your tomb!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I'm really liking it so far. The token system is actually fun, and it helps me not get burned out either. I just hop on the see how many tokens I have, and play until I run out. Enjoying it a lot.

Though, to be honest, I'm not really digging the new invincible moves and stat leveling. I know it's nice for new players to get an advantage, which I think is the point of the game, but max power characters are monsters. Also, I guess I'm just not used to the opponents having a way to invincibly attack through the mid range game. Still, really enjoying it, and I hope more characters become available so my friends get their mains. If this really is the beta for TxSF, I'll most certainly buy that on day 1.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This game is fun as hell lol. I play it everyday. The gameplay reminds me of T5DR, which I LOVED. I actually kinda miss bound, but at the same time, I'm used to not having bound since I've been playing Tekken since the very beginning.

Tokens are a bit annoying, but i don't mind it too much. Even if you run out of tokens, you can still play online or arcade of you have premium tickets. The tickets are actually better than the tokens imo. If you play arcade with a premium ticket, you gain more experience and gold. If you play online with a premium ticket and win, you gain a premium ticket back, whereas if you lose, you gain more experience but lose that ticket. Not a bad trade off.

I've already unlocked two characters, Steve and Brian, both of who I used in previous games. I have no idea how to unlock them but I know you have to gain a certain amount of gift points to unlock someone. Alisa and Leo are unlockable as well. I'm hoping heihachi, jinpachi and orge are hidden as well since you fight them in arcade mode.

Since its f2p, Harada already mentioned that he can update it whenever he wants. He's already hinted to more characters, a vs mode, training mode and more. I'm pretty sure more characters are coming because you see characters like Nina, Anna, Jun, kuma, and Jin after you beat arcade.

Overall, it's a good game and I will continue to play it Alot.

Edit: I LOVE the critical arts and special move. It adds a new depth to the gameplay. I'm guessing the red move is the special move right? People have been crying about it being too powerful since it's invincible and damaging, but these moves are Highly punishable on block. It's a double edge sword, very rewarding on hit but consequences on block. The critical arts are the blue ones I'm assuming. These are ridiculous lol. The damage that can occur if you get a critical hit can be absurd, especially if you are a high level. On top of that, you can still land a counter hit, with is already damaging, and still get a critical hit on top of it. Not too mention, Lili (my main) has a critical art that is a combo starter (d+b 4), so critical hit + counter hit + wall Carry combo + wall combo + oki = lol.

Just finished downloading it and I will try it out later. Hope that all the new characters that will be released in the future will be buyable with in-game currency or even better be free. If not, I'll stick with TT2. I'm only playing this game because it has the 1vs1 feature which TT2 lacked

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Just finished downloading it and I will try it out later. Hope that all the new characters that will be released in the future will be buyable with in-game currency or even better be free. If not, I'll stick with TT2. I'm only playing this game because it has the 1vs1 feature which TT2 lacked
TTT2 does have 1v1...

Aris actually loves this because it has an arcade feel to it. Beating somone and preventing them from playing...etc etc. I haven't gotten it yet, but here's the podcast one were he's describing it more in depth:

go to 17:01

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I'm digging this game. I started Tekken with TTT2, so this 1v1 stuff is easy.
I'm around level 10, just hit Brawler. And its funny because these lv27 2nd Dans call me trash and kick me when they lose lol