What's new

Tekken Revolution general discussion

Maybe bound but having combos doing less damage?
A little scaling wouldn't hurt. But not too much. I can understand wall bounds tho, it sometimes feel like you can't get out. Tag crashed help sometimes but isn't always reliable. I can see why they removed it since newer players would struggle to get off the ground, but it almost removes oki entirely.

I still feel that invincible moves cripple mix up characters like Hwoarang, he has to play the baiting game instead. They need to adjust that.

Any TR updates for anyone? Rank ups or anything?
So if the hypothetical TxSF comes out? Who would you want and like to use?

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
A little scaling wouldn't hurt. But not too much. I can understand wall bounds tho, it sometimes feel like you can't get out. Tag crashed help sometimes but isn't always reliable. I can see why they removed it since newer players would struggle to get off the ground, but it almost removes oki entirely.

I still feel that invincible moves cripple mix up characters like Hwoarang, he has to play the baiting game instead. They need to adjust that.

Any TR updates for anyone? Rank ups or anything?
So if the hypothetical TxSF comes out? Who would you want and like to use?
I dunno what the situation is with txsf but I saw a post on avoiding the puddle about namcos new arcade boars based on possible ps4 hardware. Basicaly if that's true they are making tekken 7. Going back to oki in tr I have tonnes of options. I play lili. Guess it comes down to character choices and options.

I dunno what the situation is with txsf but I saw a post on avoiding the puddle about namcos new arcade boars based on possible ps4 hardware. Basicaly if that's true they are making tekken 7. Going back to oki in tr I have tonnes of options. I play lili. Guess it comes down to character choices and options.
We still gotta play soon, I can't wait to get bopped. ;_;

I wouldn't mind a T7, I'll probably pick it up. I really truly would like to see how Harada and company deals with transitioning the SF cast into 3D characters. I doubt Dhalsim would make it with his stretching, that would be kinda cheap. Ryu doing an EWGF would be beyond sexy.

As far as TR goes, it's going great. Nothing exploitable or cheap (Lazuya and Dragon Tail/Invincible Laws are easy to blow up). I feel that endurance is the best stat, vigor is second and power is third. Anyone disagrees?

Edit- sorry if this was posted but you can now purchase specific characters you want in the next update.
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2013/8/29/tr-september-large-scale-update-coming-94-allows-you-to-purc.html

PunkMafia83

We still gotta play soon, I can't wait to get bopped. ;_;

I wouldn't mind a T7, I'll probably pick it up. I really truly would like to see how Harada and company deals with transitioning the SF cast into 3D characters. I doubt Dhalsim would make it with his stretching, that would be kinda cheap. Ryu doing an EWGF would be beyond sexy.

As far as TR goes, it's going great. Nothing exploitable or cheap (Lazuya and Dragon Tail/Invincible Laws are easy to blow up). I feel that endurance is the best stat, vigor is second and power is third. Anyone disagrees?

Edit- sorry if this was posted but you can now purchase specific characters you want in the next update.
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2013/8/29/tr-september-large-scale-update-coming-94-allows-you-to-purc.html
Dude I am ok you wont get bopped but yeah we should run a set!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I doubt there are any Leo players here, but I'm really not liking her new face change.

It looks awful, in my opinion. I liked her character design because she didn't look like all of the other rather general females. Now it's just all...girly, and stuff. Really disappointed as I think she looked fine, and was not in need of an overhaul. I mean, Lars still exists. That dude needs a new outfit as soon as possible. Oh well...I am saddened by this.

haketh

Noob
ONly problem I got with Leo is how broad her shoulders are for no reason and how much she doesn't match up with her concept art.

I doubt there are any Leo players here, but I'm really not liking her new face change.

It looks awful, in my opinion. I liked her character design because she didn't look like all of the other rather general females. Now it's just all...girly, and stuff. Really disappointed as I think she looked fine, and was not in need of an overhaul. I mean, Lars still exists. That dude needs a new outfit as soon as possible. Oh well...I am saddened by this.
I play Leo (Her and Asuka are my mains in tag 2) and I honestly couldn't give a shit if my characters looked different then before. It's like saying I'm disappointed in Yoshimitsu because he looks different in every game. I will continue to play her and put in the work.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
How balanced would you say the attributes are (power, endurance and vigor)? I saw Kazuya do 72 damage off a back grab, and he had 93 invested into power.

@ 3:15

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
And? You can up your attributes 2 you know!

What I mean is, if one player put 100 into power and another put 100 into endurance, would it be an equal fight? Is each point of endurance give you life equal to the boost in damage from a point of power?

PunkMafia83

What I mean is, if one player put 100 into power and another put 100 into endurance, would it be an equal fight? Is each point of endurance give you life equal to the boost in damage from a point of power?
I do not know the math but I know I have a lot of points in endurance and it does not equate to much...

Blocking is king in theis game lol

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
It's ifne, but there should be easier ways to play with and without them.
I disagree I once saw a Jack player with 196 power he did two hits for 102 damage without rage, I really don't think that's balenced especially when playing Ranked where you constantly come across scrubs. If you're interested in ranking up you can't remove stats, only in player match but that's better than nothing I suppose.

How balanced would you say the attributes are (power, endurance and vigor)? I saw Kazuya do 72 damage off a back grab, and he had 93 invested into power.

@ 3:15
I know it's a late response, but power was nerfed. Stats should only be left in player matches. I don't think Namco properly thought that one through.

It's best to put your points into endurance. If you're Jin or Kazuya, use vigor instead.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I know it's a late response, but power was nerfed. Stats should only be left in player matches. I don't think Namco properly thought that one through.

It's best to put your points into endurance. If you're Jin or Kazuya, use vigor instead.
In that video, could you tell me what some of these things are?

0:25 - Kazuya glows red
1:00 - Marshall glows blue when he does his DF, D, DF 3 from crouch
2:47 - Marshall glows red when he does his F, F 3

I checked Tekken Wiki and the official Tekken Revolution website, but I don't know what those glowing properties mean.

In that video, could you tell me what some of these things are?

0:25 - Kazuya glows red
1:00 - Marshall glows blue when he does his DF, D, DF 3 from crouch
2:47 - Marshall glows red when he does his F, F 3

I checked Tekken Wiki and the official Tekken Revolution website, but I don't know what those glowing properties mean.
0:25 and 2:47 are mid, and crushes everything "critical hits". They're super punishable on block, and leaves you full combo punishable. A lot of newer players will resort to this, but it's easy to blow up. It also blows up button mashers.

1:00 are basically your special attacks. I believe they're sligtly faster, and can be blocked like their attacks in TTT2. Again, just better properties, but not 100% sure.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It looks like they basically added some "flair" to the unique attacks and special moves for each character

I like it.

I'll probably be playing this some now. Looks fun. Prepare for the Rolling Death Cradle. Yes I can do it. Yes I go nuts on the mic when I do it. Yes you better break it.

haketh

Noob
Find it a tad easier to hit electrics in Rev, do like how useful it is as a stepping stone to get used to Tekken movement fundamentals before i move onto TTT2 fulltime.